What's new

Has Egypt acquired one of the most powerful Russian land weapons?

Except taking out Israelk airbases is easier said than done
It can be done, Israel has great intelligence services though. Assuming you could get an attack through without Mossad knowing mass (100s launched each airbase)CM, or BM attack would probably be impossible to intercept. Even if aircraft took off with little warning, it would be impossible to land once fuel runs out (targeting civilian airports would probably be required as well)

It can be done, Israel has great intelligence services though. Assuming you could get an attack through without Mossad knowing mass (100s launched each airbase)CM, or BM attack would probably be impossible to intercept. Even if aircraft took off with little warning, it would be impossible to land once fuel runs out (targeting civilian airports would probably be required as well)
Egypt certainly doesn't have the means to do so. It doesn't have hundreds of cruise missiles and ballistic missiles for each airfield, let alone missiles that are precise enough for that. Israel has early warning radars and air defense systems too.

I doubt the US is capable of doing that.

Egypt certainly doesn't have the means to do so. It doesn't have hundreds of cruise missiles and ballistic missiles for each airfield, let alone missiles that are precise enough for that. Israel has early warning radars and air defense systems too.

I doubt the US is capable of doing that.
You could do all this with MLRS with long range if need be, and yeah Israel does have EW radars, and air defense but when launched from close places (Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq) the warning time you get would be at most minutes and intercepting hundreds of rockets hitting one location is close to impossible. Iron Dome or David's Sling is not made for countering that money rockets hitting so close together.

a300.jpg

You could do all this with MLRS with long range if need be, and yeah Israel does have EW radars, and air defense but when launched from close places (Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq) the warning time you get would be at most minutes and intercepting hundreds of rockets hitting one location is close to impossible. Iron Dome or David's Sling is not made for countering that money rockets hitting so close together.

a300.jpg
First of all, such a plan would not go unnoticed, ever.
Especially when coming from Egypt, as they would have to concetrate their missiles in the Sinai.

Lebanon, Iraq, Jordan don't have the weaponry to accurately hit hangars in any significant numbers.

Israel develops Iron Beam laser defense system that will render most, if not all artillery attacks useless.

Iron Dome stopped salvoes of dozens of rockets.

Israeli counterstrike (Most likely preemptive strike tbh) would cripple any country attacking Israel.

First of all, such a plan would not go unnoticed, ever.
Especially when coming from Egypt, as they would have to concetrate their missiles in the Sinai.

Lebanon, Iraq, Jordan don't have the weaponry to accurately hit hangars in any significant numbers.

Israel develops Iron Beam laser defense system that will render most, if not all artillery attacks useless.

Iron Dome stopped salvoes of dozens of rockets.

Israeli counterstrike (Most likely preemptive strike tbh) would cripple any country attacking Israel.
Yeah, this is assuming that Israel can't find out about the attack. GPS MLRS rockets with 300km range would allow quite a standoff distance. But if the attack could somehow be successful I do think IDF would be very crippled.

Yeah, this is assuming that Israel can't find out about the attack. GPS MLRS rockets with 300km range would allow quite a standoff distance. But if the attack could somehow be successful I do think IDF would be very crippled.
It won't be successful, you would need to fire hundreds of expensive, large, guided MLRS at a single base at a time, and you don't have them.
Israeli retaliation would be much more severe, and would probably dwarf 1967.

Whoever is in charge of selecting and buying equipment for Egyptian armed forces is a complete and utter idiot. When you have the largest fleet of Abrams tank after the U.S itself, why would you go for 500 Russian tanks with whole different subsystems which makes maintenance a big headache?

Not just tanks, look at their air force:

F-16s
Mig 29s
Su-35s on order
Rafale
Mirage 2000

Their helicopter fleet:

Apaches
Ka-52
Mil-24
various other types from France, Italy, UK.

They are also getting Typhoons Lol

They are also getting Typhoons Lol

F-16 - USA
Mig-29 - Russia
Su-35 - Russia
Rafale - France
Mirage 2000 - France
Typoon - Europe

What was remained in the hand of human-being ?

-Swedish fighter
-Chinese origin
-Taiwanese fighter
-Indian fighter

F-16 - USA
Mig-29 - Russia
Su-35 - Russia
Rafale - France
Mirage 2000 - France
Typoon - Europe

What was remained in the hand of human-being ?

-Swedish fighter
-Chinese origin
-Taiwanese fighter
-Indian fighter
Haha, if USA or Europe sanctions Egypt they gift them some free Rafales, and Typhoons.

Inefficient fleet and expensive maintainces, againg upgrade fighters to communicate with each others. How many mig29 and rafael already crashed?

5ef630fd4c59b7731e68c8ff.jpg

Despite the absence of official information, photos published on social media in Egypt revealed the moment the Egyptian and Russian sides signed a contract to manufacture 400-500 “T- 90MS” tanks for the Egyptian army.

In the photos, the Egyptian Minister of Military Production appeared during his receipt of a model photographer for the tank from Alexander Potapov, director of the Russian "Orl Vagun Zafod" factory, where the contract includes the transfer of technology for joint production locally, and it is expected that the T-90MS tanks will give the Egyptian military manufacturing base, more experience gained in Field of tanks and shields.

Egypt will operate the upgraded Russian tank alongside the main American M1 Abrams, in order to replace the old Soviet tanks that will be out of service now from the T-55 and T-62.

The T-90 "Vladimir" is the main Russian fighting tank. The tank was named after its designer, Vladimir Ivanovich Potkin.

The tank weighs 46.5 tons, is fitted with a 125 mm cannon, and a 12-cylinder diesel engine with a power of 1000 hp (for an optional V-96).

Among the most important weapons of the tank, a 12.5 mm machine gun capable of firing super-explosive and hollow explosives remotely, and guided missiles of the "Reflex" and "Cobra" types of anti-tank and armor of all kinds and helicopters.

As for the tank fire control system, its characteristics exceed all foreign counterparts, as the tank speed or the target, the air temperature, the wind speed, the air pressure, the angle of inclination of the cannon and other additional factors are calculated before launch, which allows the destruction of any target with one shot.

It is noteworthy that the Russian media confirmed that Egypt wants to obtain the promising Russian "Armata" tanks, after Russia announced its readiness for export..

https://arabic.rt.com/middle_east/1128487-صور-تكشف-تعاقد-مصر-على-دبابات-تي-90-الروسية/

Leadership of Muslim countries is hopelessly pathetic. Egypt can buy all the best military hardware it wants, but it wouldn't solve the problem which confronts them. The disunity in the Muslim World, all to further nationalistic agendas. Be it the idiot Saudi regime, or the Iranian Mullah regime, or the Turkish, or the Emiratis, or the Qataris. All government's of these Muslim countries only further their own agendas, while leveraging the "Muslim" card with every breath.

Be it Egypt, Arabia, Iran or Turkey .... know your enemy, which is israel, not one another. Instead of uniting to confront israel, they compete against each other like a bunch of mindless buffoons. Where has Egypt, Turkey, Iran and Arabia been when the zionist owned and controlled Western Powers (America, Britain & France) destroyed Libya? Where have Egypt, Turkey, Arabia and Iran been when israel declared Jerusalem as it's capital? Where have Turkey, Egypt, Arabia and Iran been while israel annexes the West Bank/Palestine?

Buying all that military hardware doesn't amount to anything, unless you have the Will Power to use it against the real enemy.

my friend I dont know what this rubbish israel fetish is.. but you need to enable your brain.. :

you dont need israel.. these so called muslim countries are the worst enemies to their so called muslim brothers.. if you declare everything on israel you take out the blame for your individual faults.. giving israel for everything that happens bad in my life the fault is just to protect myself from the blame and nothing will change its the excuse to do what people did in the past and to keep doing in the future and today.. this is not something the great leaders of the past did.. they instead of many people today realized that they have to clean their backyard first before they go out and change the world.. things just work this way.. if there will come a next good leader I say to you the first thing he has to do is to fight against those who say that they are their brothers..

Please re-read my post and tell me exactly which part of it you're responding to.

Did I see that the current state of affairs is some grand conspiracy by Israel? All I said was that they're enjoying the show.

For the upcoming land invasion of Israel :chilli:

That is a non-starter my friend. For if Egypt ever hopes to liberate Palestine from the clutches of the zionists. It cannot do it alone, since the very instance Egypt attacks occupied Palestine, they will see the combined strength of american, british and french militaries coming to the zionist state's aid. In order for Egypt to achieve the liberation of Palestine, the Muslim World has to unite on all fronts to defeat israel and it's zionist host states (america, britain, france, canada & australia). The last time that was close to happening, the americans bought of the Arab World with the "Petrodollar."

Is Egypt really buying Eurofighters?

Quite possibly. It makes a lot of sense (contrary to the old biased thinking around here) but since the door is temporarily shut for any more Rafales because of financing issues, the next best thing that would work extremely well alongside the Rafales would be the Typhoons. And so instead of only 24 Rafales, we would have a combination of 48. The crews could easily handle both aircraft as well as the pilots but they probably will have their own of each. But I would suspect that most likely they would act as one unit. This deal is most likely totally dependant on Italy's promise and fulfillment of delivering the Meteor missile with the Typhoons. If they can't and don't, then I suspect the deal won't go through or they'll wait until they get approved with the Rafales that have been bought. Egypt is one of quite a few countries on the waiting list for the Meteor missile.

If the $10 billion deal goes through for all the items in it (4 FREMM frigates 2 of which are already agreed on since they were just delivered to the Italian navy and are brand new and come with a lot of heavy duty features and armament, 20 OPV corvettes, 20+ AermacchiM-346 advanced trainer aircraft and yes, 24 Typhoons are part of this deal that could end up joining the Rafales and the EAF.

They just ordered 20 Augusta Westland AW-149s to be used on several of the current and coming ships with helo pads for transport and SAR.

Back
Top Bottom