What's new

Hi Everyone

2002 holy s...t I was only 4 back then we had AOL internet lol how old is PDF again I was always wondered that I discovered PDF like in 2011 or 2012 I joined like two months back welcome back

lolz yea, and wikipedia had like 3 articles on it

thanks ISI =)

I am guessing you were in your teens when you joined tell me how was 2000s PDF like and when was PDF made

i must have been 17? or maybe my memory's screwed and I was in second year? ... no i think it was highschool.

PDF was a lot of fun. We had people from all over the world (I'm sure that's still true today). A couple of very friendly Chinese members with very good technical knowledge. We had a former US Sniper, who was mostly friendly and a good resource. PDF was one of the very few online defense forums where you had former military people, and and total kids like me (back then), all in one place... that is VERY rare, trust me. I've spent time on many-a-defense-forum over the years, and there's nothing like PDF.... cuz PDF was pure, magnificent, CHAOS! Anything could happen. A guy from the US even converted to Islam! Right here on the forum!

You could have the most intellectual discussion going on in one thread, and the most ridiculous nonsense right next to it, and both were fair game. And omG Pak vs India arguments.... they were hilarious. Nothing beats pak-punjabi humor man... That's the real Pakistani superpower... Case in point, remember this from back in the day?!?! (DISCLAIMER contains VERY foul language!)

Last edited:
thanks ISI =)

i must have been 17? or maybe my memory's screwed and I was in second year? ... no i think it was highschool.

PDF was a lot of fun. We had people from all over the world (I'm sure that's still true today). A couple of very friendly Chinese members with very good technical knowledge. We had a former US Sniper, who was mostly friendly and a good resource. PDF was one of the very few online defense forums where you had former military people, and and total kids like me (back then), all in one place... that is VERY rare, trust me. I've spent time on many-a-defense-forum over the years, and there's nothing like PDF.... cuz PDF was pure, magnificent, CHAOS! Anything could happen. A guy from the US even converted to Islam! Right here on the forum!

You could have the most intellectual discussion going on in one thread, and the most ridiculous nonsense right next to it, and both were fair game. And omG Pak vs India arguments.... they were hilarious. Nothing beats punjabi humor man... That's the real Pakistani superpower... Case in point, remember this from back in the day?!?! (DISCLAIMER contains VERY foul language!)
@WebMaster do u remember him?

Hey Webby!!! "Silent Ghost" here... u remember me??? It was a love/hate relationship as far as i remember lolz.

thanks ISI =)

You could have the most intellectual discussion going on in one thread, and the most ridiculous nonsense right next to it, and both were fair game. And omG Pak vs India arguments.... they were hilarious. Nothing beats pak-punjabi humor man... That's the real Pakistani superpower... Case in point, remember this from back in the day?!?! (DISCLAIMER contains VERY foul language!)

What you do these days man I wish I was old enough back in the 1990s and 2000s being young these days sucks

What you do these days man I wish I was old enough back in the 1990s and 2000s being young these days sucks

i'm a 'data scientist' in a telecom company in canada these days. other than that just busy workin on some projects with some friends, one of which is this podcast we started.

and don't worry about being young... it's mostly cuz when you're young, your brain makes time pass slower (i think because it's focusing on absorbing all the little details of life.) as you get older, time starts to move much faster, cuz you're just skipping over the details as you've seen them before... and then soon enough you will be saying 'being old sucks!' cuz time just starts speeding away...

i'm a 'data scientist' in a telecom company in canada these days. other than that just busy workin on some projects with some friends, one of which is this podcast we started.

and don't worry about being young... it's mostly cuz when you're young, your brain makes time pass slower (i think because it's focusing on absorbing all the little details of life.) as you get older, time starts to move much faster, cuz you're just skipping over the details as you've seen them before... and then soon enough you will be saying 'being old sucks!' cuz time just starts speeding away...

Did you grew up in North America are you diaspora

Welcome back man. :)

Which tools/languages are you using being a data scientist?

Welcome back man. :)
Which tools/languages are you using being a data scientist?

Thanks brother =) I'm using SQL/SAS mostly and a little bit of HiveQL for Hadoop, through SAS EG.

You've really done a hell of a job here bro, the place looks great! Very slick UI to the whole site.

Did you grew up in North America are you diaspora

Mostly yea, my family moved to Canada in '97.

walcome back brathar ...

thanx bro =)

Have you been abroad a lot like which countries have you been back to Pakistan recently how was the War on Terro of the early 2000s like on PDF you joined in 2002 a year after 9/11 I am guessing it was much more heated back then here as well

Have you been abroad a lot like which countries have you been back to Pakistan recently how was the War on Terro of the early 2000s like on PDF you joined in 2002 a year after 9/11 I am guessing it was much more heated back then here as well

I was in Canada when 9/11 happened, saw it live on CNN. But as far as PDF is concerned, I don't remember focusing on the 'war on terror' much...? Keep in mind, this was BEFORE the sh**t hit the fan in Pakistan... there was no TTP back then, and no daily drone strikes etc. The whole thing really turned ugly in Pakistan after the TTP and the bombings started in late 2000s :suicide2: but that was well after my time here on PDF...

The one american military guy that was here back then wasn't anti-pakistani... But I spent some time on ShadowSpear (a US forum with mostly military members) and they HATE Pakistanis these days... It's a general trend in US military now. According to them, we're the reason they're losing in Afghanistan?? lolz. Idiots.

As for other places, hmmm, well I lived in China for a year actually in 2010/11 (i think, i'm really bad with dates.) :china: I usually visit Pakistan once every 4 years or so. It's been a while now though... my grandparents moved here with us now so my Pak trips are going to be less frequent.

Are you spying PDF? Your presence on every new member thread to welcome but absence from debate suggest that you are silently monitoring
I used to participate more on the discussion threads but found the pervasive anti-Americanism off-putting. So, now, I look at the new member introductions and read many of the posts, but only comment, usually, when I have an anti-Iranian comment to make. I dislike the evil Iranian government more than any other in the world. I'm not a "spy".

Back
Top Bottom