What's new

Hawaii Air Guard F-22s Deploy To The Middle East As Tensions With Russia Build

LOL, at the comparisons between the F-22 (a thing of beauty) and the SU-25 and SU-24. It's like comparing a Ford Mustang with a Lada Riva.

If the Americans along with their allies in the region want to counter Russian influence in Syria, I am afraid that Russia has few options to resist that. It all depends on the US administration and what they envision in Syria. If they don't prioritize Syria (that has not been the case until now) and if the current US administration continues its policy in Syria then Russia will play the main role for good and bad. BUT if the Americans decide otherwise there is nothing to do for Russia.

Putin won't blink with a few locks. Shoot down a Russian fighter to check the bears resolve. The only problem is it would escalate so quickly that there won't be anytime for 'sorries'.......

I myself can't with any degree of certainty assess the inner workings of Putin's mind........... however, if I were a betting man, I wouldn't be testing his craziness right now. Wrong timing. Very wrong timing. But this is where it gets interesting, someone out there, let's say the Israeli's and Saudi's will somehow convince maybe the Brits to back them in cornering Obama into making a stupid stupid decision, and I personally feel that obama will bite.

For now they have opted for controlled escalation hoping that Putin would blink.

They exist! :D

What in gods name these people have done to you ?

The funny thing is that if an F-22 was for real about shooting down a Russian aircraft the pilot wouldn't even know he was being painted. The APG-77 can operate in LPI/LPD modes, meaning it is extremely hard to detect the emissions from an F-22. The only alert that pilot would get is when he sees the AMRAAM seeker go active seconds from impact.

Lets hop off of the bullsht for a minute. A stealth vs non-stealth aircraft is about as unfair as it gets. Even more so if that stealth aircraft is supported and integrated with AWACS, other fighters, etc.

But this is all irrelevant anyway because either side isn't dumb enough to take the first shot. I highly doubt this will go any further than a few aircraft getting locked up by each other.

When big boys play........ it's never about performance of two insignificant machines, or Pamper A vs Pamper B, or which one leaks less etc etc............ try to read between the lines............. think of these insignificant comparisons as nothing more than euphemisms....... if you like blunt comparison of Russian weapons and US weapons, then you don't need to look too hard........

LOL, at the comparisons between the F-22 (a thing of beauty) and the SU-25 and SU-24. It's like comparing a Ford Mustang with a Lada Riva.

I'll drink to that.

But this is all irrelevant anyway because either side isn't dumb enough to take the first shot.

The funny thing is that if an F-22 was for real about shooting down a Russian aircraft the pilot wouldn't even know he was being painted. The APG-77 can operate in LPI/LPD modes, meaning it is extremely hard to detect the emissions from an F-22. The only alert that pilot would get is when he sees the AMRAAM seeker go active seconds from impact.

Lets hop off of the bullsht for a minute. A stealth vs non-stealth aircraft is about as unfair as it gets. Even more so if that stealth aircraft is supported and integrated with AWACS, other fighters, etc.

But this is all irrelevant anyway because either side isn't dumb enough to take the first shot. I highly doubt this will go any further than a few aircraft getting locked up by each other.

It will only get worse for opponents when the F-35 receives it's full Block 3F capability in 2017, and there produced in numbers. With assets like F-22's, F-35's, E-2D's, and unmanned vehicles the US will have information dominance over huge amounts of territory. That means we're likely to see our targets before they see us, which means we get first shot. That's a big problem for them.

It will only get worse for opponents when the F-35 receives it's full Block 3F capability in 2017, and there produced in numbers. With assets like F-22's, F-35's, E-2D's, and unmanned vehicles the US will have information dominance over huge amounts of territory. That means we're likely to see our targets before they see us, which means we get first shot. That's a big problem for them.
Yup. The US military of 2021 will be vastly different than the US military of 2015. By 2021 we will have something like 600 F-35s on top of the 186 F-22s.

Now look at the competition. Russia wants 50 PAK-FAs by 2020 (we'll see about that), and China will probably have 130 J-20s and J-31s in service by the same date.

Do the math, because with those numbers it wont matter who has the better plane.

I think Putin is not only out there for one-upmanshim-show, rather some allied blood for financial treachery against the bear......... moreover, others singing the F-22 ga-ga-goo-goo......... it's no game changer....... you need balls of steel to shoot at the Russians, which I firmly believe the Yanks lack. God forbid a UAE/Saudi fighter engages a Russian fighter, I'd love to see the consequences of that day....... and I bet, I'll be telling my grand kids that once upon a time there was a place called Arabia - and funny folks in a small country called United Arabs. :D

We indeed live in interesting times!
Same as we read in our books there was an empire known as persian empire .Arabs bring them down to their knees :D

Yup. The US military of 2021 will be vastly different than the US military of 2015. By 2021 we will have something like 600 F-35s on top of the 186 F-22s.

