What's new

Help Needed: Visiting Karachi

Should I go outside the Airport to visit Mazar-e-Quaid

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
" Thank You for dedicating your life for us.
We are not perfect, but much stronger than when you left.
May Allah shower his infinite mercies on you.
May Allah make your graves one of the most beautiful gardens of Jannah
May Allah give us the strength to make Pakistan what you envisioned.
May Allah forgive you, and us for our shortcomings.
We will always remember you, cherish your memories, miss you, and try and follow your teachings.
You indeed were a Great Quaid."
:(

MashaAllah very nice @Indus Falcon bhai

Sorry aether i jokingly voted i am not a pakistani. Iwas messing abt the options. 8-)

Don't worry mate, my accent is clean

I was brought up in Pakistan and studied up to Class 7 before moving to UK.
Ohhhhhh apko urdu bolni aatee hai ooooooooo

Sorry aether i jokingly voted i am not a pakistani. Iwas messing abt the options. 8-)

Ohhhhhh apko urdu bolni aatee hai ooooooooo
Sachi baat zubaan pe aa hi jaati hai.. You're a non-Pakistani agent trying to pretend as Pakistani to tarnish the image of Pakistan...

Sachi baat zubaan pe aa hi jaati hai.. You're a non-Pakistani agent trying to pretend as Pakistani to tarnish the image of Pakistan...
Even u aether
*taking backward steps leaves the thread, turns away and runs away fast without looking back

4018347-9187425731-sad-d.gif

I spent two year in Karachi when my father had his posting in malir cant Karachi. I used to travel alone and never faced any issues. Mostly impression is negative when you live outside Karachi because all you hear is negative news about Karachi . I wish to visit those places again as it was long ago. I always found peace ans tranquillity at mizar e quiad . It was not over crowded at that time and also make sure to check out the museum attached to it which has a lot of historical pieces related to the Quaid including some rare pics and his old vintage cars :)

I always found peace ans tranquillity at mizar e quiad .

Last time I was there, I couldn't hold back my tears. I somehow felt connected to him, his life, his sacrifices, the partition, everything just came rushing down on me. Quite an emotional visit.

Nonetheless, visiting once in a while, does make you realize the sacrifices people have given, both civilian and military, for our motherland.

I think there are only a small number of peopl in my Karachi side family who have not been robbed. Once when there was an iron bond between muslims left in lucknow and Karachi the Lucknowis, some who have grown patriotic Indians mock us. We did this ourselves by creating the MQM terror mafia and now are a pain in the *** and a liability for the rest of the country despite the fact that we left everything behind for Pakistan.

My biggest beef against my community, the people who call themselves muhajir proudly is that they, instead of cementing the Pakistani union made it weaker. For example our imposition of urdu on the Bengalis. Another mistake was we should have acted as a bridge for muslims left in Lucknow and should have Pakistanized them. We never did this nor could we because we started asking extra rights in our new made Pakistan, and when we did not get them (there is no such thing as a free lunch), we started crying oppression without looking at the fact that we were both the richest ethnic group and in control of Sindh and its capital in an iron grip. We failed our relatives in Lucknow and my parents were born in that place. For example my nana, from our mothers side stayed on in Lucknow but he had such a strong belief in Pakistan as a state he married almost each daughter to those who had migrated west of Indian occupied parts.

@Aether I think I am going off tangent here. I am just sick of the ethnic problem of this country. My entire family on Pakistan side votes for MQM and there is no stopping them. The problem is if you are not a mahajir you might have many problems:

1) Jobs: Muhajirs take up almost all positions in Karachi
2) Crime, Bhatta Khori (extortion) and kidnapping: This might be new but PPP has crime wings too in Karachi. They kidnapped an uncle a long time ago.
3) Political violence: MQM supporters are and may plan something big since the operation. Altaf already asked for Indian help and got it. Britain is guarding his *** there.

Last time I was there, I couldn't hold back my tears. I somehow felt connected to him, his life, his sacrifices, the partition, everything just came rushing down on me. Quite an emotional visit.

Nonetheless, visiting once in a while, does make you realize the sacrifices people have given, both civilian and military, for our motherland.
I almost cried as well.

I think there are only a small number of peopl in my Karachi side family who have not been robbed.

I know ppl who got robbed in broad daylight in good neighbourhood of islamabad.
I almost cried as well.

