What's new

Are 72° Celsius CPU temperature too hot for my laptop???

I'm sure thermal paste is widely available in any standard computer store locally but use it only carefully if laptop is older than 12-14 months otherwise not needed. My laptop dell is 3 years old and I am having problems with shut downs every couple of hours I know the problem is cleaning the fan + dell flawed design + poor integrated graphics by intel bought it in 2010 but I am not going to throw it away after using the thermal paste I am hoping the heat generated would come down to 55% still fine for an old laptop:frown: spent $930 it turned out to be worst laptop in my personal inventory its a miracle it dragged almost 3 years.

I bought Dell 1545 core 2 duo in 2009. Had the worst with this brand

@ OP. Becareful with your heating issues it would burn your circuit board components in extreme cases. I face this extreme situation. Was playing Need for speed on dell lappy once,,, laptop was lying on bed and lot of heat generated which i didn't noticed and my Hard disk crashed. Bad sector appeared on it and I had to replace the whole HDD afterwards

I bought Dell 1545 core 2 duo in 2009. Had the worst with this brand

I have a good record of buying good products but don't know this time around I found Dell Studio 1558 to be good on paper didn't bother to even read reviews except for general review and it turned out to be flawed designed laptop both by Dell and Intel and non of them gave any option of return to refund or recalls. I am glad personally Dell company is in bad shape and that is they invested less in innovation in design and engineering unlike apple fans who are blind I do criticize and I'm switching next year to Thinkpad hybrid for laptop/tablet and for desktop AIO Asus if they bring out something as good as imac or dell xps one 27 [the only good product].

Throw your laptops in trash cans and build better desktop PCs :)
I've experienced that new Intel i7 processors are doing fine even with stock coolers.

Another question:

I ve found out that my laptop uses 2 graphics cards (NVidea GT 630M and a Intel HD Graphics 4000)

How can I make sure that my laptop only uses the Nvidea card??????????

Another question:

I ve found out that my laptop uses 2 graphics cards (NVidea GT 630M and a Intel HD Graphics 4000)

How can I make sure that my laptop only uses the Nvidea card??????????

The integrated nvidia card automatically kick in when a demanding app runs. Onboard Intel card will run during normal operating conditions and at idle. This saves power and keeps the laptop relatively cooler. By toggling Power modes (right click battery tray icon), you can change it iirc. Balanced mode is better for normal operations, Power Saver mode may use onboard card, High performance mode keeps the integrated card ON for full time. Since you are using a game booster, it will bring the nvidia card till you exit the boost mode. Keeping it at balanced power mode will bring the nvidia card when it's necessary. Some laptop has physical switch for this. For the Temps part, 70 deg temp at full load is fine, not great but safe I guess. Use gpu-z tool for measuring temps, fan speed etc. Run the game for some time then exit and run gpu-z also keep the lap on idle for sometime then check the temps again. Also ensure that the lap getting adequate airflow while running.
Download TechPowerUp GPU-Z v0.6.9 | techPowerUp

I recently noticed that the CPU temperature of my Acer laptop goes up to 72 ° Celsius while playing, is that still in the safe area????

Any ideas?

PS: I have got an I7-3632QM 2.2 GHz quad core processor.

use cooling pads

knPdX.jpg

culprit.

does the laptop slow up while the temperature hits 72c?
if it does not i would not be worried,but make sure it does not ever go above 80c,
also try to use cooling pads,did you try temperatures in the bios?these softwares are sometimes wrong.

Back
Top Bottom