What's new

Have you ever been cheated by a shopkeeper ?

you're a female try screaming, he put the price down.

Usually women are better shoppers than men. They communicate better and are not easily swayed by the merchant tactics. I admit I am little slow in this regard.

I just don't like bargaining, but my wife makes it up by getting best deals. Few years ago during Christmas we visited one high end store near our home where we shop for our son. She saw a beautiful Christmas tree lit up on front display. She went inside and asked the store manager if they would sell the Christmas tree. Manager was puzzled and told her it was for store display and was not for sale. After a little while he came back with a Christmas tree with stand and all decorations. He said that it was from last year and she could have it for free. It was taking too much space in his back office. Sometimes you just have to ask and you shall receive.

Usually women are better shoppers than men. They communicate better and are not easily swayed by the merchant tactics. I admit I am little slow in this regard.

I just don't like bargaining, but my wife makes it up by getting best deals. Few years ago during Christmas we visited one high end store near our home where we shop for our son. She saw a beautiful Christmas tree lit up on front display. She went inside and asked the store manager if they would sell the Christmas tree. Manager was puzzled and told her it was for store display and was not for sale. After a little while he came back with a Christmas tree with stand and all decorations. He said that it was from last year and she could have it for free. It was taking too much space in his back office. Sometimes you just have to ask and you shall receive.
not really... women bargain and haggle and try to buy cheap... men like brand and quality over quantity, style or price... women go crazy when they see discount(you can inflate the price and give discount)... and behave like kid in candy shop when they are in mall.(omg i always wanted to buy this, oh thats so cute... cant decide.. )
this is a cliche there are a minority of men who behave like women in this regard.... (myself included) :)

not really... women bargain and haggle and try to buy cheap... men like brand and quality over quantity, style or price... women go crazy when they see discount(you can inflate the price and give discount)... and behave like kid in candy shop when they are in mall.(omg i always wanted to buy this, oh thats so cute... cant decide.. )
this is a cliche there are a minority of men who behave like women in this regard.... (myself included) :)

I always go out with set budget when shopping. I let her have her fun shopping. I go to a coffee shop and do my surfing on net. After couple of hours she will emerge with her shopping bags. I just don't have the patience to stand and watch for so long.

Hello,
Im asking this question cause i do get cheated by the shopkeepers in quetta , pakistan oftenly . They sell so expensively to me .. and i am so unable to argue cause when i argue i fear people will watch me with weird stares and that shopkeepers will misbehave ... cause thats what they do here in quetta . These pathan shopkeepers are so ill mannered ( sorry.. i dont meant to all pathans but am talking about the shopkeepers ) . One of them sold 100 thing for 350 :( .. nd i was unable to argue ... that time i realised im easy to get fooled by the shopkeepers .
How to deal with them ? Im scared to shop alone and that is why i shop along with my mother .. When im with mother , my mother argues a lot and is succesfull at managig discount , she buys 180 thing for 120 .. nd 50's thing for 30 ..
So i just wanted to satisfy myself , is there anyone else like me who gets cheated ?
And why do these pakistani shopkeepers stand on your head , its like they r forcing u to buy their goods. They dont have manners or ' lehaz ' . When you enter their shop , they will open their goods and commodities very speedlyjust to show you that they r dojng a lot 4 u so u would be forced to select . . .

These shopkeepers in quetta are so badtameez .. duhh .. @Fawad Masīd
Goes both ways, there are certain things that can be marked up so as to have a bigger profit margin, in those goods, usually businesses give you discounts because it is in their interest to move inventory i.e. sell things.

However, there are things that don't have enough profit margin to begin with, and customers act all "knowledgeable" etc. asking for a discount, while they don't know jack about it. So it goes both ways.

Im asking this question cause i do get cheated by the shopkeepers in quetta , pakistan oftenly . They sell so expensively to me
You've to baggle,bargain persistently.that's the only way..

and i am so unable to argue cause when i argue i fear people will watch me with weird stares and that shopkeepers will misbehave
you dont have to worry about misbehavior, everyone knows what happens when someone misbehave with a lady in public places especially in Pakistan :'P They are selling the product and you're buying it - you'll pay the money not the ones who are staring at you and they do the same thing...In Asia its a normal thing no one mind it.. you shouldn't care of ppl around you that's what i do :'P They are not paying the money for the things i'm buying so who cares what they think.

These pathan shopkeepers are so ill mannered ( sorry.. i dont meant to all pathans but am talking about the shopkeepers ) . One of them sold 100 thing for 350 :( .. nd i was unable to argue

they're not ill mannered, its the lehjaa of Pathans which seems like they are about to start a fight with you or anytime they will jump on you & start beating you with punches..

that time i realised im easy to get fooled by the shopkeepers .
How to deal with them ? Im scared to shop alone and that is why i shop along with my mother .. When im with mother , my mother argues a lot and is succesfully at managing discount , she buys 180 thing for 120
you're a girl and you can easily bring the prices down by haggling...Shopkeepers in Pakistan are way too good with females as compared to Males..

So i just wanted to satisfy myself , is there anyone else like me who gets cheated ?
it depends...if i'm new in a city and i go to a place,bazzar of which i'm not aware that they are selling cheap stuff on inflated prices then probably i'll be paying them much more than those who are familiar with the place.
And why do these pakistani shopkeepers stand on your head , its like they r forcing u to buy their goods. They dont have manners or ' lehaz ' .
learn something from Goras :P look how he's bargaining..he don't care what ppl might say or think or look at him..within months or within a year he learned how to get the job done, he's USA Citizen and he learned it how to deal with shopkeepers in Asia (i'm saying Asia bcz it happens everywhere in Asia) its a normal ting !!

and now watch this video how she's forcing him to buy it but he dont care & ye deet bandaa bhi usii price pe dataaa huwa ha :P

you don't like it then walk away wo purrii dukaan ke cheezain he kyun na nikal ley us ki tention na leya karain, paisay ap ney denyy hen,wo cheezain sell karay ga ye us ka kaam ha :agree:

Fawad Mahsud Naam change ho gaya aaj ky baad Iron Stars ...

I didn't get cheated but I did play a little game with one of my local shop keepers where I gave him more change than what was needed and did not say anything, I wanted to see if he would give the correct change back. But alas he did not, I have never shopped there again!

Sorry, probably not very relevant to your example, but I do like to play games with my fellow humans and in my experience, most humans would certainly try to rip you off/cheat you whenever they get the opportunity to do so.
Do the same to check a person. To whom im giving some responsibility.. the bad ones are easily weeded out.

I didn't get cheated but I did play a little game with one of my local shop keepers where I gave him more change than what was needed and did not say anything, I wanted to see if he would give the correct change back. But alas he did not, I have never shopped there again!

Sorry, probably not very relevant to your example, but I do like to play games with my fellow humans and in my experience, most humans would certainly try to rip you off/cheat you whenever they get the opportunity to do so.
Buying is an art so U dont have to be. afraid be double badtameez and offer them a price of 10% of asking prices if they are willing to talk than he / they wants to sell .. remember u have the money u are the customer.. thus u have an upper hand .. they cant do shit

I lack that skill .
they take full advantage if they realise you are scared thats a selling tactic .. remember the shop keeper is a lot less brave than u as he can only prove his bravery to a woman .. and what can they do .. give them a shyte offer and let them take their anger on the caged woman they have at home

you dont have to worry about misbehavior, everyone knows what happens when someone misbehave with a lady in public places especially in Pakistan :'P They are selling the product and you're buying it - you'll pay the money not the ones who are staring at you and they do the same thing...In Asia its a normal thing no one mind it.. you shouldn't care of ppl around you that's what i do :'P They are not paying the money for the things i'm buying so who cares what they think.

they're not ill mannered, its the lehjaa of Pathans which seems like they are about to start a fight with you or anytime they will jump on you & start beating you with punches..

you're a girl and you can easily bring the prices down by haggling...Shopkeepers in Pakistan are way too good with females as compared to Males..

it depends...if i'm new in a city and i go to a place,bazzar of which i'm not aware that they are selling cheap stuff on inflated prices then probably i'll be paying them much more than those who are familiar with the place.

learn something from Goras :P look how he's bargaining..he don't care what ppl might say or think or look at him..within months or within a year he learned how to get the job done, he's USA Citizen and he learned it how to deal with shopkeepers in Asia (i'm saying Asia bcz it happens everywhere in Asia) its a normal ting !!

and now watch this video how she's forcing him to buy it but he dont care & ye deet bandaa bhi usii price pe dataaa huwa ha :P

you don't like it then walk away wo purrii dukaan ke cheezain he kyun na nikal ley us ki tention na leya karain, paisay ap ney denyy hen,wo cheezain sell karay ga ye us ka kaam ha :agree:

Fawad Mahsud Naam change ho gaya aaj ky baad Iron Stars ...

Fawad Masīd ? It's u right ?! . Bari der ki mehrbaan aate aate .
Nd thnx for guide dude. Thanks so much . Ye Bolan shop wale boht cheat krte lol . Jo cheez city me 100 ki milti ye 150 me dete

0rs ...

Waqai lol . Yhn k pathan ese bolte jese lar rhy hon . Once I was walking on road , it was slippery . Slipped a bit nd a pathan said " o haajaani khyal kro, is khaday me gir gya to tum ko kon uthaae ga " .:rolleyes: I had to make an angry face then.

Fawad Masīd ? It's u right ?! . Bari der ki mehrbaan aate aate .
Nd thnx for guide dude. Thanks so much . Ye Bolan shop wale boht cheat krte lol . Jo cheez city me 100 ki milti ye 150 me dete

Waqai lol . Yhn k pathan ese bolte jese lar rhy hon . Once I was walking on road , it was slippery . Slipped a bit nd a pathan said " o haajaani khyal kro, is khaday me gir gya to tum ko kon uthaae ga " .:rolleyes: I had to make an angry face then.
time nhi mil raha Tha, kuch months se defence.pk site use nhi ki.. hardly 1 post ki ha last 3 months ma !!

Bolan market is in cantt tho obviously ap ko wahn sa koi cheez sasthi nhi milny wali :'P

TBH quetta walay Pakhtun mujy pasand nhi aye as compared to Nowshera,Mardan even Rawalpindi bhi !!

Fawad Masīd ? It's u right ?!
Yep

Slipped a bit nd a pathan said " o haajaani khyal kro, is khaday me gir gya to tum ko kon uthaae ga " .:rolleyes: I had to make an angry face then.

Afg walaa Pakhtun ho ga :'P tharki kahin ka
--_--

Bari der ki mehrbaan aate aate .

Allah ki mehrbani ha ky abhi thak Zinda Hun

Cheating by shopkeeper? For example? @Well.wisher

All I know is that, last time on my visit to Pakistan, I went for shopping. And I liked a pair of shoes. I love traditional wears so I really wanted to buy. My maa was in the shop next to this shop where I liked these sandals. She asked me to wait there because, I don’t like going for shopping anywhere except Fortress and Emporium mall in Lahore. So I asked this kiddo price of it and I was going to pay the money that my maa arrived and she bought me this in less than half of the price this little kid told me. LOL!
This kid said “Baji aap ko bargaining nahi aty” :rofl:

All I know is that, last time on my visit to Pakistan, I went for shopping. And I liked a pair of shoes. I love traditional wears so I really wanted to buy. My maa was in the shop next to this shop where I liked these sandals. She asked me to wait there because, I don’t like going for shopping anywhere except Fortress and Emporium mall in Lahore. So I asked this kiddo price of it and I was going to pay the money that my maa arrived and she bought me this in less than half of the price this little kid told me. LOL!

Aunty bola hoga

time nhi mil raha Tha, kuch months se defence.pk site use nhi ki.. hardly 1 post ki ha last 3 months ma !!

Bolan market is in cantt tho obviously ap ko wahn sa koi cheez sasthi nhi milny wali :'P

TBH quetta walay Pakhtun mujy pasand nhi aye as compared to Nowshera,Mardan even Rawalpindi bhi !!

Yep

Afg walaa Pakhtun ho ga :'P tharki kahin ka
--_--

Allah ki mehrbani ha ky abhi thak Zinda Hun

Nice to see you again . Han bhai ziada pdf use na kiaa karen , addict Ho jaen gae .
Me ne b apni aadat badal dalien lol

The shopkeepers are lot dishonest , I lack bargaining too doesn't mean they should lack honesty too in the business .

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom