What's new

Here’s How You Can Build a 1080p Gaming Rig for Under Rs. 60,000 [Guide

SherDil

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
New to gaming? Or are you just looking to see what its all about and decided to buy a gaming PC?

We at ProPakistani are here to help you out build your very own gaming rig that lets you game on Full HD graphics quality (1080p).

The PC we’re going to build would cost you Rs. 60,000 (with brand new parts) and can run all current games at 1080p resolution on high graphics.

There are a few reasons for going for new parts for everything:

1. Everything is under warranty and can be replaced if it stops working.
  2. Everything is in factory new condition with no screws/parts missing or dented.
  3. All parts are easy to find and can be bought/ordered online.
It’s hard to decide on your first PC especially if you have no idea how to build one.

I will list my recommendation at the end of every single component you need to build a gaming PC under a budget. These are the cheapest prices online but if you find a better a better deal, please let me know in the comments below.

You typically need 7 basic things in order. Here they are:

1.Power Supply Unit/PSU
You need a good PSU to get started. This alone is very important because we live in Pakistan with a constant fear of a power outage. You should ideally get a PSU with overvoltage/undervoltage protection and resilience against power loss. Another thing you should be wary of is power usage of your PC.

Always get a PSU which has a higher power rating than the overall sum of what the components use (The CPU and the Graphics Card use most of it).

This is because the PSU never outputs 100% of its listed power. A 500W supply will at most get you 450W of power for example.

PSU Recommendation: Thermaltake Litepower Series 550W (Rs. 4,500)

Thermaltake-Litepower-PSU-e1481702677405.jpg

Thermaltake’s Litepower series is one of the most reliable ones in a budget. It offers protection against all of the problems I mentioned earlier and it should provide enough juice to allow upgrade-ability in the future as well.

I also happen to use one of these in my own PC which has faced numerous under voltage/power outage situations with nothing getting burnt/short circuited or damaged thus far.

This PSU is available for Rs. 4,500 at Galaxy Computers online.

2. Motherboard
A good PSU complements the motherboard and vice versa. You should try to get a motherboard which has the least chance of failing and offers all the required slots you need. If it lacks a PCI-E x16 slot for example, you can say goodbye to buying a graphics card for your PC.

Make sure you buy a motherboard which is compatible with all of the other essential parts as well.

On a budget you can go for an ASUS/Gigabyte motherboard. They’re cheap and reliable. Upgrading in the future should also be factored in when buying a motherboard.

Motherboard Recommendation: Gigabyte H110M-DS2 (Rs. 6,500)

Gigabyte-H110M-DS2-e1481703674748.png

This motherboard has all the right slots you require for building a gaming PC. You can upgrade your RAM or processor later on when you can afford thanks to an additional RAM slot and support for 6th Gen Intel Core i series (i3, i5 and i7).

This motherboard is available on CZone for Rs. 6,400 but is currently out of stock. It is also available on Galaxy computers for Rs. 6,500.

3. Processor
The central core of your PC. Your PC needs to have the processing power to be able to multitask through your daily usage while being able to provide a somewhat good gaming experience.

Due to this reason you can safely go for a Core i3 processor without missing out on the fun (You’re on a budget remember?). Plus your motherboard can actually support a Core i7 as well so you can upgrade later on if you need to.

Processor Recommendation: 6th Gen Intel Core i3-6098P (Rs. 13,000)

Intel-Core-i3-6098-300x300.jpg

Even though its a Core i3, it should be enough for you at the moment. This is because games mostly require a good graphics card to perform well and are not very CPU dependent.

This processor also features “hyper-threading” technology. This allows the processor to emulate more virtual cores to perform tasks more efficiently compared to a non hyper-threading ready processor. In essence this processor should perform better than a 2 core processor.

It is available on Galaxy computers for Rs. 13,500 and on CZone for Rs. 13,000. You can also go for the i3-6100 (slightly better) which costs Rs. 14,000 online but can be found for cheaper in physical shops.

4. RAM
Currently 6th Gen Intel processors require DDR4 RAM. DDR can be crudely defined to be a speed standard in RAM. DDR2 is faster than DDR, DDR3 is faster than DDR2 and so on.

Previous generations of Intel processors supported DDR3 RAM while starting with the current 6th Gen processors, they now support DDR4.

Higher amount of RAM does not make your PC faster. Its essentially the bus speed of the RAM that makes it faster. For running games released this year you will require RAM capacity of no more than 8 GB.

RAM Recommendation: Kingston value RAM 8GB DDR4 (Rs. 5,800)
Kingston-ValueRAM-300x201.jpg

Kingston and Corsair are the biggest RAM makers around, at least on consumer level. Currently the Corsair 8 GB DDR4 RAM module is out of stock with only the Kingston being available.

The motherboard recommended earlier has 2 RAM slots. You can double your RAM if you think its not enough in the long run.

This RAM stick is available on Galaxy computers for Rs. 5,800.

5. Storage (Hard Disk Drive/Solid State Hybrid Drive)
This is also one of the most important components of your PC. Always go for a reputed Hard Disk Drive (HDD) maker like Western Digital or Seagate when buying one. That said, everyone has different amounts of storage they need. Some are content with a mere 500 GB HDD while others require 2-3 TBs (Terabytes) of space.

An HDD with a higher RPM is faster than a lower RPM HDD. Go for a 7200 RPM HDD if you can. A solid state hybrid drive (SSHD) has a small SSD in addition to its original capacity. This flash memory (SSD) stores programs which are frequently run by the user. This allows the SSHD to load up Windows or your favorite games faster than a regular one.

This makes the SSHDs expensive as well. For now you should be fine with a regular HDD, which will get the job done in a budget.

Storage Recommendation: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HDD (Rs. 5,600)

Seagate-Barracuda-1-TB.jpg

This HDD offers a middle ground for storage enthusiasts and frugal (in terms of storage) users. This is a very basic hard drive and is the cheapest one available right now. You can go for an SSHD in the future if you need to, they use the same SATA cables/slots as regular HDDs.

This HDD is available on Galaxy computers for Rs. 5,800 and on CZone for Rs. 5,600

6. Graphics card
The star of the show and the component that will do the heavy lifting for games. Graphics cards have been getting cheaper these days with the big ones like the GTX 1060 dropping from Rs. 42,000 to Rs. 35,000 in price. I don’t really need to remind you that we are on a budget here.

You should make sure your PSU and your motherboard are both compatible with your graphics card. Your PSU should have enough power to run the card while the motherboard should have PCI-E x16 slot (preferrably 3.0).

The key is to get the perfect card which offers the best performance for the lowest amount of money.

Graphics Card Recommendation: Gigabyte GTX 1050Ti (Rs. 19,500)

Gigabyte-GTX-1050ti.jpg

This is the best card available for the lowest price in the market right now. If you want better performance to the tune of 30-35%, you can go for AMD’s RX 470 which costs higher at Rs. 26,000. However, on a budget, you cannot go wrong with this card as it does not use a lot of power and has two fans for heat dissipation.

Heat is the main reason graphic cards stop working and having a good cooling solution for the graphics card means you are essentially future proofing your rig.

You can read an in depth review on the GTX 1050ti here.

This card is available on Galaxy computers for Rs. 19,500.

7. Casing
Last but by no means the least is the casing. The casing is the outer cover for your PC and is also an important part which is often ignored by gamers and PC builders. You need to have a casing that has good ventilation and has good dust filters installed near the fans. This is to avoid dust collection inside your PC to make sure it doesn’t damage the components inside.

Dust collecting on the fans (CPU, graphics card fans) inside the PC will eventually lead to slower RPM and more heat. Heat damages components, especially your graphics card which is the backbone of your gaming PC.

Some people care about the looks of their PC and a flashy casing can impress non-gamers too.

Casing Recommendation: Cooler Master K380 Mid Tower (Rs. 5,100)

Cooler-Master-K380-Mid-Tower.jpg

This casing not only looks cool, it has plenty of space to accommodate the biggest graphics cards around (AMD’s HD 7990 for example). It can support 4 fans and has a vent at the front and the back. Overall it has good ventilation and build quality to go with it.

This casing is available on CZone for Rs. 5,100

Do you have better recommendations for building a gaming PC? Let us know in the comments below.

Image Source: AVADirect

Via: https://propakistani.pk/2016/12/15/...-guide/?utm_source=all_users&utm_medium=notif

Hm not a bad build but not too good either i doubt it will get stable 60fps with high settings @1080p instead of H110 go for H170 or B150 and processor if you really want 1080p gaming at high settings than at least get an I5 and RAM srsly? they're dirt cheap these days get an Hyperx or Corsair vengeance and on GPU i would say go for an Asus or MSI gaming x version but still Gibabyte ain't a bad choice. I'm building a PC too and damn it's so much fun!! one more thing you don't need a freaking 550W psu for i5 and 1050ti get a 450W
I am fine with Xbox one. New Xbox one S is also also launched with more power and also much slim. Gone are days for gaming PC.
No S is not powerful it just improves performance like 5% check Digital foundry's analysis on it and i used to think like you too but no PC gaming is still there and will always be that 30fps with severe drops really gets annoying after sometime.

New to gaming? Or are you just looking to see what its all about and decided to buy a gaming PC?

We at ProPakistani are here to help you out build your very own gaming rig that lets you game on Full HD graphics quality (1080p).

The PC we’re going to build would cost you Rs. 60,000 (with brand new parts) and can run all current games at 1080p resolution on high graphics.

There are a few reasons for going for new parts for everything:

1. Everything is under warranty and can be replaced if it stops working.
  2. Everything is in factory new condition with no screws/parts missing or dented.
  3. All parts are easy to find and can be bought/ordered online.
It’s hard to decide on your first PC especially if you have no idea how to build one.

I will list my recommendation at the end of every single component you need to build a gaming PC under a budget. These are the cheapest prices online but if you find a better a better deal, please let me know in the comments below.

You typically need 7 basic things in order. Here they are:

1.Power Supply Unit/PSU
You need a good PSU to get started. This alone is very important because we live in Pakistan with a constant fear of a power outage. You should ideally get a PSU with overvoltage/undervoltage protection and resilience against power loss. Another thing you should be wary of is power usage of your PC.

Always get a PSU which has a higher power rating than the overall sum of what the components use (The CPU and the Graphics Card use most of it).

This is because the PSU never outputs 100% of its listed power. A 500W supply will at most get you 450W of power for example.

PSU Recommendation: Thermaltake Litepower Series 550W (Rs. 4,500)

Thermaltake-Litepower-PSU-e1481702677405.jpg

Thermaltake’s Litepower series is one of the most reliable ones in a budget. It offers protection against all of the problems I mentioned earlier and it should provide enough juice to allow upgrade-ability in the future as well.

I also happen to use one of these in my own PC which has faced numerous under voltage/power outage situations with nothing getting burnt/short circuited or damaged thus far.

This PSU is available for Rs. 4,500 at Galaxy Computers online.

2. Motherboard
A good PSU complements the motherboard and vice versa. You should try to get a motherboard which has the least chance of failing and offers all the required slots you need. If it lacks a PCI-E x16 slot for example, you can say goodbye to buying a graphics card for your PC.

Make sure you buy a motherboard which is compatible with all of the other essential parts as well.

On a budget you can go for an ASUS/Gigabyte motherboard. They’re cheap and reliable. Upgrading in the future should also be factored in when buying a motherboard.

Motherboard Recommendation: Gigabyte H110M-DS2 (Rs. 6,500)

Gigabyte-H110M-DS2-e1481703674748.png

This motherboard has all the right slots you require for building a gaming PC. You can upgrade your RAM or processor later on when you can afford thanks to an additional RAM slot and support for 6th Gen Intel Core i series (i3, i5 and i7).

This motherboard is available on CZone for Rs. 6,400 but is currently out of stock. It is also available on Galaxy computers for Rs. 6,500.

3. Processor
The central core of your PC. Your PC needs to have the processing power to be able to multitask through your daily usage while being able to provide a somewhat good gaming experience.

Due to this reason you can safely go for a Core i3 processor without missing out on the fun (You’re on a budget remember?). Plus your motherboard can actually support a Core i7 as well so you can upgrade later on if you need to.

Processor Recommendation: 6th Gen Intel Core i3-6098P (Rs. 13,000)

Intel-Core-i3-6098-300x300.jpg

Even though its a Core i3, it should be enough for you at the moment. This is because games mostly require a good graphics card to perform well and are not very CPU dependent.

This processor also features “hyper-threading” technology. This allows the processor to emulate more virtual cores to perform tasks more efficiently compared to a non hyper-threading ready processor. In essence this processor should perform better than a 2 core processor.

It is available on Galaxy computers for Rs. 13,500 and on CZone for Rs. 13,000. You can also go for the i3-6100 (slightly better) which costs Rs. 14,000 online but can be found for cheaper in physical shops.

4. RAM
Currently 6th Gen Intel processors require DDR4 RAM. DDR can be crudely defined to be a speed standard in RAM. DDR2 is faster than DDR, DDR3 is faster than DDR2 and so on.

Previous generations of Intel processors supported DDR3 RAM while starting with the current 6th Gen processors, they now support DDR4.

Higher amount of RAM does not make your PC faster. Its essentially the bus speed of the RAM that makes it faster. For running games released this year you will require RAM capacity of no more than 8 GB.

RAM Recommendation: Kingston value RAM 8GB DDR4 (Rs. 5,800)
Kingston-ValueRAM-300x201.jpg

Kingston and Corsair are the biggest RAM makers around, at least on consumer level. Currently the Corsair 8 GB DDR4 RAM module is out of stock with only the Kingston being available.

The motherboard recommended earlier has 2 RAM slots. You can double your RAM if you think its not enough in the long run.

This RAM stick is available on Galaxy computers for Rs. 5,800.

5. Storage (Hard Disk Drive/Solid State Hybrid Drive)
This is also one of the most important components of your PC. Always go for a reputed Hard Disk Drive (HDD) maker like Western Digital or Seagate when buying one. That said, everyone has different amounts of storage they need. Some are content with a mere 500 GB HDD while others require 2-3 TBs (Terabytes) of space.

An HDD with a higher RPM is faster than a lower RPM HDD. Go for a 7200 RPM HDD if you can. A solid state hybrid drive (SSHD) has a small SSD in addition to its original capacity. This flash memory (SSD) stores programs which are frequently run by the user. This allows the SSHD to load up Windows or your favorite games faster than a regular one.

This makes the SSHDs expensive as well. For now you should be fine with a regular HDD, which will get the job done in a budget.

Storage Recommendation: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HDD (Rs. 5,600)

Seagate-Barracuda-1-TB.jpg

This HDD offers a middle ground for storage enthusiasts and frugal (in terms of storage) users. This is a very basic hard drive and is the cheapest one available right now. You can go for an SSHD in the future if you need to, they use the same SATA cables/slots as regular HDDs.

This HDD is available on Galaxy computers for Rs. 5,800 and on CZone for Rs. 5,600

6. Graphics card
The star of the show and the component that will do the heavy lifting for games. Graphics cards have been getting cheaper these days with the big ones like the GTX 1060 dropping from Rs. 42,000 to Rs. 35,000 in price. I don’t really need to remind you that we are on a budget here.

You should make sure your PSU and your motherboard are both compatible with your graphics card. Your PSU should have enough power to run the card while the motherboard should have PCI-E x16 slot (preferrably 3.0).

The key is to get the perfect card which offers the best performance for the lowest amount of money.

Graphics Card Recommendation: Gigabyte GTX 1050Ti (Rs. 19,500)

Gigabyte-GTX-1050ti.jpg

This is the best card available for the lowest price in the market right now. If you want better performance to the tune of 30-35%, you can go for AMD’s RX 470 which costs higher at Rs. 26,000. However, on a budget, you cannot go wrong with this card as it does not use a lot of power and has two fans for heat dissipation.

Heat is the main reason graphic cards stop working and having a good cooling solution for the graphics card means you are essentially future proofing your rig.

You can read an in depth review on the GTX 1050ti here.

This card is available on Galaxy computers for Rs. 19,500.

7. Casing
Last but by no means the least is the casing. The casing is the outer cover for your PC and is also an important part which is often ignored by gamers and PC builders. You need to have a casing that has good ventilation and has good dust filters installed near the fans. This is to avoid dust collection inside your PC to make sure it doesn’t damage the components inside.

Dust collecting on the fans (CPU, graphics card fans) inside the PC will eventually lead to slower RPM and more heat. Heat damages components, especially your graphics card which is the backbone of your gaming PC.

Some people care about the looks of their PC and a flashy casing can impress non-gamers too.

Casing Recommendation: Cooler Master K380 Mid Tower (Rs. 5,100)

Cooler-Master-K380-Mid-Tower.jpg

This casing not only looks cool, it has plenty of space to accommodate the biggest graphics cards around (AMD’s HD 7990 for example). It can support 4 fans and has a vent at the front and the back. Overall it has good ventilation and build quality to go with it.

This casing is available on CZone for Rs. 5,100

Do you have better recommendations for building a gaming PC? Let us know in the comments below.

Image Source: AVADirect

Via: https://propakistani.pk/2016/12/15/...-guide/?utm_source=all_users&utm_medium=notif
If you are looking for cheap you can go way more cheap and just go
gtx 1060 and core old series
but if you wanna spend and save up for future toI because if you do your way in long run you spend more money
If I was at your place system will be like
I5 6600k around 200£
Z170 series board 99 - 130 £
Vengeance ram 16 gb 100£
Gtx 1060 6gb/ 1070 250- 400£
Crossair Rx power supply 600w 80£
ATX supporting case 40£
Cooler Master liquid cooler 50£
Ssd 240 /480. Gb. 48/ 95 £

Cheap system will stay with for far long time and these components are far more reliable

Hm not a bad build but not too good either i doubt it will get stable 60fps with high settings @1080p instead of H110 go for H170 or B150 and processor if you really want 1080p gaming at high settings than at least get an I5 and RAM srsly? they're dirt cheap these days get an Hyperx or Corsair vengeance and on GPU i would say go for an Asus or MSI gaming x version but still Gibabyte ain't a bad choice. I'm building a PC too and damn it's so much fun!! one more thing you don't need a freaking 550W psu for i5 and 1050ti get a 450W

No S is not powerful it just improves performance like 5% check Digital foundry's analysis on it and i used to think like you too but no PC gaming is still there and will always be that 30fps with severe drops really gets annoying after sometime.
Would have been better if he chose 1060 with 4 gb / 6 gb

Last edited:
Case- Well it's really your choice in the end if NZXT, Corsair, Thermaltake, Phanteks these are all good choices
(my personal fav is NZXT S340) or you can find much more cheaper one's too just make sure they've good airflow, good cable management (this is really really important) and make sure they're the size of your mobo get an ATX if you're getting an ATX Mobo for example.

MOBO- Either Asus B150 PRO GAMING or Asus H170-PRO

CPU- I3 6100 RS14,000 and if you're really tight on budget than get this processor and you can and should upgrade to an i5 or an i7.

GPU- Gigabyte 1060 3GB- 26,500 darthvader price difference is not much get a 1060 will run games at very-high to ultra @1080p stable 60 fps for the next 3-4 years at least i would recommend either a MSI gaming X 6gb version or a Strix version.

HDD- Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA HARD DRIVE BLUE- RS5800

Case- Corsair Vengeance® LPX 8GB RS6200 but get a 2133mhz because first price will go down a few Rs and only Z170's supports RAM speeds above 2133mhz so no point in getting a 3000MHZ ;)

PSU- Corsair VS 450 WATT POWER SUPPLY- RS4300

Total- 68k that is excluding the case so if you add case it won't go above 75k it's a much better build than the suggested one in article and is gonna last much longer too! and 1 very important thing before you buy anything locally always always search these items on Amazon.com and Amazon.UK and always buy directly from Amazon not marketplace sellers it's much safer that way i.e is if you buy from there. :)
If you are looking for cheap you can go way more cheap and just go with this but if you wanna spend and save up for future toI because if you do your way in long run you spend more money
If I was at your place system will be like
I5 6600k around 200£
Z170 series board 99 - 130 £
Vengeance ram 16 gb 100£
Gtx 1060 6gb/ 1070 250- 400£
Crossair Rx power supply 600w 80£
ATX supporting case 40£
Cooler Master liquid cooler 50£
Ssd 240 /480. Gb. 48/ 95 £

Cheap system will stay with for far long time and these components are far more reliable

Would have been better if he chose 1060 with 4 gb / 6 gb
Yes but that will push the budget too and i think that an i3 can bottle neck 1060 in some games but still it is worth those 4k rs.

Case- Well it's really your choice in the end if NZXT, Corsair, Thermaltake, Phanteks these are all good choices
(my personal fav is NZXT S340) or you can find much more cheaper one's too just make sure they've good airflow, good cable management (this is really really important) and make sure they're the size of your mobo get an ATX if you're getting an ATX Mobo for example.

MOBO- Either Asus B150 PRO GAMING or Asus H170-PRO

CPU- I3 6100 RS14,000 and if you're really tight on budget than get this processor and you can and should upgrade to an i5 or an i7.

GPU- Gigabyte 1060 3GB- 26,500 darthvader price difference is not much get a 1060 will run games at very-high to ultra @1080p stable 60 fps for the next 3-4 years at least i would recommend either a MSI gaming X 6gb version or a Strix version.

HDD- Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA HARD DRIVE BLUE- RS5800

Case- Corsair Vengeance® LPX 8GB RS6200 but get a 2133mhz because first price will go down a few Rs and only Z170's supports RAM speeds above 2133mhz so no point in getting a 3000MHZ ;)

PSU- Corsair VS 450 WATT POWER SUPPLY- RS4300

Total- 68k that is excluding the case so if you add case it won't go above 75k it's a much better build than the suggested one in article and is gonna last much longer too! and 1 very important thing before you buy anything locally always always search these items on Amazon.com and Amazon.UK and always buy directly from Amazon not marketplace sellers it's much safer that way i.e is if you buy from there. :)

Yes but that will push the budget too and i think that an i3 can bottle neck 1060 in some games but still it is worth those 4k rs.
I5 is best with latest generation just for gaming i7 will give you fewill extra fps
But problem with time 1050 / 1060 is not worth if you gone play in 4k and as 4k tv are already available at 500£ better option will be go for that one which supports it

I5 is best with latest generation just for gaming i7 will give you fewill extra fps
But problem with time 1050 / 1060 is not worth if you gone play in 4k and as 4k tv are already available at 500£ better option will be go for that one which supports it
Well 4k gaming is reaaaaaaally expensive in countries like Pakistan even in KSA so 1080p@60fps with very high to ultra settings is still what a lot of ppl will prefer today and with the build i gave you can upgrade to i5 that will give you another good 2-3 years of future proofing.

Well 4k gaming is reaaaaaaally expensive in countries like Pakistan even in KSA so 1080p@60fps with very high to ultra settings is still what a lot of ppl will prefer today and with the build i gave you can upgrade to i5 that will give you another good 2-3 years of future proofing.
2 3 years is a long time in tech time
Yes in Asia because 1060 is being charged at the same price of 1070

You don't need any help if you want to build a gaming rig in 60k or even 30k. Just go to https://pcpartpicker.com This site will even tell you which part is compitable with which part. Make a list & start shopping.

I am fine with Xbox one. New Xbox one S is also launched with more power and also much slim. Gone are days for gaming PC. :tdown:
Anyway, thanks for sharing tips
Shutup Peasant. #PCMASTERRACEFTW

/jk

When I first saw prices I thought why they are so high, then later I saw its for Pakistan.

When did I say we get any cheaper, I had no ill intent while posting that. Whole world outside USA its costly.
Then why the same old snarky comment "oh then i realized it's Pakistan" in the first place?

I thought, in India the prices of computer parts would be so low because of modi ji policies that you could get CPU in 30 rupees per gigahertz. No?

Then why the same old snarky comment "oh then i realized it's Pakistan" in the first place?

I thought, in India the prices of computer parts would be so low because of modi ji policies that you could get CPU in 30 rupees per gigahertz. No?
Whatever floats your boat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom