What's new

Are 72° Celsius CPU temperature too hot for my laptop???

Koovie

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
I recently noticed that the CPU temperature of my Acer laptop goes up to 72 ° Celsius while playing, is that still in the safe area????

Any ideas?

PS: I have got an I7-3632QM 2.2 GHz quad core processor.

72 degree is sure hot . Normally desktops turn off if the core temperature exceeds at 80 or 90. Because once i was cleaning my desktop and didnt connect the CPU fan correctly so just after 1 min my pc turned off as a safety precaution.

And did you u know that BSOD can also occur due to overheating.

May be something is blocking the airflow in your laptop.

Depends on the load. Your idle temp on laptops should be between 40-50. load varies from 50-70max. anything over 70- needs to be cleaned first then checked for fan power and if still not at an agreeable temp change in cooling paste of the chip.

im trying to delete this post as i posted here by mistake.Can someone guide me thru? Do u think this info deserves its own thread?

I recently noticed that the CPU temperature of my Acer laptop goes up to 72 ° Celsius while playing, is that still in the safe area???? Any ideas?

I would suppose this is a relatively new laptop? if it is then check the air flow the fan area. Other than that nothing that can be done the last bad news would be flaw in design Or bad graphics card/integrated one either. Thermal paste could only be required if laptop is older than 12-14 months to lower the temps. So I find the culprit to be flawed design or something with-in mother board [graphics].

im trying to delete this post as i posted here by mistake.Can someone guide me thru? Do u think this info deserves its own thread?

Click Edit under your post from there Delete.

Anyhow, if your'e looking to clean your laptop, make sure you use a can of compressed air instead of a vacuum cleaner.

@Luftwaffe is right. Graphic Cards are the real power hogs they no doubt are powerful but they also generate a lot of heat. Check with dealer from you purchased it . Because this constant heat will be a trouble for your system and you will see that your laptop will become slower and slower.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure it is a bad thing for laptops but a bad one for our man hoods and might contribute to shooting blanks later. :sniper: Just need to watch out and place a pillow on the lap and rest the laptops on it and work instead of resting it directly on your body.

He was playing games,so chances are slim he was keeping it in his lap.

Anyhow, if your'e looking to clean your laptop, make sure you use a can of compressed air instead of a vacuum cleaner.

My cousin sis once did it,lost a loose key in the keyborad!

I recently noticed that the CPU temperature of my Acer laptop goes up to 72 ° Celsius while playing, is that still in the safe area????

Any ideas?

If your laptop is more than a year old then you should try the thermal compound paste below

Amazon.com: Arctic Silver 5 Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound Paste 3.5g: Computers & Accessories

It can sometimes work wonders esp if cooling assembly is not that good. Pretty cheap so its worth a try.

If your laptop is more than a year old then you should try the thermal compound paste below

It can sometimes work wonders esp if cooling assembly is not that good. Pretty cheap so its worth a try.

I'm sure thermal paste is widely available in any standard computer store locally but use it only carefully if laptop is older than 12-14 months otherwise not needed. My laptop dell is 3 years old and I am having problems with shut downs every couple of hours I know the problem is cleaning the fan + dell flawed design + poor integrated graphics by intel bought it in 2010 but I am not going to throw it away after using the thermal paste I am hoping the heat generated would come down to 55% still fine for an old laptop:frown: spent $930 it turned out to be worst laptop in my personal inventory its a miracle it dragged almost 3 years.

Your laptop still working 72 its damn got for laptops... Dont cross 70 i will say. Have some personal experience in this matter... Laptops are not menu for games

Any ideas?

It can still go around 90+. But it is better to keep it down to 70 . But its OK.

As far as graphic card is concern it can go above 110 C .

Back
Top Bottom