What's new

HELP!: Pakistani Narrative on Partition

PakistaniJunior

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Salam,

I am researching about the Pakistani Narrative regarding Partition, in a perhaps more chronological manner because i want to understand the reasons and signs which prompted the muslims of present day Pakistan and Bangladesh to pursue partition/independence in 1947. What were the tell tale signs, and factors which influenced these events? When did this rift and distrust began. What made people like Jinnah, Allama Iqbal , Sir syed Ahmed Khan etc etc go from supporting Hindu-Muslim bhai bhai to realizing the importance for the creation of a separate muslim state. Was there any role of Veer Sarvarkar and his radical organization that we do not know of?

Maybe these are a lot of questions to ask at a time, by i want to know the proper Pakistani Narrative to these things. So, if any of the well informed members have any time to spare, i would really appreciate if you'd help me learn. Or if you had any links and docs that contain the information i am looking for, i will highly appreciate that too!

:pakistan: As much knowledge as possible is appreciated. Thank you.

Salam,

I am researching about the Pakistani Narrative regarding Partition, in a perhaps more chronological manner because i want to understand the reasons and signs which prompted the muslims of present day Pakistan and Bangladesh to pursue partition/independence in 1947. What were the tell tale signs, and factors which influenced these events? When did this rift and distrust began. What made people like Jinnah, Allama Iqbal , Sir syed Ahmed Khan etc etc go from supporting Hindu-Muslim bhai bhai to realizing the importance for the creation of a separate muslim state. Was there any role of Veer Sarvarkar and his radical organization that we do not know of?

Maybe these are a lot of questions to ask at a time, by i want to know the proper Pakistani Narrative to these things. So, if any of the well informed members have any time to spare, i would really appreciate if you'd help me learn. Or if you had any links and docs that contain the information i am looking for, i will highly appreciate that too!

For the same reasons that exist today. Modern day indians and their ancestors always had a deep, abnormal and obsessive hatred towards the different ethnic and racial groups that make up modern day Pakistan. It has always been this way. You only have to look at the anti-Pakistani, anti-Muslim comments on PDF to see this.

Salam,

Was there any role of Veer Sarvarkar and his radical organization that we do not know of?

In 1939, the Hindu Mahasabha led by Savarkar formed a coalition government in Sindh and NWFP with Muslim League as its partner.
On 3 March 1943, this coalition government passed a resolution in favour of the creation of Pakistan.

In 1941, Syama Prasad Mookerjee of Hindu Mahasabha became the finance minister of the Fazlul Haq Muslim League Bengal government.

For the same reasons that exist today. Modern day indians and their ancestors always had a deep, abnormal and obsessive hatred towards the different ethnic and racial groups that make up modern day Pakistan. It has always been this way. You only have to look at the anti-Pakistani, anti-Muslim comments on PDF to see this.

I have basic understanding of the situation, but i am trying to find information in a chronological and analyzed manner (+ which has proven sources that indeed a event described had taken place irl). If not chrononological, huge chunks of information is good too. I know that the distrust between Muslims and Hindus may have existed even before the British, but i want to know in the context of Partition, what were those events that took place, which eventually lead to the creation of Pakistan? The motives and incentives included.

In 1939, the Hindu Mahasabha led by Savarkar formed a coalition government in Sindh and NWFP with Muslim League as its partner.
On 3 March 1943, this coalition government passed a resolution in favour of the creation of Pakistan.

In 1941, Syama Prasad Mookerjee of Hindu Mahasabha became the finance minister of the Fazlul Haq Muslim League Bengal government.

Source?

-------

I do not know who to tag or who might be the appropriate member who has the knowledge. :( Can the mods help?

@jaibi @PakSword @Horus @Talwar e Pakistan

The Bengal Fazlul Huq government was not Muslim League. It was another party called Krishak Sramik Party. The supporters of the party were Muslim peasants.

The Sind and NWFP coalition governments were Hindu Mahasabha and Muslim League.

http://southasiajournal.net/guilty-...hindu-nationalist-project-borrowed-by-jinnah/

"HINDU MAHASABHA LED BY SAVARKAR RAN COALITION GOVERNMENTS WITH MUSLIM LEAGUE

The children of Hindu nationalist, Savarkar ruling India presently are oblivious of the shocking fact that Hindu Mahasabha led by Savarkar entered into alliances with the Muslim League in order to break the united freedom struggle, specially, the 1942 Quit India Movement against the British rulers.

While delivering Presidential address to the 24th session of Hindu Mahasabha at Cawnpore (Kanpur) in 1942, he defended hobnobbing with the Muslim League in the following words, “In practical politics also the Mahasabha knows that we must advance through reasonable compromises. Witness the fact that only recently in Sind, the Sind-Hindu-Sabha on invitation had taken the responsibility of joining hands with the League itself in running coalition Government.
The case of Bengal is well known. Wild Leaguers whom even the Congress with all its submissiveness could not placate grew quite reasonably compromising and socialable as soon as they came in contact with the Hindu Mahasabha and the Coalition Government, under the premiership of Mr. Fazlul Huq and the able lead of our esteemed Mahasabha leader Dr. Syama Prasad Mookerji, functioned successfully for a year or so to the benefit of both the communities. Moreover further events also proved demonstratively that the Hindu Mahasabhaits endeavoured to capture the centres of political power only in the public interests and not for the leaves and fishes of the office.”[xxiii]
Hindu Mahasabha and Muslim League also formed a coalition government in NWFP also."