Weirdly i feel an odd strong emotional connection with him, Jinnah. Dont know why i feel like crying when i look at his images close to 14 aug. I dont know but for the first time i saw someone cursing him badly was here by Indians,maybe i saw that before but it wasnt as ugly as happening here.

The anger that i sensed each time isaw abusive remrks towards him even surprised me.

Indians have concocted lies against him that he was responsible for 45 direct action riots and deaths tho everyone knows it was hindus as usual attacking muslims properties and women when muslim men were off to jalsa that triggered riots.

I have three prime concerns,

1) Despite being a Pakistani, how safe is it going to be to leave Karachi Airport on my own and visit Mazar-e-Quaid?

2) How far is it from Karachi Airport and what is the best way to get there?

3) Roughly how much it costs as I may not be carrying Pakistani currency except few notes left in my pocket when I travelled last time couple of months ago.

)

First of all a big LOL .. Dude khi is pakistan .. You are getting paranoid .. Its safe you can come on your own to mazar and not a thing will be a an obstructuction , khi is still great and most Moderate as any other city

there are dozens of radio taxis cabins or kisoks as soon as you step out from the arrival terminal
,charges are 25rs pkm min is 25 kms afterwards at the same rate .. So 500 rs and max a thousand for a return journey to the airport .. +
Tips upto you .. There are money exchanges on the airport so you can change some
Of the foreign currecny i suggest between 3-5000 to be on the safe side.

And you should stay more in the city its great , still is very liveral & lively ..

First of all a big LOL .. Dude khi is pakistan .. You are getting paranoid .. Its safe you can come on your own to mazar and not a thing will be a an obstructuction , khi is still great and most Moderate as any other city

there are dozens of radio taxis cabins or kisoks as soon as you step out from the arrival terminal
,charges are 25rs pkm min is 25 kms afterwards at the same rate .. So 500 rs and max a thousand for a return journey to the airport .. +
Tips upto you .. There are money exchanges on the airport so you can change some
Of the foreign currecny i suggest between 3-5000 to be on the safe side.

And you should stay more in the city its great , still is very liveral & lively ..
Thanks for your post Pak Marine, I will keep your advice in mind

I know Karachi is in Pakistan and I am sure it will be wonderful experience for me, much like Lahore I reckon. The only reason I am bit curious is due to recent political crisis in Karachi may lead to unforeseen circumstances for the non resident of Karachi. I am not scared of it, I just want to be safe as I have got number of responsibilities to fulfil before death :lol:

I know Karachi is in Pakistan and I am sure it will be wonderful experience for me, much like Lahore I reckon. The only reason I am bit curious is due to recent political crisis in Karachi may lead to unforeseen circumstances for the non resident of Karachi. I am not scared of it, I just want to be safe as I have got number of responsibilities to fulfil before death :lol:
Dude Its over hyped by those 200 anchors in their 2500 daily talk shows .. unrest is in densely populated areas .. its a multi mega city of 30 million .. please do not worry wear whatever you want to jeans t shirts or shalwar kameez .. Go and see the Quaid and tell him to ask God to grant us a healthy ,wealthy and happy pakistan

Its not his fault if he never been there. Weseey to Baluchistan b humara province ha lakin suna ha kuch jagga punjabiyoon ko bus se nikaal k special slami detey hain :D

Yaar app ko urdu atti ha bus muhajir/urdu speaker bun jana kuch hour k lia aur altaaf bhi k khilaaf kohee baaat nhi karne ka taxi main beth k aur paan se khas kar bachne ka.. last time whnei came from cinema hall..kis ne paan thok dia peshet qameez par aur meri amma dar ghi k khoon ha kidar lar k aya hoon

Yaar app ko urdu atti ha bus muhajir/urdu speaker bun jana kuch hour k lia aur altaaf bhi k khilaaf kohee baaat nhi karne ka taxi main beth k aur paan se khas kar bachne ka.. last time whnei came from cinema hall..kis ne paan thok dia peshet qameez par aur meri amma dar ghi k khoon ha kidar lar k aya hoon
Of course I will not be discussing politics with anybody... I am going there for a reason, not to debate with anybody.

Paan se bach ke, yeah sure

I will pray for you @Aether brother; InshaAllah you will remain safe and sound and this little trip of yours will be a memorable one for you; somehow I feel you are paying this homage to the Father-of-the-Nation on behalf of all of us who are outside Pakistan and specifically here on PDF...may we all bear witness to the true greatness this great Country of ours is destined to.

Ameen :(

And now to keep your spirits high :tup: ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom