What's new

Help- Computer experts needed (overclocking my GPU on my laptop)

Koovie

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Hi,

I want to overclock my laptop to achieve the max FPS value while gaming.

I want to use MSI afterburner to overclock my GPU.

My question: Is it safe to do it? Will there be any long term effects etc????

My specs:

Intel Core i7-3632QM (2.2 GHz, up to 3.2 with Turbo boost)
NVIDEA GeForce GT 630M with 2GB memory
8 GB DDR3 memory
750 GB HDD
Windows 8 64bits

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you can do it , although your gpu seems to have loads of memory that doesn't necessarily mean it has a powerful processor , but if your laptop isn't dell i'm sure you can do it.

you're kidding me right ?
you already have NVIDEA GeForce GT 630M with 2GB memory why the heck you want to overclock your GPU ?

Why you wanna play battlefield 3 , battlefield 3 maps are similar to call of duty 2 , try black ops and you wont notice the difference!

M stands for mobility , another word for "integrated" , lol , don't do it !

Oh, you are like my friends.... they are telling me that my laptop could overheat and get damaged.... :fie:

But I ve seen videos of people doing it with the same GPU

Why you wanna play battlefield 3 , battlefield 3 maps are similar to call of duty 2 , try black ops and you wont notice the difference!

I dont play Call of Duty.... I would miss the tanks, jets, APCs, jeeps, the different classes, the giant maps and there are no 14 years old american kids on BF 3 MP maps.

Oh, you are like my friends.... they are telling me that my laptop could overheat and get damaged.... :fie:

well , there's this site overclock.net where you can ask them , but they won't help you , but you might find your gpu there and ALL the parameters you might need !? anyhow good luck , there's a reason your gpu has 2 gb of memory , because it's integrated and its memory is probably ddr3 like the rest of your laptop

Dude just get cooling pads but good 1. Will cost you around 1500 to 2000. That will do. If you dont use it your gpu wil blast after hanging 4 5 times. Personal exprnc

630 M is the newer architecture and runs cool...
You can overclock.....but keep monitoring the GPU temperature...
70' c is fine but beyond that its risky....
You will be better off setting a shut down temperature in your bios setting...for GPU-
If GPU goes beyond that temperature....lappy shuts down ...

Next time i'm gonna build my gaming PC I will use an i3 , no ssd's and of course a powerful gpu!

Dude just get cooling pads but good 1. Will cost you around 1500 to 2000. That will do. If you dont use it your gpu wil blast after hanging 4 5 times. Personal exprnc

My cousin brother lost his laptop while playing Call of Duty in June last year when it was extremely hot outside. He closed his laptop when he left to eat lunch and when he opened it again after a while, the screen was split in half......

Thats why I am kinda worried about my plans :D

i suggest you don't do it !
just use razor game booster and riva tunner "D3DOverrider" that will help you

Thanks for the tip, downloading it right now ^^

Back
Top Bottom