Salam,

Well, everybody has their story. One of the most popular is. Long, long, long time ago in what is now Iraq a child was born. His name was Bin Qasim and he believed in two nation theory. That is Muslims are one nation and Hindus are one nation. So he set sail with a army from Iraq to Sindh. He landed near present day Karachi and began building up the one nation for Muslims. It took his descendants another 1,000 years until under the banner Muslim League led by the able Jinnah in 1947 Bin Qasim's dream came true. The One Nation showed respect by naming a port Bin Qasim. Along the way it was found there was Trojan Horse who were pretend Muslims. They were thrown out of the One Nation and today exist as Bangladesh. Today Pakistan is home of Islam with a capital named Islamabad. Only true, pious Muslims are allowed to be citizens of this One Nation.

I hope this helps.

Well, everybody has their story. One of the most popular is. Long, long, long time ago in what is now Iraq a child was born. His name was Bin Qasim and he believed in two nation theory. That is Muslims are one nation and Hindus are one nation. So he set sail with a army from Iraq to Sindh. He landed near present day Karachi and began building up the one nation for Muslims. It took his descendants another 1,000 years until under the banner Muslim League led by the able Jinnah in 1947 Bin Qasim's dream came true. The One Nation showed respect by naming a port Bin Qasim. Along the way it was found there was Trojan Horse who were pretend Muslims. They were thrown out of the One Nation and today exist as Bangladesh. Today Pakistan is home of Islam with a capital named Islamabad. Only true, pious Muslims are allowed to be citizens of this One Nation.

I hope this helps.
Oh Lord, here we go...

Intellectuals and scholars are the best people to guide next generation on the past. Unfortunately, in today's Pakistan, the press in general doe not inform but misinform. It does not tell facts or history, it slanders.

If you want to read about Pakistan history, I will recommend two books :

1. Jinnah of Pakistan by Stanley Wolpert
  2. The emergence of Pakistan by Chaudhry Mohammed Ali

For ease of reading, I will recommend second book to read first.

I posted this in another thread for an Afghan brother who wanted to know Pakistani perspective.

@Hakikat ve Hikmet @Talwar e Pakistan @Mangus Ortus Novem @Safriz @Areesh @PakFactor @Desert Fox @DESERT FIGHTER @BHarwana @Ahmet Pasha

I can recommend you some books on Quaid e Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah and Partition.

Z.A. Suleri (Ziauddin Ahmed Suleri) has authored many books on him.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z._A._Suleri

The Charismatic Leader: Quaid-i-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah and the Creation of Pakistan by Sikandar Hayat.

Constructing Pakistan
Foundational Texts and the Rise of Muslim National Identity 1857–1947
By Masood Ashraf Raja

Dr. Israr Ahmad has some lectures and pamphlets on the issue. You can find him on Youtube.

allama-iqbal-quaid-e-azam-aur-nazria-e-pakistan-by-dr-israr-ahmed.jpg

The Reconstruction of Religious Thought in Islam

by Dr. Muhammad Iqbal (Allama Iqbal)

I have some other sources, but I will have to go through them and get back to you brother.

Oxford Press Pakistan and Dar Us Salam have many good English books.

Maybe some other brothers can recommend some. If they know anyone else, they can tag other members.

If you know Urdu, I am sure we can find you some better sources even.

Interestingly enough, I took the exact opposite route. I did not study Western history and actively avoided their perspective in my university days. Every popular book I read about Islamic history or Muslims was so filled with lies and propaganda that I grew disheartened.

I rejected Western narrative of history altogether and felt European history does not properly reflect the challenges Islamic societies face. So I began finding books around me written by Muslim authors or those from the Muslim world. I absorbed everything in this vein in my university library and ordered books from Pakistan. Then I moved onto Urdu sources eventually. The world opened up vastly. So many retired military men, Islamic scholars, and politicians have written great books on their experiences during Pakistan's most difficult times.

I wish I had more time to dedicate to this hobby, but work and familial obligations keep me in the present, lol.

Thanks for your post, I feel like I need to go on another spending spree in Pakistan.

If you have any books from the Afghan perspective (not Western,) please share with me. My Dari and Pukhto is not so strong that I can read heavy books yet, in sha Allah it will be.

I know there are many great books from early Islamic history by Arab authors and such, many have been translated. If you have any favorites, send their names to me.

Check the books I mentioned there.

The emergence of Pakistan by Chaudhry Mohammed Ali

I have not read this one, thanks brother.

The author was our Prime Minister for one year in 1955.

I posted this in another thread for an Afghan brother who wanted to know Pakistani perspective.

Yes and that book is easy to read and very well written.

Intellectuals and scholars are the best people to guide next generation on the past. Unfortunately, in today's Pakistan, the press in general doe not inform but misinform. It does not tell facts or history, it slanders.

If you want to read about Pakistan history, I will recommend two books :

1. Jinnah of Pakistan by Stanley Wolpert
  2. The emergence of Pakistan by Chaudhry Mohammed Ali

For ease of reading, I will recommend second book to read first.

!!! I see !! Thank you so much for these recommendations!!

And i agree, on the internet there is a lot more of Indian perspective and misinformation than a Pakistani's perspective so it's hard to get the information i am looking for but hopefully these books will help. I can't go out to buy them but maybe i'll find PDF versions online. :)

Back
Top Bottom