Now look at the competition. Russia wants 50 PAK-FAs by 2020 (we'll see about that), and China will probably have 130 J-20s and J-31s in service by the same date.

Do the math, because with those numbers it wont matter who has the better plane.

Once China is fully satisfied with the J-20 and J-31, China will mass produce it in significant numbers. Chinese industrial might is unmatched.

By 2020, US still has the numerical advantage, by 2025 that advantage is gone!

USA just needs to let it go, their ally isis won't survive even with america's jets.

The US needs to shed its image of a man with CD。:lol:

I'd give the US three loud cheers if it dares fire a single shot on the mighty and cuddly Bear。:enjoy:

Go ahead,don't make us wait too long。

Otherwise,shut the fcuk up。:wave:

A gaggle of F-22A Raptors belonging to the 199th Fighter Squadron, which is part of the 154th Wing of the Hawaiian Air National Guard, deployed to the Middle East yesterday. This comes as tensions are hot between the U.S. and Russia over Syria and as the F-22 seems to be in demand around the globe.

I am not sure but why was the -22's numbers reduced from 400+ to a final 187???? We need MORE -22's. The American theater of strategic interest is growing by the day, China, Russia, Syria, Eastern Europe, the Middle East.....we need more -22's!!!

The US needs to shed its image of a man with CD。:lol:

I'd give the US three loud cheers if it dares fire a single shot on the mighty and cuddly Bear。:enjoy:

Go ahead,don't make us wait too long。Otherwise,shut the fcuk up。:wave:

Why do we need to fire at anyone? We are not at war with the Russians. The Syrian government invited the Russians and that's totally cool. Just don't export Jihadis to the Western borders or to the allied nations. If the Russians want to be experts here, so be it.

And I'd love to see if China can fire a freaking 9MM Pistol's bullet at the US fleet that's starting Patrols within 12 MILES of your "Spratley Islands". Good luck with hiding any development there from us. Tell your generals to be quiet in their bed rooms, we might be recording those "conversations" from 12 miles away too, if you know what I mean :cheers: :rofl: :usflag:

I am not sure but why was the -22's numbers reduced from 400+ to a final 187???? We need MORE -22's. The American theater of strategic interest is growing by the day, China, Russia, Syria, Eastern Europe, the Middle East.....we need more -22's!!!

Why do we need to fire at anyone? We are not at war with the Russians. The Syrian government invited the Russians and that's totally cool. Just don't export Jihadis to the Western borders or to the allied nations. If the Russians want to be experts here, so be it.

And I'd love to see if China can fire a freaking 9MM Pistol's bullet at the US fleet that's starting Patrols within 12 MILES of your "Spratley Islands". Good luck with hiding any development there from us. Tell your generals to be quiet in their bed rooms, we might be recording those "conversations" from 12 miles away too, if you know what I mean :cheers: :rofl: :usflag:

Why would China need to fire at the US when it is up to the US to try to stop China's construction? The ball is in America's court. China is actively challenging and changing the status quo of American hegemony.

China will continue to construct in the SCS regardless of the US patrols within 12 miles.

Why would China need to fire at the US when it is up to the US to try to stop China's construction? The ball is in America's court. China is actively challenging and changing the status quo of American hegemony.

China will continue to construct in the SCS regardless of the US patrols within 12 miles.

We don't have to stop you from building anything. Its your house and the fact that we are forcefully and with total independence and will going to fly by and sail by your "claimed" land, should be shameful to you.

And when the time comes, taking out a REEF isn't a big deal, specially when we are maintaining 12 mile cover. Shiit, our ship's cannon can take out half the Reef from 12 miles away. No need to launch missiles. I hope the Reef was built on something solid as its an artificial piece of land built on rubble and sand. A couple of "unknown" Torpedo from the bottom can break the Reef :cheers:. So it'll be like an earthquake crack the way you see it in the movies. All the Jets and stuff parked above, will fall into the crack, swimming with the Sharks :enjoy:

We don't have to stop you from building anything. Its your house and the fact that we are forcefully and with total independence and will going to fly by and sail by your "claimed" land, should be shameful to you.

And when the time comes, taking out a REEF isn't a big deal, specially when we are maintaining 12 mile cover. Shiit, our ship's cannon can take out half the Reef from 12 miles away. No need to launch missiles. I hope the Reef was built on something solid as its an artificial piece of land built on rubble and sand. A couple of "unknown" Torpedo from the bottom can break the Reef :cheers:. So it'll be like an earthquake crack the way you see it in the movies. All the Jets and stuff parked above, will fall into the crack, swimming with the Sharks :enjoy:

Why isn't the US destroying the construction now?
China will continue to build, patrols won't change the construction activities.

Only way to stop China constructing is to bomb those constructions.

Let me know when the US military grows a set of balls to bomb the Chinese islands.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom