What's new

Has China catched up with Turkey in salaries?

gdp per capita doesn't mean salaries
China's low GDP per capita is due to the very low income of the old ppl, they don't work but they are parts of the population
while a large part of Turkey's old ppl are well-educated and have a good pension, majority of China's old ppl are peasants and only receive a small pension from the government. Thus, for the ppl of working age, Chinese workers and Turkish workers earn similar

esolve, do you remember that China family has less children than other countries ? old ppl has their retired pension, but kid still not has any.

I myself have 3 kids. The income of household must divide to me, my wife and 3 kids. total 5. In China, average is 3.

How many kid in a Turk family, @atatwolf

GDP per capita of Turkey nearly 11,000 usd / year ( China 6,800 )
in PPP Turkey 18,000 / China 11,000
It's clearly that Turkish has higher income.

I got this feeling that you are the one who started this thread, no ?

I got this feeling that you are the one who started this thread, no ?

I got the feeling that you dislike this thread.
Not me, of course.

Btw, it seem to base on true facts.

Tonyget, report him if you doubt about his identity.

Well China has huge population, it can't give a Scandinavian kind of comfort too all its citizens.

How is the population control going on ?

esolve, do you remember that China family has less children than other countries ? old ppl has their retired pension, but kid still not has any.

I myself have 3 kids. The income of household must divide to me, my wife and 3 kids. total 5. In China, average is 3.

How many kid in a Turk family, @atatwolf

then why don't you remember that China has more old ppl?
in Mao's era, many family has 6 or more children, and now these children are old ppl
besides, as I told you, GDP per capita is not proportional to salaries.
In China, due to labor shortage and high economic growth, companies/restaurants/factories have to use high salaries to employ ppl.
do you see the other post which told a story that China's labor is more expensive than Mexico, whose GDP per capita is similar to Turkey.

Well China has huge population, it can't give a Scandinavian kind of comfort too all its citizens.

How is the population control going on ?

it doesn't matter
In Turkey, you don't have so huge population, but unemployment is a big issue, even experienced engineers have difficult finding a job in Turkey.

Are you seriously comparing China to Turkey? Chinese salaries have gotten higher in last decade but nowhere close to Turkish salaries. Even Chinese who work for multinational countries like Apple are getting paid very low. That is why they don't have domestic consumer power. The money is just enough to feed themselves. The salaries and work intensity is so harsh that a lot of Chinese are commiting suicide.

View attachment 129798

Nets outside of the building because Chinese are throwing themselves of the building to stop the missery.
Stupid comment like before, U just living in ur sweet dream. kenduffy visted China and Turkey, he understand the truth between two nations. Where u went before ?

As a engineer, i ever worked in FOXCONN R&D Center. As far as i know even FOXCONN normal operator on assembly line, they have 2,000~2,500 RMB basic salary + 500~1,500 RMB overtime allowance, 3,000~3500 RMB salary/ month. The Engineer in FOXCONN office earn 5,000~15,000 RMB salary. The only problem in FOXCONN, is produce schedule usually force our guys must work 9~10 hours in a day during several weeks, so work in FOXCONN is harder but salary is not less.

I worked in FOXCONN for Three Years to support Acer PC project, earn some money then i quit. 2nd reason i found the TaiWan comapny is the worst foreign company in this world, damn sh!t company culture. But FOXCONN taught me more ...

Last edited:
I got the feeling that you dislike this thread.
Not me, of course.

Btw, it seem to base on true facts.

Tonyget, report him if you doubt about his identity.

Because it's way too bizarrerie. An Italian guy register on a Pakistan forum just to ask the wage difference between China and Turkey ? Does this make any sense to you ?

The only logical explaination is that someone on this forum try to incite a flame war between China and Turkey, and apparently only those who are hostile to these two countries have such motive.

@esolve

Experienced engineers has usually no problem, its new graduates which is a problem in a lot of places, when the new graduates are more then demand , some will stay out.

Average salary for a new graduate engineer is around 1500 lira btw, which Engineers find low, its higher for experienced ones of course.

Because it's way too bizarrerie. An Italian guy register on a Pakistan forum just to ask the wage difference between China and Turkey ? Does this make any sense to you ?

The only logical explaination is that someone on this forum try to incite a flame war between China and Turkey, and apparently only those who are hostile to these two countries have such motive.

I don't think this post incite flames between China and Turkey, it is just comparing salaries

@esolve

Experienced engineers has usually no problem, its new graduates which is a problem in a lot of places, when the new graduates are more then demand , some will stay out.

5bf62a530e984b9d7e0e25cc16d16fe9.gif
6th December 2013, 12:57 PM
View attachment b47c8b1bab444d63e4030c8e57f95c2b.gif
tuba
59a19d5316db68be33bba211cfc7a25d.gif

ced74ca3609a0e6113aee5fed8309537.gif

f33e77a19ac630e4d66e10e3674be644.png
32 likes received
f33e77a19ac630e4d66e10e3674be644.png
22 likes given
4bba7d1c089bb9b8bb4d1920f64ae5ef.gif
Originally from turkey.
65d6c846e6fee45b527d3c8cd6b976b9.gif
Expat in australia.
40a1c73eab4880b62b37bcdc1a2bc794.gif

I definitely agree with you! My husband is a mechanical engineer, we moved to Turkey 2 years ago after staying in Dubai and Qatar for 6 years. He could only find a job after 3 4 for months of searching. And his english is very good compared to others, graduate of one of the 2 best technical universities but still... And just last week his company went downsizing, fired 67 people, 10 of them were engineers. It was a near miss! And the salary is not good either.
In our 9th month staying in Turkey, we decided its not for us and trying to immigrate again now.

How hard is it to find a job in Turkey?

Am I wrong if an italian guy ask something relate China ?
Let think, if I want, why it's not me who create this thread, but an Italian guy?

Your logic is sick.

I don't think this post incite flames between China and Turkey, it is just comparing salaries

View attachment 129849 6th December 2013, 12:57 PM
View attachment 129850
tuba View attachment 129851

View attachment 129852
View attachment 12985332 likes received
View attachment 12985322 likes given
View attachment 129854 Originally from turkey. View attachment 129855 Expat in australia.
View attachment 129856

I definitely agree with you! My husband is a mechanical engineer, we moved to Turkey 2 years ago after staying in Dubai and Qatar for 6 years. He could only find a job after 3 4 for months of searching. And his english is very good compared to others, graduate of one of the 2 best technical universities but still... And just last week his company went downsizing, fired 67 people, 10 of them were engineers. It was a near miss! And the salary is not good either.
In our 9th month staying in Turkey, we decided its not for us and trying to immigrate again now.

How hard is it to find a job in Turkey?

Now I know the true ID of OP

What is the point of talking about salary in Turkey? All could crumble very soon. This country is about to EXPLODE in the next few years when the Kurdish regain their territory and declared independent. We all know our American friend will aid in that process because the Kurdish fighters are defender of Christian.

@Topic not really.

Awarage wages by Country (PPP)

Turkey = 1731$
China = 656$

this statistics lose its credibility when Macau's wage is listed as 758$, HongKong as 1545$.
if anyone has any common knowledge, he should know Macau people are among the richest people in the world, with nominal GDP/capital > 100,000 USD.

Back
Top Bottom