What's new

'Has UAE lost it?' Emirati plan to award Modi amid Kashmir crackdown lambasted

Pakistan isnt asking UAE to fight a sectarian proxy war.

We arent even asking for military assets.

But by giving him your highest honor in times like these, only shows your govt considers indo-emirati relationship as being more preferred.
You are twisting a direct attack & threats into a sectarian issue.

You show your back on a critical issue like Yemen, accept Billions in loans, then give your highest medal to Thani. Sorry Bro, but you lost the plot.

You show your back on a critical issue like Yemen, accept Billions in loans, then give your highest medal to Thani. Sorry Bro, but you lost the plot.
UAE can be a 'valuable partner' in India's $5 trillion economy goal, says Prime Minister Narendra Modi

Abu Dhabi: India finds a partner in the UAE to achieve its ambitious dream of achieving a $5 trillion economy, Prime Minister Narendra Modi told the Emirates News Agency, WAM, in an exclusive interview.
"We consider the UAE as a valuable partner in realising the objective to reach $5 trillion economy through a mutually beneficial partnership," said Modi who started on Friday night a two-day state visit to the UAE.

"India has embarked on the ambitious, yet achievable, path to be a $5 trillion economy by 2024-25. We are targeting about $1.7 trillion dollar worth of investments in the coming five years. To achieve this vision, the government is working to promote inflows from domestic as well as foreign sources," the Prime Minister explained.

He said that the UAE-India relations are "at their best ever", adding that the UAE investments in key sectors in India are growing.

"There has been an increasing interest in investments in India in sectors ranging from renewable energy, food, ports, airports, defence manufacturing and other sectors," Modi said.

"UAE investments in [sectors such as] infrastructure and housing are being enhanced.

"The UAE is our third largest trade partner with about $60 billion bilateral trade in 2018-19. Many of our companies are investing here in UAE. Both countries are working closely and vigorously to implement the commitment of $75 billion investment by UAE in India.

'India-UAE relations are at their best ever'
"I feel immensely proud of conveying that India-UAE relations are at their best ever," added the Prime Minister.

He highlighted the importance of the Comprehensive Strategic Partnership Agreement signed during the visit of His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, to India in January 2017 as the Chief Guest of Indian Republic Day.

"Since then we have made enormous progress in implementing agreements signed in key areas, including defence, security, investment in infrastructure, energy and more. In other words, our relations are truly multi-dimensional," Modi pointed out.

"I sincerely compliment the leadership and direction that His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed has personally provided in taking this relationship to new heights," he said.

The Prime Minister believes that his third visit to the UAE, in the last four years, reflects the desire and will of the two countries to sustain the momentum achieved in the bilateral relationship.

"In this visit, I look forward to further strengthening our all-round cooperation. I also look forward to holding discussions with my brother His Highness Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed. I greatly admire his vision. I always find exchange of views with him stimulating and energising," he explained.

"We have a number of important matters to discuss regarding bilateral relations as well as the regional and global situation. I am confident that my visit will serve to further strengthen our robust and vibrant relations," Modi said.

"I am very upbeat about the trajectory of our relations and for opening up new areas of cooperation. I think there exist huge potential to make this cooperation a win-win (partnership) for both countries," he added.

Order of Zayed
About the Order of Zayed, the highest civilian award of the UAE, which he is receiving on Saturday morning, the Prime Minister said, "It is an honour of special significance for me and my fellow 1.3 billion Indians. It commemorates the memory of a great and visionary world leader, the father of this beautiful nation, the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan."

"It is an even greater honour to be conferred this Order in the birth centenary year of Sheikh Zayed. His ideas, vision and wisdom are very much relevant in the contemporary times. This award for me also symbolises the brotherly ties between our two countries and their peoples," Modi stressed.

About Indian community in the UAE, he said, "We are immensely proud that the rich contribution of our community to building a modern, diverse and vibrant UAE are acknowledged and appreciated by the leadership of the UAE.

"Apart from the Indians whose remittances sustain their families back home in India, we are also witnessing a steady increase in investments into India by some of the top Indian business leaders in UAE.

"I extend my deepest appreciation to the leadership of UAE for looking after the well-being of the Indian diaspora here like a true guardian. I would also like to thank the leadership of UAE for the steps taken recently to provide long-term visas and other benefits to expatriates."

Talking about the global economic situation, the Prime Minister said, "Global economy is facing some headwinds. Experiences of last five years, however, give me the confidence that the Indian economy and people of India have everything in them to not only face but also counter any headwinds."

India's fundamentals are very strong, driven by "numerous" strengths, he said.

Highest average growth
The last 5 years have seen the highest average growth and lowest average inflation in the last three decades, Modi went on to say, adding that India has been improving its performance in "almost all global rankings," such as ease of doing business or innovation.

He said India had significantly increased its contribution to global growth in the last five years, making India an important engine of global economy.

"I am confident that the collective endeavour of 1.3 billion Indians comprising millions of farmers, hundreds of thousands of industrialists and young entrepreneurs and start-ups and women, will ensure this." He said.

"India's skilled human resources, rapid infrastructure growth and the world's biggest market are reasons for our optimism. At the same time, we are focused on further improving our competitiveness through long-term reforms."

These encompass steps to move even higher in ease of doing business, tax reforms with lowering tax rates and simplifying procedures, labour sector reforms and FDI-related reforms to make investment in India more lucrative, he explained.

During the past few years, he said, India has become "the fastest growing major economy in the world," adding that all the macro-economic parameters such as current account deficit, fiscal deficit and inflation were brought down to acceptable levels.

The vision for the next five years is to have an investment-led growth, Modi concluded.

https://gulfnews.com/uae/uae-can-be...-prime-minister-narendra-modi-1.1566584083589

UAE-India-bilateral_Lead_16b741d72e8_large.jpg

All about money,,,,,,,,,

You are regurgitating the same nonsense you said earlier.

Secondly you can tag mods and they can provide screenshots, of how initially you claimed Vietnam, and later changed it. You just exposed how hollow and clueless you are.

In the real world, no one gives two hoots about nobodys like you. But do feel free to continue with your gibberish. The more you talk, the more you expose yourself.

This is very good, you are showing your maturity level by regurgitating this nonsense repeatedly. You should make it your signature!

Don't be a cry baby. I know you can't debate with your perspective as you are all talk no substance.

Instead of answering the points, you throw mud at others Even a 10 year old will know, that I edited my post, because I made a mistake, It was taiwan to which serial numbers were attributed to, I mentioned Vietnam

Leaving aside your rest of rants and tantrums because you are just jealous of Qatar. Because they are helping Pakistan w.r.t Afghanistan instead of UAE

So You don't have answer to why UAE will provide AMRAAM to Pakistan right ? Next time mention that, Your nonsensical claims will be reported. Doesn't mean if your F-16 claims can fly undetected, you start mentioning other silly stuff just to feel important.

Just to bust another one of your Fake correlations. Modi was nominated to be given highest civil award in April by UAE. Emir of Qatar was awarded highest medal in June.

Last edited:
Don't be a cry baby. I know you can't debate with your perspective as you are all talk no substance.

Instead of answering the points, you throw mud at others Even a 10 year old will know, that I edited my post, because I made a mistake, It was taiwan to which serial numbers were attributed to, I mentioned Vietnam

Leaving aside your rest of rants and tantrums because you are just jealous of Qatar. Because they are helping Pakistan w.r.t Afghanistan instead of UAE

So You don't have answer to why UAE will provide AMRAAM to Pakistan right ? Next time mention that, Your nonsensical claims will be reported. Doesn't mean if your F-16 claims can fly undetected, you start mentioning other silly stuff just to feel important.

IAF was showing Taiwanese AMRAAM? What fantasy world do you live in?

You got exposed, all on your own. You showed how clueless and immature you are, so now you are crying, and going around in circles.

You dont debate, you regurgitate nonsense as highlighted above. I'm on record for saying Pakistan does not need anyone's help w.r.t. Afgh, but you keep dragging Qatar in it to satisfy your ego. It seems your delusions have no end.

The AMRAAM's were provide by the UAE. There I said it, now go report me.

1. Afghanistan and Pakistan is involved in Peace negotiation process. What they ask will have ramifications on entire peace process and what Pakistan will get out of these peace negotiations if Afghan Government is not kept on a leash. You do know how peace negotiations happen right ? Give and Take ? Just like how UAE is pulling out of YEMEN for "STRATEGIC REDEPLOYMENT" ? You should know better than taking cheap shots on such things

2. Is Emir of Qatar non muslim and butcher of Muslims ? once again clutching at straws. Linking Qatar, Afghan transit trade and yemen to Awarding a civil award to person who has put muslims on a lockdown in kashmir, Attacked Pakistan, Butchered muslims when he was ruling Gujrat.

3. Did you read my post carefully. Taiwan. It's Taiwan. And what you are capable of ? Making claims out of thin air ? If you can't backup your claims then kindly don't throw at our faces as some kind of UAE owing Pakistan for XYZ favors . Pakistan bought 500 AMRAAMS. WE DONT NEED UAE AMRAAMS. Stop peddling Fake news unless you give a logical reason why UAE would give AMRAAM to Pakistan in first place.

Here comes another chap linking yemen war, Qatar who is helping Pakistan in Afghan Negotiation peace process to UAE handing out Modi civil award who attacked Pakistan and locking down the entire Kashmir valley.

Carry on with your rants. Can't have debate with a person who don't have guts to condemn this atleast.
did u ever thought why qatar has become waiters in a hotel room between talibs and americans

You got exposed, all on your own. You showed how clueless and immature you are, so now you are crying, and going around in circles.

You dont debate, you regurgitate nonsense as highlighted above. I'm on record for saying Pakistan does not need anyone's help w.r.t. Afgh, but you keep dragging Qatar in it to satisfy your ego. It seems your delusions have no end.

don’t tell these dilutionals too much sir

Not only you're clueless about what transpired with Amraam S/N and taiwan back in march. But also have comprehension problems. Where i was pointing to the fact about Those S/N were attributed to Taiwan amraam inventory and taiwan disowned it even

Rest of your post? Rants and Tantrums of a cry baby. Wont Change fact Qatar help and Emir of Qatar Being awarded medal for a reason.

Chotay loogon, ki choti khushiaan.
Says by a nobody whose just want to seek attention

did u ever thought why qatar has become waiters in a hotel room between talibs and americans

don’t tell these dilutionals too much sir

Because Pakistan trust them more than your owners :-)

We are discussing UAE’s ill-timed honoring of a mass murderer and a mass rapist of Muslims in India and Kashmir, who is also a fascist bloodthirsty warmonger wanting to invade Pakistan.

If there is any time to postpone these sorts of gestures in the name of Brotherhood and solidarity, then it is now.

There can be no excuse for UAE’s actions, and unfortunately they have set a terrible precedent.

The united stance of the OIC has become fractured yet again by UAE’s insistence on elevating India in disrespect to Pakistan/Kashmiris. I am afraid this organization will become even more useless and unnecessary.

In relation to UAE’s actions, neither Iran nor Qatar is responsible or bear any responsibility.

Pakistan maintains good relations with every Muslim nation, regardless of sect or race.

It is our religious obligation and also our state policy to unite all Muslims together and to resist those who take advantage of weak Muslim states from outside.

'Has UAE lost it?' Emirati plan to award Modi amid Kashmir crackdown lambasted
Nadda Osman
Published date: 21 August 2019 11:24 UTC | Last update: 18 hours 44 min ago
3.2kShares
facebook.svg

twitter.svg

whatsapp.svg

messenger.svg

email.svg

sharethis.svg

The United Arab Emirates' plan to award Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi with its highest civilian honour as his government cracks down on Kashmir has unleashed a storm of criticism.

Modi is set to visit the UAE on Friday and he will then travel on to Bahrain.

His visit comes as he faces international pressure for placing seven million Kashmiris under draconian restrictions and detaining thousands in an attempt to place the territory under total Indian rule.

Despite the Indian government's violent attempts to annex Kashmir, putting the demographics of the Muslim-majority territory at risk, Abu Dhabi has seen fit to hand Modi the Order of Zayed when he touches down.

The juxtaposition of honouring the Indian premier as his government is accused of atrocities has not been lost on social media users, however.

UAE to give Modi highest civilian award: report.
Has UAE lost it? After what is happening in Kashmir? https://t.co/JgXSyiqCRF

— Farahnaz Zahidi (@FarahnazZahidi) August 20, 2019
Earlier this month the Indian government suddenly locked down Kashmir, enforcing a communications blackout, state-wide curfew and shutdown of the press.

Thousands of people, including politicians both critical and supportive of Modi's Hindu nationalist government, have been subjected to house raids and arrests.

Yet another blow for Kashmiris, where is our government? Has it voiced the sentiments of Kashmiris? Has it shown videos of brutal atrocities being committed by Modi in Kashmir to the rulers of UAE?https://t.co/fiV7MVsomV

— Ahsan Iqbal (@BetterPakistan) August 20, 2019
Online, people are lambasting Muslim-majority countries, particularly in the Middle East, for remaining mostly silent on the crackdown.

The muted response has been attributed to the Gulf Arab countries' $100bn in annual trade with India, making New Delhi an important economic partner.

The award was first announced in April, when Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi Mohammed bin Zayed revealed it was being handed to the Indian premier for boosting relations.

We have historical and comprehensive strategic ties with India, reinforced by the pivotal role of my dear friend, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who gave these relations a big boost. In appreciation of his efforts, the UAE President grants him the Zayed Medal.

— محمد بن زايد (@MohamedBinZayed) April 4, 2019
In response, British Labour MP Naz Shah wrote a letter to Mohammed bin Zayed urging him to reconsider honouring Modi.

“Modi has placed the people of Jammu and Kashmir into a complete lockdown for the last 15 days, with the shutdown of telecommunications, internet and other sources of communications,” she wrote.

“To grant such recognition to an individual who is oppressing the Kashmiri people in the name of Sheikh Zayed, not only questions the value of this previously prestigious title, misrepresents his legacy but also forces the world to debate the nature of your moral conscious”

UAE to give Modi highest civilian Award.
Shame Shame Shame #UAEpic.twitter.com/my4ZQhkB6T

— fouzia shafiq (@fouzi_s) August 21, 2019
This is adding insult to injury. Why UAE ? Why ?

UAE to give Modi highest civilian award: report https://t.co/EqfAlZsKtH

— Noreen Haider (@Madadgar) August 19, 2019
Modi will become the first Indian prime minister to visit Bahrain when he travels on to Manama.

Indians make up one of the largest expatriate communities in Bahrain, with estimates suggesting that up to 350,000 live in the island kingdom.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/uae-criticised-plans-award-modi-amid-crackdown-kashmir

I actually am in favour of all of this. This is brilliant news. Things like this make me happy. It makes feeble, simple minded, quasi-religious Pakistanis realize that there is no "Ummah", that the Gulfis and Arabs could not care less about Pakistan and Pakistanis. In fact White and Chinese people care more about and respect Pakistan and Pakistanis more than the Arabs do. That is the reality. Only money, power, science and technology matter. All else is irrelevant. Until the majority of Pakistanis realize this, we will never progresss.

Last edited:
Things like this make me happy. It makes feeble, simple minded, quasi-religious Pakistanis realize that there is no "Ummah", that the Gulfis and Arabs could not care less about Pakistan and Pakistanis.

Brotherhood is a two way street. -Malcolm X

It is not so simple to say that every Muslim is on the same side, because we have different levels of Iman and loyalty to Islam.

There are some nations who are walking a similar path, who put the interests of weak and oppressed Muslims at the forefront.

Nations like Pakistan and Turkey who have taken in, fed, and sheltered millions of refugees.

Who always support the cause of Muslims whether it is Palestine, Kashmir, Burma, Afghanistan, Iraq, Bosnia, Kosovo, Somalia, Nagorno-Karabakh,etc.

Then there are others like the UAE who take advantage of the misfortunes of weak Muslim countries (like Yemen and Somalia) to seize their land and build bases, fund terrorist groups like the PKK, or support dictators like Haftar or Sisi.

I actually am in favour of all of this. This is brilliant news. Things like this make me happy. It makes feeble, simple minded, quasi-religious Pakistanis realize that there is no "Ummah", that the Gulfis and Arabs could not care less about Pakistan and Pakistanis. In fact White and Chinese people care more about and respect Pakistan and Pakistanis more than the Arabs do. That is the reality. Only money, power, science and technology matter. All else is irrelevant. Until the majority of Pakistanis realize this, we will never progresss.

We need to remember this!!! Fcuking Emirates

Lets talk substance, even better, lets look at some pictures while we are at it and look at the data about bilateral trade ties available on the internet.

If we go by the exalted views of all the childish name callers and accusers of each others limited or skewed knowledge as is evident on this thread, then Pakistan is indeed entitled to lay blame of its own failures at other countries rather than itself and all of the following leaders of these countries have indeed completely lost it as suggested by this thread title and not just UAE:

Qatar-India Trade ties at unprecedented level.
narendra-modi-and-emir-of-qatar-1463749018.jpg

UAE India trade ties at unprecedented level.
1_16a07ff3238.1967963_3249657050_16a07ff3238_medium.jpg

Iran India trade ties at unprecedented level.
0.48879200-1463997092-shv-9923.jpeg

Saudi India trade ties at unprecedented level.
Saudis-Mohammed-bin-Salman-with-PM-Modi-1068x601.jpg

Iran India Strategic ties at unprecedented level.
48006_263.jpg

By the way, I hate UAE's decision to go ahead with conferring the medal despite Kashmir lock down by Modi, UAE should at least learn how to provide lip service from Iran.

GCC vs Qatar, best reason why my argument is not sectarian but about putting Pakistan's interest above all.

UAE should be the least of our worries right now vs Chabahar port right next to Gwadar being India's base of activities from where Kulbhushan was operating from.

Why single out one country for giving a medal annunced in April, when another has given its most strategic port to our most mortal enemy to perpetually and literally spew its web of deceit, espionage and terrorism around us, and yet most of the crowd here bends over in appreciation just by mere lip service to Kashmir of our Enemy's strategic Partner in Chabahar right next door to Gwadar.

Why didn't Iran kick out India from Chabahar to express solidarity with Kashmiris or even warn of such a consequence?

Simple Answer: County's Interests.

Pakistan not only has to repair its economy but also the destruction to Pakistani Interests due to a decade of rudderless foreign policies which were subjugate to the interests of corrupt ruling families.

We Pakistanis have to get it through our heads that we should consider Pakistan's Interests as the factor uniting the nation, instead of thinking of keeping the nation united at the cost of Pakistan's Interests.

Pakistan Zindabad :smitten::pakistan:

Lets talk substance, even better, lets look at some pictures while we are at it and look at the data about bilateral trade ties available on the internet.

If we go by the exalted views of all the childish name callers and accusers of each others limited or skewed knowledge as is evident on this thread, then Pakistan is indeed entitled to lay blame of its own failures at other countries rather than itself and all of the following leaders of these countries have indeed completely lost it as suggested by this thread title and not just UAE:

Qatar-India Trade ties at unprecedented level.
View attachment 575662
UAE India trade ties at unprecedented level.
View attachment 575661
Iran India trade ties at unprecedented level.
View attachment 575663
Saudi India trade ties at unprecedented level.
View attachment 575664
Iran India Strategic ties at unprecedented level.
View attachment 575665
By the way, I hate UAE's decision to go ahead with conferring the medal despite Kashmir lock down by Modi, UAE should at least learn how to provide lip service from Iran.

GCC vs Qatar, best reason why my argument is not sectarian but about putting Pakistan's interest above all.

UAE should be the least of our worries right now vs Chabahar port right next to Gwadar being India's base of activities from where Kulbhushan was operating from.

Why single out one country for giving a medal annunced in April, when another has given its most strategic port to our most mortal enemy to perpetually and literally spew its web of deceit, espionage and terrorism around us, and yet most of the crowd here bends over in appreciation just by mere lip service to Kashmir of our Enemy's strategic Partner in Chabahar right next door to Gwadar.

Why didn't Iran kick out India from Chabahar to express solidarity with Kashmiris or even warn of such a consequence?

Simple Answer: County's Interests.

Pakistan not only has to repair its economy but also the destruction to Pakistani Interests due to a decade of rudderless foreign policies which were subjugate to the interests of corrupt ruling families.

We Pakistanis have to get it through our heads that we should consider Pakistan's Interests as the factor uniting the nation, instead of thinking of keeping the nation united at the cost of Pakistan's Interests.

Pakistan Zindabad :smitten::pakistan:
I wish I could give you a +ve rating for this post, unfortunately ratings in this section are disabled by admin.

We need to remember this!!! Fcuking Emirates

TBH There is NOTHING the Emiratis have that can really help and benefit Pakistan. Please don't say cash and investments. There are MANY MANY alternatives to the Gulfis and ALL of Pakistan's economic woes are down to the corruption, mismanagement, negligence and idiocity of the Pakistani ruling elite. Particularly the sharifs and bhuttos. An IQ and loyalty test should be taken before you become a politician in Pakistan.

The UAE for all of it's top of the line military hardware from America is still getting battered and humiliated by the rag-tag sandal wearing Houthi rebels.........:lol:........wheras us Pakistanis are subduing an enemy that is more than 7× bigger than us...........you think the UAE can help us?????........:lol:........if we had the UAE's conventional weapons, india would not exist in it's current form.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom