What's new

Hatf 5 missile test fired successfully

Because it is lame! The motor never leaves the atmosphere, it hardly climbs 50 km. It is the guidance system which should be the subject of discussion, which separates before the terminal phase.

According to Wiki.....surely they haven't got it wrong by 300 KMs.
Engine Single stage liquid fuel rocket motor
Propellant Liquid fuel
Operational
range 1,200 km
Flight altitude 350 km reached in first test flight
Guidance
system Inertial guidance system (INS)
Launch
platform

According to Wiki.....surely they haven't got it wrong by 300 KMs.
Engine Single stage liquid fuel rocket motor
Propellant Liquid fuel
Operational
range 1,200 km
Flight altitude 350 km reached in first test flight
Guidance
system Inertial guidance system (INS)
Launch
platform

Sir that is the approximate apogee of the missile (Re-entry vehicle's to be exact), not the missile motor's. The boost phase is very short (~110 seconds for Nodong), after which the motor separates and falls back to the ground and the ReV (warhead+guidance+correction system) continues the rest of the flight.

In the general vicinity.....designated target area being in Baluchistan.....where as Dadu, where the debris fell lies on the border with Baluchistan's barren scape area. Ha....Ha....Ha. !!

As I understand the debris were found under the planned trajectory of the missile.. So going by your logic, the components separated from the missile and floated in outer space for 10 hours while making sure they stay in the designated areas around the planned trajectory (may be ISI threatened those components with dire consequences if they deviated too much :D) and then right on cue glided into the ground at the predesignated spot..

With this level of precision in jettisoned components' free fall to earth, no wonder all tests of pakistani missiles are reported as success.. :rofl:

As I understand the debris were found under the planned trajectory of the missile.. So going by your logic, the components separated from the missile and floated in outer space for 10 hours while making sure they stay in the designated areas around the planned trajectory (may be ISI threatened those components with dire consequences if they deviated too much :D) and then right on cue glided into the ground at the predesignated spot..

With this level of precision in jettisoned components' free fall to earth, no wonder all tests of pakistani missiles are reported as success.. :rofl:

Considering that the Bharti brigade is convinced that the missile disintegrated in it's flight path, in such scenario the debris would have come down immediatley not some ten hours later, for, we both know that the only thing that can remain airborne for such duration is the RAW infused LCA. !!

Considering that the Bharti brigade is convinced that the missile disintegrated in it's flight path, in such scenario the debris would have come down immediatley not some ten hours later, for, we both know that the only thing that can remain airborne for such duration is the RAW infused LCA. !!

Ignoring the obvious attempt to deviate from the topic, do you have a hypothesis on how did the broken away components stay on course in outer space for 10 hours before falling down across the flight trajectory of the missile.. Or all you have are the obvious obfuscating tactics of Bharti Brigade and LCA ??

Well One thing... Why are we assuming this debris is of the current missile launch.. There is a complete organisation that tracks debris left in LEO and MEO orbits by Rocket Launches Year Round.. and gradually things fall back.. Otherwise the Americans are working on a laser system to target and destroy them.. Right now the laser is being used to update the debris map but in the next stage they plan to destroy spaces debris.. In 10 hours this could have circulated and came back.. it could have been a feature and it could have been not. So if you have some evidence and can prove it please do so or else forever hold your peace.. When the time comes .. and We will ROCK YOU :) rest assured

You do realize how stupid you sound in your attempt to berate the test.
The debris has been found over Dadu.. which in line with the Sonmiani test range impact area for almost all tests Pakistan carries out. The distance for it is consistent with what would be the separation point for the RV and the missile...
The RV went and hit the target at Sonmiani while the rest of the missile is generally left to burn up in the atmosphere..
In this case it did not... and fell to earth.

Those coming up with even more stupid answers as to why there was a component found that says flight computer.. should understand that the flight computer on the missile is separate from one on the RV.
It is aligned, stabilized, armed and the released by the flight computer on board the missile.
The RV then follows a pre-programmed ballistic arc to the target area.

Ignorance.. along with simple hatred.. is bliss for our Indian friends here.

Ignoring the obvious attempt to deviate from the topic, do you have a hypothesis on how did the broken away components stay on course in outer space for 10 hours before falling down across the flight trajectory of the missile.. Or all you have are the obvious obfuscating tactics of Bharti Brigade and LCA ??

What i posted, i learnt from various other sources, but rather than in your idea of sticking to the topic by dragging in the likes of ISI, disturbing your grey matter will acknowledge that the whole sequence may seem a bit out of ordinary but not impossible.
My rough guess was ten hours but the duration seems to be even longer. !!

The debris has been found over Dadu.. which in line with the Sonmiani test range impact area for almost all tests Pakistan carries out. The distance for it is consistent with what would be the separation point for the RV and the missile...
The RV went and hit the target at Sonmiani while the rest of the missile is generally left to burn up in the atmosphere..

Those coming up with even more stupid answers as to why there was a component found that says flight computer.. should understand that the flight computer on the missile is separate from one on the RV.
It is aligned, stabilized, armed and the released by the flight computer on board the missile.

Oh Boy.. You really going ballistic (no pun intended here).. My question is not on the validity of the test, but the logic that the parts stayed up in outer space for 10 hours before falling to ground around the missile trajectory..

Oh Boy.. You really going ballistic (no pun intended here).. My question is not on the validity of the test, but the logic that the parts stayed up in outer space for 10 hours before falling to ground around the missile trajectory..

I dont think they stayed in space for ten hours.
Considering the point of RV separation and impact of missile components.. I would thing the debris fell at most 5 to ten minutes after the release of the RV. In mose cases .. the missile burns up in the atmosphere or debris is generally too small to be noticed.
In this case it did not and fell to the earth..
You would think it would matter when the nuke has/is impacting the target?
Moreover, if you found the logic to the parts staying up in the air incorrect.. was it reason enough to go ahead and bring idiocy in terms of cheap puns on the ISI or otherwise?
After all, most people with half a brain would then bring in other logic that explains that besides coming up with simple deriding one liners like the "test failed" or otherwise.

ok tell me the characters of hatf 5 countrmeasures it has

None, its an older model.. based on the North Korean nodong and has at most guidance and warhead improvements...perhaps a single chaff dispenser(unlikely.. as even the remaining R&D team in KRL has chosen not to try and make a jalopy better)
It is on its way to the secondary arsenal already.
It was used in this precisely because its an older model and considered expendable enough to be used to test command and control systems.

What i posted, i learnt from various other sources, but rather than in your idea of sticking to the topic by dragging in the likes of ISI, disturbing your grey matter will acknowledge that the whole sequence may seem a bit out of ordinary but not impossible.
My rough guess was ten hours but the duration seems to be even longer. !!

But still, do you really believe that given the maximum height attained by Hatf V (350 KM at peak) , it would take the jettisoned parts over 10 hours to fall back to earth ??

I dont think they stayed in space for ten hours.
Considering the point of RV separation and impact of missile components.. I would thing the debris fell at most 5 to ten minutes after the release of the RV. In mose cases .. the missile burns up in the atmosphere or debris is generally too small to be noticed.
In this case it did not and fell to the earth..
And hence my comment on the incredulity of the claim by windjammer that the debris fell down after 10 hours...

Moreover, if you found the logic to the parts staying up in the air incorrect.. was it reason enough to go ahead and bring idiocy in terms of cheap puns on the ISI or otherwise?
One harmless pun and you jump down my throat :( .. Ok.. retracted :sigh:

After all, most people with half a brain would then bring in other logic that explains that besides coming up with simple deriding one liners like the "test failed" or otherwise.
Err.. Where ????

I mean where did you find me saying that test failed ??

@Oscar

1 question been troubling me for the last so many days.

the missile test was in the morning, and debry came in the night.
How to account for the missing 10 or so hours ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom