What's new

Help me (SUICIDAL)

My aunt and my bestie both died due to accident, i used to share everything with them. My friend died in bike accident this month.

Bad relationship and then I lost my soul friend in bike accident. He just got engaged.

What's your age?

Your depression is understandable. Well, in a way your friend was shaheed to have died in an accident. Why would you then want to do something that is haram? This is the month and these are the days of blessings. Seek blessings and solace with Allah SWT.

Relations could be mended. If the Person-A is unwilling and has no desire to continue their relationship with Person-B then, it is my opinion, that person-B should give Person-A and themselves some time and space. In the end, if it remains toxic, I think Person-B has not been in a relationship worth preserving to begin with. Continuing with it may only hurt more. But Person-B should not give up until all efforts have been exhausted.

Good friends cannot be replaced but never close your doors on friendships. You'll always find someone willing to listen and help. You just need to reach out.

@Men in Green Sir, life indeed is tough and name of a struggle.

Let me tell you of a family where both spouses had several conflicts over a span of some 25+ years. now just recently, I think their limit has reached and are at breaking point. It is such a dysfunct relationship but they have 3 kids so someway, they are still living under same roof. The husband has taken refuge and isolated himself in the last room of the house, the spouses don't talk and any interaction has to be done through kids. I know atleast one child of them wishing to tell them tp divorce but he barely can keep himself mum whenever his mom cries over the issues and complain.

Depression is normal... It is not something unusualy but rather a sign that the body and mind is going through severe stress. In this phase, all your thoughts are negative in nature and thus should not be given any importance.... Cause you are not thinking in the right and normal state of mind. And psychologists or therapists don't do anything much... they just help you realize this fact adn help you come out of this phase through different established methods.

Psychaitrists on the other hand help through balancing hormones and chemicals in brain. Serotinin, Dopamine etc. And me myself being a patient of depression can confirm medical therapy along with psychologist sessions help.

You just need to bear and endure for a while... The depressive episode end after a while. One just have to be strong for that short span of time. Remember, every cloud has a silver lining.

A good way to cope up with things is to talk, be it friends, family or strangers. You did good to reach out to people here and I hope you found some solace with the replies. Ofcourse it will be tough, but one has to be tough to survive in this world.

As lame and cringy as it sounds, do go out for walk when weather is suitable. And get in contact with psychiatrist asap. ALmost all major hospitals have them and you can check in on OPD days.

In the end, yea the issues and sorrow will remain, but you will realize that life is all about adapting and with time, you learn to carry yourself forward in life.

For immediate work, grasp onto anything you find helpful to keep you going, religion, hobbies, kid, work etc anything.

Visit this thread too. Many people are struggling and just know that you are not alone in fighting the sufferings. Let's get through whatever we are going through and pray things get better!

وَٱسْتَعِينُوا۟ بِٱلصَّبْرِ وَٱلصَّلَوٰةِ ۚ وَإِنَّهَا لَكَبِيرَةٌ إِلَّا عَلَى ٱلْخَـٰشِعِينَ
And seek help through patience and prayer; and indeed, it is difficult except for the humbly submissive [to Allah] 2:45

1620383399066.png

@Men in Green what you have gone through recently has been a traumatic experience. It is understandable that you don’t understand how to go on living life as if nothing has changed. Please seek professionals that can provide you with counseling to work through what you are feeling. They may also recommend you to start taking certain medications, to help you better handle this situation. Don’t think your in this alone. As you can see, there are many people here that are concerned about you. You are a part of a community. You matter.

Is your wife your cousin?
Is she working etc
Why doesn't she care?
I am sure you can get another wife
With a child she has no chance of another man....if you are in Pakistan
Play her at her own game
Sir ,I know you ment no harm and want to help him,but this sort of advice will harm him more.
Please understand the person is depressed and had gone to the edge ,it's best left to the professionals to handle the situation.

I shared my thoughts with my wife , just like you she said if you want to end your life just do it. She thinks iam just making excuses or trying to get her attention but only God knows i am suffering hard.
And you made it worse.
Get medical treatment immediately and secondly stay away from your wife for a few days please. Sometimes life partners get irritated from each other and do need a little space. Get help from a psychiatrist and avoid your wife like a plague for a few days (to be brutally honest). Your life is not for her but for your son. Orphans do have a very very difficult childhood, they miss their father all their life. And Please get help from Quran and Namaz bcz as Allah says in Quran that "Verily In the remeberance of Allah do hearts find rest".

لَا حَوْلَ وَلَا قُوَّةَ إِلَّا بِالله

La hawla wala quwwata illa billah

“It is a cure for ninety nine illnesses, the lightest being: depression/anxiety”

(Hakim; Targheeb 2/444)

zikr2.jpg

@Men in Green

Bro recite

لَا حَوْلَ وَلَا قُوَّةَ إِلَّا بِالله at least 100 times daily
Also ya salamo 100 times daily

Inshallah within days you will going to feel difference

Sir ,I know you ment no harm and want to help him,but this sort of advice will harm him more.
Please understand the person is depressed and had gone to the edge ,it's best left to the professionals to handle the situation.
My intention was good. But I will delete my post. Thanks brother

Take some time off your normal routine. Go to Northern Areas, get some fresh air, and when you are back, consult a psychiatrist.

From couple of weeks i am having suicidal thoughts. Only thing which is holding me back is my 4 year old son. I don't think it will hold me any longer.

Today it got worst.
I just want my suffering to end.
People, objects and circumstances have effect on us. Sometimes they cheer us while other times tear us. Worrying about people and objects or circumstances that cannot be controlled simply needs not to be worried about. Why should we be worried if it is raining and we don`t like rain? Will our tantrum stop clouds? We need to realize and remember 1 thing: we should only worry about things that are in our control. For example, our behaviour, our response and our thoughts. We are only in control of ourselves. Therefore, we should have control over our minds instead of letting our minds have control over us. Otherwise it will flood us with thoughts. It is a CPU meant to be under command. Don`t let it wander. We should have an antivirus (our sane response) to stop viruses ( uncontrollable external factors) from hacking it. This is how we can be in control of ourselves.

Now, every worry has a reason. Try to find out if it is in your control and act accordingly. If it is people, talk to them, let them know what is happening and how it is affecting you. If they don`t seem to be cooperating, avoid them. There are toxic people that needs to be screened out of our lives. If it is objects, can you move it without ruining somebody`s else mood? If it is circumstances induced by location, change your location. Or else, wait for it, it shall pass.

Last edited:
Allah apke dukh kam kre. Bad times will pass like the good times did. Try to hang in there.

From couple of weeks i am having suicidal thoughts. Only thing which is holding me back is my 4 year old son. I don't think it will hold me any longer.

Today it got worst.
bru...

piece of advise - lost a few friends to suicide - first - do you have any ptsd or trauma? Get the underlying cause sorted out.

Next - find a hobby. You have son. take him fishing - he will love it and you will too.

On a clear night, sit out with him. look at the stars and see what our Lord and maker says to us.

Pick up Khalil Gibran - you may find the answers there not in any holy text; that is what my late soul mate Jamal told me. Gibran and Iqbal became my companions.

If nothing works, then seek professional cousel.

Remember - God loves you; focus on small thing in life. then appreciate it.
- The impact on your parents will destroy them; think of your son too.

Man, you are too far, I would have asked you to come here to Magaliesburg. We do a lot of work with such cases including drugs. Started also by my late friend. If you have something like this there, reach out.

Today it got worst.

Its not just about you but your kid whose gonna rely on you his whole life. Get mental help if you feel it helps but for mer personally working out and exercising gets rid of a lot of pressure. A lot of this starts from self care and self esteem. Someone who has strong confidence levels would never consider taking their own life. Also remember life is only Gods to give and Gods to take. Start going to the gym and remember BE STRONGMINDED AND LOVE YOURSELF FIRST.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom