What's new

Help Needed: Visiting Karachi

Should I go outside the Airport to visit Mazar-e-Quaid

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Aether u wont regret it. She is sexy beyond imagination! Or another one Sohai Ali Abro or Mahwish Hayat.

Sohai has a draw back ie has a loud mouth!!!!!:rofl:

@Aether

When you do visit the Quaid's mazar kindly pass on this msg:

" Thank You for dedicating your life for us.
We are not perfect, but much stronger than when you left.
May Allah shower his infinite mercies on you.
May Allah make your graves one of the most beautiful gardens of Jannah
May Allah give us the strength to make Pakistan what you envisioned.
May Allah forgive you, and us for our shortcomings.
We will always remember you, cherish your memories, miss you, and try and follow your teachings.
You indeed were a Great Quaid."
:(

Do you recommend anything else in the meanwhile? May be if something/another attraction is coming on the way back and forth? I wanted to visited that famous Mosque in Karachi but then I don't really intend to go around too much in this short time of 5 hours
The problem with Karachi is that things can change at a moment's notice. I've been there on vacations lots of times and seen it first hand. When things go wrong, the second thing missing is transport (first is police :P ), which poses incalculable problems for those without their own vehicle.

Anyways, if you're alone with no friends or relatives in Karachi, it's better to avoid sight-seeing. There's not much apart from the Mazaar and the sea (mostly packed with non-family friendly labours anyways).

@Aether

When you do visit the Quaid's mazar kindly pass on this msg:

" Thank You for dedicating your life for us.
We are not perfect, but much stronger than when you left.
May Allah shower his infinite mercies on you.
May Allah make your graves one of the most beautiful gardens of Jannah
May Allah give us the strength to make Pakistan what you envisioned.
May Allah forgive you, and us for our shortcomings.
We will always remember you, cherish your memories, miss you, and try and follow your teachings.
You indeed were a Great Quaid."
:(
Insha'Allah I will, if I can remember

Otherwise whatever say will also be in good spirit and May Allah forgive the sins of our Quaid and grant him the best of place in Jannat-ul-Firdous

As soon as you go out the airport go to the metro cab reception box. Book a taxi. You can call 111 222 787 to get the rates before hand. Make sure you explain to them that you will visit the mazaar and back to the airport in whatever amount of time you plan. The cost of getting into the mazaar is 20Rs, maybe its not 40Rs or 50Rs. Not more than that. Take a small bottle of water and some chips. I do not know what security issue you have in mind but there was never a problem on that route. Its safe as it is anywhere in Lahore inside the mazaar. Have been passing by it for the past few days due to some work. Its a pretty straight forward 30 min drive without traffic from the airport. 50mins+ in traffic.
So basically 111222787 from mobile phone will put me on customer service for Taxis?

I have Mobilink Sim card registered under my name, I hope it will be able to call on that number..

This is what I am gonnai do Insha'Allah...

Will book the taxi from the Airport so that I can get a reliable get driver... I think my luggage will be booked for Lahore so I would be empty handed anyway... I don't plan to carry too much luggage anyway so there is nothing to worry about it. All I will be doing is, rent a taxi as recommended by you and back from the Mazar.

Do you recommend anything else in the meanwhile? May be if something/another attraction is coming on the way back and forth? I wanted to visited that famous Mosque in Karachi but then I don't really intend to go around too much in this short time of 5 hours

Don't worry mate, my accent is clean

I was brought up in Pakistan and studied up to Class 7 before moving to UK.
Masjid e tooba is in defence phase 1 or you could say near kala pul. Nearby is ie 2 mnt eaton rolls they are quite famous with the family and every time go to sind take about 3 dizen rolls .
There is also majid e memon that is on same road ie shah rah e faisal . Its near motan das market I think . Both these mosques are worth seeing .

Masjid e tooba is in defence phase 1 or you could say near kala pul. Nearby is ie 2 mnt eaton rolls they are quite famous with the family and every time go to sind take about 3 dizen rolls .
There is also majid e memon that is on same road ie shah rah e faisal . Its near motan das market I think . Both these mosques are worth seeing .
I wanted to visit Masjid-e-Tooba.. haven't heard about other Mosques

So how far is it from Mazar-e-Quaid or Airport? any idea?

Edit: 5.4 km from Mazar-e-Quaid I believe?

Google Maps

This is what I am gonnai do Insha'Allah...

Will book the taxi from the Airport so that I can get a reliable get driver... I think my luggage will be booked for Lahore so I would be empty handed anyway... I don't plan to carry too much luggage anyway so there is nothing to worry about it. All I will be doing is, rent a taxi as recommended by you and back from the Mazar.

Don't worry mate, my accent is clean

I was brought up in Pakistan and studied up to Class 7 before moving to UK.

There is nothing i can remember on that route. You will have to double back and head towards 2 talwar and go see mohata palace and the sea side stuff. This all depends on the time you have. Just make sure your driver knows the time you have to check in to your next flight. If you get a good driver you should ask him where to get the best tikka at burns road. Also make sure to see how much better our traffic is without the fancy expensive roads and tell your friends about it.

I wanted to visit Masjid-e-Tooba.. haven't heard about other Mosques

So how far is it from Mazar-e-Quaid or Airport? any idea?

Edit: 5.4 km from Mazar-e-Quaid I believe?

Google Maps
From mazar about 15 at the most . Masjid e tooba was built by turkey I think . Its the largest single dome mosque in the world .
Memon masjid is quite famous as well , its an old mosque ' think the biggest in khi

From mazar about 15 at the most . Masjid e tooba was built by turkey I think . Its the largest single dome mosque in the world .
Memon masjid is quite famous as well , its an old mosque ' think the biggest in khi
You can easily visit masjid e tooba mazar and memon masjid

Insha'Allah I will, if I can remember

Otherwise whatever say will also be in good spirit and May Allah forgive the sins of our Quaid and grant him the best of place in Jannat-ul-Firdous

So basically 111222787 from mobile phone will put me on customer service for Taxis?

I have Mobilink Sim card registered under my name, I hope it will be able to call on that number..

Taxi are abundant at the airport. When you land you will dial 021 111 222 787 and try to get rates explaining what you need as best as you can while you wait for luggage. Its their toll free number from a land line. From a cell you will have to add the 021, if in lahore 042. After you have rechecked luggage then go out to their counter. Its close by. Ask the cops at the door to direct you.

There is nothing i can remember on that route. You will have to double back and head towards 2 talwar and go see mohata palace and the sea side stuff. This all depends on the time you have. Just make sure your driver knows the time you have to check in to your next flight. If you get a good driver you should ask him where to get the best tikka at burns road. Also make sure to see how much better our traffic is without the fancy expensive roads and tell your friends about it.
Yeah I would also consult with the driver to see what he has to say. I just counted, I have got 4940 rupees in my pocket. I could always exchange-pounds so money is not a big issue.

It looks like this to me:

7AM - Plane Landed
8:15AM leaves the terminal perhaps
08:30AM - Find a Taxi to Mazar-e-Quaid
09:30AM - Reach Mazar-e-Quaid

12:00PM - Masjid-e-Tooba?
12:30PM - Back towards the Airport
3PM: - Flight to Lahore

The plan for visiting Burns road for tikkay also looks mouth-watering as being a Punjabi, we love to eat lots of food :lol:

Taxi are abundant at the airport. When you land you will dial 021 111 222 787 and try to get rates explaining what you need as best as you can while you wait for luggage. Its their toll free number from a land line. From a cell you will have to add the 021, if in lahore 042. After you have rechecked luggage then go out to their counter. Its close by. Ask the cops at the door to direct you.
wonderful, it sounds easy...

I will definitely follow your advice forcetrip.

I will not be carrying any luggage as I am hoping to receive the luggage at Lahore Airport instead and I don't actually plan to carry too much luggage to Pakistan as I was there just few months ago. It is most likely that I will be empty handed in Karachi with passport in my pocket.

Aray Bhai, you don't need to call for a taxi. The minute you step out of the Arrival lounge you will see two kiosks. The one on the left is White Cab and the right is Metro Cab. Go up to them and tell them you need a cab for a few hours. Thats it!

I recently used both White & Metro. Both use corollas, but Metros were more worn out and the AC didn't work when stuck in traffic.

Aray Bhai, you don't need to call for a taxi. The minute you step out of the Arrival lounge you will see two kiosks. The one on the left is White Cab and the right is Metro Cab. Go up to them and tell them you need a cab for a few hours. Thats it!

I recently used both White & Metro. Both use corollas, but Metros were more worn out and the AC didn't work when stuck in traffic.
Insha'Allah white cab is the final in that case... :D

I don't mind any cab for as long as it takes me safely and brings back on time... It's good to have alternatives available so I am saving the number as well to ensure I am not being overcharged.

I think there wouldn't be any issue coming out of Karachi Airport as my flight is technically going to Lahore.. being a Pakistani, I think there shouldn't be any issue coming out of the airport for few hours but you never know for security reasons they might just ask me to stay inside... But I think it shouldn't be an issue.Insha'Allah

Back
Top Bottom