What's new

Here’s why People in Pakistan Stay in Loveless Marriages

Shawashy, Mangobaz kafi nahi tha jo ye drama parhlo bhi aagya ....

So called love marriages have highest divorce rates with many even ending on murders
Yes, it might be because the people have love marriages have guts to stand for there wishes/emotions and marrying their Girlfriends rather than marrying someones else girlfriend, and again they have guts to stand for themselves and take decisions in ending relationships rather than dragging and compromising on their self-respect, wishes, and desires.
I believe, People are true to there relationships in the west if they find the partners are cheating on them or they have lost interest in the relationship, it is better to end it rather than dragging it until the grave.

I believe in love marriages.i don't know how can someone live with a stranger which suddenly becomes your partner.it is terrible.it depends on the person.i have seen lots of arrange marriages and they are successful but sometimes,woman pay the price by claiming that everything is well in her house despite abuse and beating.this is the reality of our society which we can't ignore.sometimes love marriages ended after couple fed up.this is also common here.

Loveless or not. In Pakistan, I have seen older couples really happy and loving towards each other whether those were my grand parents, parents, uncles and aunts. The divorce rate is much less while in the west a marriage / relationship surviving more than ten years is becoming rare.
She is bringing things from $hitt places only addressing Pakistan and from Pakistan while claiming to be core Brit and can't understand Urdu, wants to wear western revealing cloths in Pakistan while dating ISI agent....what a confuse kid suffering inferiority complex...who is not Brit but born there may suffer her whole school years bullied by real white kids now turned out as self apologising western flag bearer wana be more white than whites.

But guys the marriage we have in Pakistan is not balanced. Is does not have miyana ravi i.e middle path, which is sunnah. If it is dysfunctional it is too dysfunctional and getting out of it is too hard. Or it creates too many social problems for all parties.
When it is functional then well and good.

You’ve seen one, heard of one or been in one: A Loveless marriage. A true fact is many people see marriages as only a living arrangement, a communal bond between families or something limited to a certificate with all feelings of love and companionship on the side. In Islam, spouses are meant to love each other for Allah’s sake, be grateful for each other, be the coolness of one’s eyes and communicate just like best friends. While this all sounds great, the question remains of why people stay in loveless/unhappy marriages and is it worth it to stay if you are in one?

The number one and most common reason for parents to stay put in unhappy marriages are their children, sacrificing their own happiness for the sake of giving their offsprings a stable environment to grow in. This is the noblest and logical reason to stay in an unhappy marriage and no blame is given to the parents for wanting to stay together for their kids. However, a lot of people fail to realize is growing up with such parents often leads their children growing up with difficulty being in trusting relationships, taking rejection extremely hard and having major self-worth issues.

It’s no secret women are usually pressured into marriages, and it’s the same pressure on them which makes them stay. The concept of divorce is still a taboo in Pakistan, seen as a failure and met with gasps and judgmental eyes. Sometimes, it might be easier to stay in an unhappy marriage than to have to deal with society’s entire gaze once you are out of one.

Even if you are not completely dependent on your spouse for your finances, it is not easy to go from a two to one income household and give up many of the luxuries that come with a marriage.

If people are in a loveless marriage, chances are the two don’t know how to communicate about small things let alone have serious talks about separation or divorce. This leads to them living their separate lives under the same roof.

Once someone gets married their life becomes more concentrated on fulfilling responsibilities and whether love exists is not a priority. This is upsetting as while a child may suffer from having separated parents it is equally if not more emotionally damaging to have parents who don’t seem to care about each other and barely communicate.

Many spouses can’t imagine what their life would be like outside of marriage, what they would do or what kind of person they would be. The fear of the unknown coupled with hopes of things getting better leads to them staying put. In addition, many women have been conditioned to believe marriage has only a one-way entry with no way out and have no confidence on how to face the world on their own.

Bottom line is things need to change. Marriages should be about mutual love and respect, and whether two people want to stay together is obviously their own business, it is important to not only think of others but also themselves. Who is a person outside a marriage and without being buried with the responsibilities that come along with it? How is a loveless marriage better for your children than separation in the long run? These are questions one should be asking if they find themselves in a marriage devoid of any emotion.

Yes, society is progressing and slowly more people are dropping out or marriages when it’s not worth it but many still don’t have support from their families and the rest of society. If someone is in an unhappy marriage the first thing to be done accept it and then see what can be done to fix it, as marriage should be a beautiful and sacred bond between two people. Hopefully recognizing some of the reasons people stay in loveless marriages can help see what can be done to end the cycle.

Source: https://pink.parhlo.com/pakistani-p...arriages/#utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Pink

The only post where I agree with you fully! :lol:

Loveless or not. In Pakistan, I have seen older couples really happy and loving towards each other whether those were my grand parents, parents, uncles and aunts. The divorce rate is much less while in the west a marriage / relationship surviving more than ten years is becoming rare.

I think she is only saying that if there is no love remaining, the parting ways is better rather than bringing up children in an environment where there is too much pressure..

That's a different topic when we see people whose marriages are arranged develop love in the first few months.. and that love is really long lasting (lasts till death). This is what happened to our elders...

I read a book on psychology (don't remembers the name) in which the author concluded that in arranged marriages, people don't know about each other.. and they start knowing good things and bad things only after they meet the first time after marriage.. while in love marriage, the couple only show their good qualities before marriage.. after marriage they start knowing the unacceptable behavior of the other half.. which leads to only a downward journey.. because the expectations become too high in the relationship before marriage... There are more chances of couple starting a downward journey, because they stand on the highest point of expectations..

But even if in arranged marriage, things aren't moving in the right direction (very rarely), it is better to part ways rather than being dragged with the relationship till death..

Pull the plug out of Indian channels and Bollywood, most of these issues will resolve by themselves.

TIL half of the people on this forum are just salty because they repeatedly get friend zoned. As a man you're meant to attracted to the opposite gender unless youre a g-man (don't report this to the authorities though you might lose your neck).

Or jealous that they’ve had to endure suffering so ‘how dare others try and be happy’ - selfish idiots.

"Bottom line is things need to change. Marriages should be about mutual love and respect, and whether two people want to stay together is obviously their own business, it is important to not only think of others but also themselves. Who is a person outside a marriage and without being buried with the responsibilities that come along with it? How is a loveless marriage better for your children than separation in the long run? These are questions one should be asking if they find themselves in a marriage devoid of any emotion."

There is a clear attempt to encourage divorce even if it means leaving children vulnerable.

I strongly reject this non sense.

"Bottom line is things need to change. Marriages should be about mutual love and respect, and whether two people want to stay together is obviously their own business, it is important to not only think of others but also themselves. Who is a person outside a marriage and without being buried with the responsibilities that come along with it? How is a loveless marriage better for your children than separation in the long run? These are questions one should be asking if they find themselves in a marriage devoid of any emotion."

There is a clear attempt to encourage divorce even if it means leaving children vulnerable.

I strongly reject this non sense.

I think what’s it’s suggesting is after years of struggle - when there’s nothing there it eventually does lead to extra martial affairs which is worse!

Back
Top Bottom