What's new

Has Pakistan inducted WZ-10 ?

I read some where Russia going to deliver all 4 helos next year...

@Zarvan

I check with serving officer long back he told me WZ-10 not satisfied our needs specially engine power and maintenance issues (low power and service life of engines).

having said that there seems finally to be a breakthrough by the Chinese in aero engines. Z10 may be inducted after the 15 Super Cobras are delivered by end 2018.

I read some where Russia going to deliver all 4 helos next year...

@Zarvan

I check with serving officer long back he told me WZ-10 not satisfied our needs specially engine power and maintenance issues (low power and service life of engines).
Yes Russia would deliver 4 and as for WZ-10 @fatman17 has said same but we should keep one thing mind that the WZ-10 which were given to us for testing didn't had new WZ-16 engine. The new WZ-16 engine is more powerful and also their are other upgrades done by China on WZ-10. @cirr @Deino @Beast

Yes Russia would deliver 4 and as for WZ-10 @fatman17 has said same but we should keep one thing mind that the WZ-10 which were given to us for testing didn't had new WZ-16 engine. The new WZ-16 engine is more powerful and also their are other upgrades done by China on WZ-10. @cirr @Deino @Beast
In that case again new testing but at that time we may already inducted Vipers and may be operation in frontier ended. In that Scenario i highly doubt P.A would induct another platform.
Above all 3 transferred Helos from China not for sale purpose but to test them in real war situation. Pakistan evaluated them and for obvious reason hyped it as purchase to put pressure on USA to deliver latest Cobras.

US don't want to lose ally like Pakistan..they want us to be dependent on USA for latest equipment. For reference check Senator Kerry's speech on defending F-16 sale where he mentioned that they don't want Pakistan to shift focus on Russia.

In that case again new testing but at that time we may already inducted Vipers and may be operation in frontier ended at that time. In that Scenario i highly doubt P.A would induct another platform.
Above all 3 transferred Helos from China not for sale purpose but to test them in real war situation. Pakistan evaluated them and for obvious reason hyped it as purchase to put pressure on USA to deliver latest Cobras.
MI-35 are specially coming for Special Forces. As for Viper only 15 of them are coming and we need lot more dedicated Attack Helicopters. So other than Vipers our best options are WZ-10 and T-129 and MI-28. I have taken name of MI-28 because during IDEX 2014 Russia offered us MI-28 and three Air Defence systems.

@Zarvan

Kindly note my words...P.A would not induct any dedicated attack helo other than Cobras....Russian Choppers off course for special OPS dedicated to SSG.

@Zarvan

Kindly note my words...P.A would not induct any dedicated attack helo other than Cobras....Russian Choppers off course for special OPS dedicated to SSG.
Pakistan is already looking to induct a dedicated attack helicopter along with viper we need at least 60 Attack Helicopters not just 15. Our old cobras need replacement and 15 vipers are not even close to be enough.

Pakistan is already looking to induct a dedicated attack helicopter along with viper we need at least 60 Attack Helicopters not just 15. Our old cobras need replacement and 15 vipers are not even close to be enough.
We are not going to replace all previously acquired Cobras, some of them recently acquired.
Zarvan bhai according to u we are going to purchase J-10 along with SU-35 and many other things.:disagree:

@Zarvan I can't view the picture, but there is no news of induction of WZ10 in PA or even news of purchase of WZ10.

no order has been placed so far. if they participate in parade fly-past it would be mostly a 'political ploy' to promote pak-china iron clad friendship and gentle reminder to USA.

@fatman17's analysis is on point. The platform has not been inducted as yet. For the moment, it is being tested and flight data is also being shared with the Chinese to further iron out the problems facing the platform. Their induction in the parade is a testament to Pak-China Strategic Partnership, an accompanying exposition is also expected to follow the same premise on parade day.

We are not going to replace all previously acquired Cobras, some of them recently acquired.
Only 30% of our Cobra fleet is worth flying and engaging the targets. Most of Cobras are sleeping in shelters since it's too risky to fly and engage them in battle.
Kindly note my words...P.A would not induct any dedicated attack helo other than Cobras...
Nah. We are focussed for two gunships from start (not counting Mi35) .......
One from east, one from West. Vipers are too expensive to buy and operate in large numbers. So an XYZ platform will be added to full fill the quantity gap. Roughly 50 gunships are our requirement. Even after ending operation Zarb e Azb they will be needed on Western borders. And of course on Eastern borders and Mountains of North.......

having said that there seems finally to be a breakthrough by the Chinese in aero engines. Z10 may be inducted after the 15 Super Cobras are delivered by end 2018.
you told me they were sent back to china.

Only 30% of our Cobra fleet is worth flying and engaging the targets. Most of Cobras are sleeping in shelters since it's too risky to fly and engage them in battle.
I don't know from where you get 30% figure, at any time our 80% fleet always ready to rock n roll. For your info half of the Cobras we are operating are hardly 10 years old yet extensively used and require continuous maintenance. If u r referring few crashes that could be happen to new Helos because helos known to be quite prone to crashes.Just google it u would come to know many modern US helo crashed recently.

For your info half of the Cobras we are operating are hardly 10 years old yet extensively used and require continuous maintenance
Yr, this plateform belongs to 60s era. Its like Buying Block 15 F16s again in 21st century instead of Blk52s.

Our cobra are Tin Cans with two blades, engine, cockpit and weapon stations.
No situation awareness systems, no night strike capability, no dedicated thermal imaging systems, no advance counter measure systems. no head up display, no infrared jammer, no infrared suppressing engine exhaust system to reduce thermal signature of gunship..................

These are AH1F by name only.....................

We have hard time using them to locate and engage Militants. Their eye sight is too weak.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom