What's new

Has China catched up with Turkey in salaries?

@Topic not really.

Awarage wages by Country (PPP)

Turkey = 1731$
China = 656$

• Average wages by country, in purchasing power parity dollars, 2012 | Statistic

these statistics is estimated by GDP(PPP) per capita, the theory is like GDP_per_capita/price_index
for example, Turkey's GDP_per_capita is 1000, and it price_index is 1/1.731
while China's GDP_per_capita is 656 while its price_index is 1
then we have

Turkey = 1731$
China = 656$

but the reality is China's price_index is biased coz it takes into consideration of big cities in China, and especially the house price. The house price in China's big cities could be 20 times of China's small cities. And it is more expensive than Turkey, that is why China's price_index is higher than Turkey. But in ordinary stuff, Turkey is more expensive than China.

So the so-called Average wages by country, in purchasing power parity dollars is again calculated by the GDP number, but not the real salary.

besides, 2012 is very different from now.

The OP tells us the real-experience salaries

this statistics lose its credibility when Macau's wage is listed as 758$, HongKong as 1545$.
if anyone has any common knowledge, he should know Macau people are among the richest people in the world, with nominal GDP/capital > 100,000 USD.
Yeah but there is a difference between Nominal and PPP

these statistics is estimated by GDP(PPP) per capita, the theory is like GDP_per_capita/price_index
for example, Turkey's GDP_per_capita is 1000, and it price_index is 1/1.731
while China's GDP_per_capita is 656 while its price_index is 1
then we have

Turkey = 1731$
China = 656$

but the reality is China's price_index is biased coz it takes into consideration of big cities in China, and especially the house price. The house price in China's big cities could be 20 times of China's small cities. And it is more expensive than Turkey, that is why China's price_index is higher than Turkey. But in ordinary stuff, Turkey is more expensive than China.

So the so-called Average wages by country, in purchasing power parity dollars is again calculated by the GDP number, but not the real salary.

The OP tells us the real-experience salaries
The same goes for Turkey, Istanbul is quite expensive compared to landside, PPP is the best way to compare countrys since every country has different life standarts/costs, a comparison on Nominal basis doesnt make much sense here.

May I ask a question here,

As a engineer, now my salary is 8,000 RMB/ month, i have extra gain 1,000+ RMB/ month, right now total 9,000+ RMB/month. Some my friends earn more.

I just wanna What's the situation compared in Turkey ?

As a not good engineer, now my salary is 8,000 RMB/ month, i have extra gain 1,000+ RMB/ month, right now total 9,000+ RMB/month. Some my friends earn more.

@Sinan is a engineer, im sure he can help you.

The same goes for Turkey, Istanbul is quite expensive compared to landside, PPP is the best way to compare countrys since every country has different life standarts/costs, a comparison on Nominal basis doesnt make much sense here.

I searched some Chinese tourist articles which tells a story about Turkey. They almost say that the price in Turkey is more expensive than China. But the house price in China's big cities are more expensive. So the higher price index of China is mostly due to house price. Besides, Chinese government may also did some job in trying to make the price-indes higher so as to decrease the PPP.

I searched some Chinese tourist articles which tells a story about Turkey. They almost say that the price in Turkey is more expensive than China. But the house price in China's big cities are more expensive. So the higher price index of China is mostly due to house price. Besides, Chinese government may also did some job in trying to make the price-indes higher so as to decrease the PPP.
I came up with statistics while you come up with assumptions and some tourists reviews, why dont we just leave those baseless guessings and stick to statistics instead?

I came up with statistics while you come up with assumptions and some tourists reviews, why dont we just leave those baseless guessings and stick to statistics instead?

as I said, the statistics is calculated by GDP(GNP) together with price-index, not by real wage
this post is about real wage

I talked about tourists article, it is about price, not about wages.

As a engineer, now my salary is 8,000 RMB/ month, i have extra gain 1,000+ RMB/ month, right now total 9,000+ RMB/month. Some my friends earn more.

What is RMB ? Can you change it to $ ?

if someone's nominal GDP is almost 10 times bigger than another, but earns less than 1/2 salaries in PPP, there must be one that is misleading people. Macau enjoys low tax rate, not only this, every year Macau government distributes cash to her legal residents. This year the amount of money would be >1200USD per capita. That means for a normal Macau family with 4 members, a 5000 USD cash income will be a guarantee for doing nothing at all.

Lets not talk about how much we earn, it is not a very polite topic.

Keep the numbers general and ambiguous please.

You can spam the prices of goods and services to your hearts content though, its always good to hear how much things cost.

Here is Aus

My favoutite bread is $5.79 per loaf.

Banana $3 per kilo

Fillet o fish burger $5.05

Video game $79 (after careful shopping)

Haircut $15

Petrol $1.5 liter.

Uni textbook (when I was attending) $100 - $200

Pay so much for so little.

1 Lira = 2.68 RMB

Hımm My salary is 9380 RMB, it can increase if i work overtime. Sometimes it is around 10720 RMB but i don't like overtime.

I think, my salary is about avarage. If i had been working in a coorporation, it would be around. 13400.

It is still very little when you compare it to Europe.

Why compare with Turkey? I don't have any experience or impressions about that country, I'm sure most Chinese are same with me. We should have higher standard, and compare with developed countries, not Turkey.

Why compare with Turkey? I don't have any experience or impressions about that country, I'm sure most Chinese are same with me. We should have higher standard, and compare with developed countries, not Turkey.
:)

I once thought the same. And wondered what if i was working as an Engineer in Spain....... in automotive sector as an mechanical Engineer. I would be earning 107200 per month. :lol:

But i'm fine my country, i won't leave my country for any amount of money.

PPP calculations are NOT used by virtually any country's government accounting or records. It might be a better way to calculate GDP's but the problem is in how it is calculated which is highly subjective. Nominal calculations has it's drawbacks as well but it is still the international standard with governments, banks, etc.

Btw, in case no one has mentioned it in an earlier post; the thread title should read "caught", not "catched" to be grammatically correct. :bunny:

Back
Top Bottom