What's new

Heroes of Pakistan

pp7.jpg

Good to know that the armed forces are the real heroes of Pakistan. Staying true to Qauid's words of no discrimination on religion, race, creed or cast!

Abdul Qadeer Khan (A.Q Khan)
154521-004-71831928.jpg

Doctor Abdul Qadeer Khan is the founder of Pakistan's Uranium Enrichment Program, which was a part of Pakistan's atomic bomb project. A.Q Khan served as both Director-General and lead scientist at the Kahuta Research Laboratories. A.Q Khan played a lead role in Project 706.
Abdul Qadeer Khan was awarded Hilal-i-Imtiaz in 1989 and Nishan-i-Imtiaz in both 1996 and 1999.
"No money on earth can buy the love and affection given to me by a grateful nation"
"I am proud to work for my country"
Born 1936, Current age: 81

The Atlantique Incident Crew
Frasat Ali, Mehboob Alam, Zarrar Ahmad, Mohammad Hussain, Azhar Hussain, Rizwan Masood, Mohammad Hafeez, Wahid Iqbal, Mohammad Tariq, S. Mehmood, Mohammad Yasin, Mohammad Riaz, Mohammad Sarwar, Aftab Ahmad, Nawazish Ali, M.N Masood
On 10 August 1999, a Pakistan Navy P3-Orion carrying 16 crew men (5 officers, 11 sailors) was shot down by an Indian Air Force, MiG-21 in Pakistani Air Space that resulted in the loss of 16 Pakistan Navy crew members who were on board that ill-fated flight.
The Indian Air Force Pilot, Sqdn Ldr Bundela shot down an unarmed, defenceless aircraft which has no sinister attentions. The pilot of the IAF, MiG-21 later met' a bloody and slow death after an air crash.
The brave crew of the Atlantique Flight are remembered as heroes.
May their legacy live on forever.
10 August 1999

Muhammad Ali Jinnah (Quaid-e-Azam)
Quaidportrait.jpg

Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah, also know as "The father of the nation". By profession Jinnah was barrister however Jinnah played a major role in politics in British India. The British Empire was finding it hard to fund the occupation of British India and was looking for a way out. Jinnah suggested splitting British India into two countries; Hindu Majority - India and Muslim Majority - Pakistan. This was due to lack of rights that the Muslims of India had. Jinnah fought a brave battle for the rights of the Muslims of British India (later became Pakistan).
"You are free; you are free to go to your temples, you are free to go to your mosques or to any other place or worship in this State of Pakistan. You may belong to any religion or caste or creed - that has nothing to do with the business of the State."
1876 - 1948
Pakistan: 14 August 1947 (Jinnah's legacy)

General (R) Raheel Sharif
Army-Chief-General-Raheel-Sharif.jpg

General Raheel Sharif served as Pakistan's 15th Chief of Army Staff, from November 2013 to November 2016. General Raheel is credited with the giving the order to start an anti-terrorism operation within Pakistan, named Operation Zarb-e-Azb. Op.Zarb-e-Azb is considered a major success in terms of improvements in security, safety and development of the country.
General Raheel Sharif graduated from 54th PMA Long Course in 1976.
General Raheel has a long family legacy of Nishan-e-Haider recipients. General Raheel is the nephew of Major Aziz Bhatti (NH) and brother of Major Rana Shabbir Sharif (NH).
Born in 1956, current age: 61

Doctor Abdus Salam
salam.jpg

Doctor Abdus Salam was a theoretical physicist and won the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1979 for his contributions to the electroweak interaction theory. Doctor Abdus Salam was the first Pakistani and the first Muslim to win a Nobel Prize.
Doctor Abdus Salam played a major role in the development of Project 706. Doctor Abdus Salam believed in the importance of nuclear technology in Pakistan for peaceful purposes. In 1972 Abdus Salam has travelled to the United States and had returned to Pakistan with scientific information about the Manhattan Project and calculations involving the atomic bombs.
1926 - 1996 (aged: 70)

More on Abdus Salam's electroweak interaction theory:
According to modern physics, four fundamental forces exist in nature. Electromagnetic interaction is one of these. The weak interaction - responsible, for example, for the beta decay of nuclei - is another. Thanks to contributions made by Abdus Salam, Sheldon Glashow,and Steven Weinberg in 1968, these two interactions were unified to one single, called electroweak. The theory predicted, for example, that weak interaction manifests itself in "neutral weak currents" when certain elementary particles interact. This was later confirmed.

Last edited:
Mahbub-Ul-Haq
Mahbub-ul-Haq.jpg

Mahbub-ul-Haq was a Pakistani game theorist whose work led to the Human Development Index. He had a profound effect on the field of international development. Haq also served as the World Bank's Director of Policy Planning (1970–1982) and headed Pakistan's Finance Ministry as its minister of finance and planning (1982–1988). In 1989, he was appointed as Special Advisor to the UNDP Administrator, where he led a team of international scholars to produce the first Human Development Report.
1934 - 1998

Captain Roohullah Shaheed
Capt Roohullah Shaheed was a Pakistan Army infantry regiment soldier and was a part of the SSG (Special Service Group). On 24 October 2016, Quetta Police Training College was attacked by a group of 3 militants, the attack claimed the lives of 62 people including Capt Roohullah.
Capt Roohullah was a part of the QRF (Quick Reaction Force) that was deployed to the scene, his job was to secure all civilians and prevent any further deaths and injuries, a rescue operation.
Capt Roohullah entered a room in an attempt to clear the room. He stated to everyone in the room that he was a soldier of The Pakistan Army and a member of the SSG. He asked everyone in the room if they were our own (asking if everyone in the room was a civilian), everyone in the room replied yes. As he turned towards a bed in the room, he noticed movement underneath it and asked who that was. When he saw that the person under the bed was a militant armed with a jacket, Capt Roohullah jumped on him and prevent further loss of civilian life.
A remembrance page on Facebook has been set up, under Capt Roohullah's name.
https://en-gb.facebook.com/RoohUllahshaheed/

Fauj only knows two religions and sects. Shaheed and Ghazi.
What my friend @Sher Shah Awan is pointing out is that despite being discrimination on religion belives in the country, for example Sunni, Shia, Christian, Hindu, Jewish are all allowed to be the next PM of Pakistan however Ahmadi Muslims are not allowed to be PM, President or even vote for this matter however the army does not discriminate no matter what religion, creed or cast.

What my friend @Sher Shah Awan is pointing out is that despite being discrimination on religion belives in the country, for example Sunni, Shia, Christian, Hindu, Jewish are all allowed to be the next PM of Pakistan however Ahmadi Muslims are not allowed to be PM, President or even vote for this matter however the army does not discriminate no matter what religion, creed or cast.
I know that's what I meant.

Xlokq
Thought I'll add my cousin here.
I was 4 when he passed away. But my mother tell me how he used to say he wants me in Air Force and tells me stuff like never compromise on two things; your family and your country.
Meet Sq. Ldr. Abdurrab. He martyred in Muhsaf Ali Mir crash in 2003. He was supposed to be married a week after his crash. He crashed near his own village in Kohat, where his fiancée lived too.
A picture would be nice alongside a little background story, when did he pass Long Course, where he was born, what aircraft was he flying.
I'm sorry for your loss and I thank your cousin for his service.

Back
Top Bottom