What's new

Has Any Pakistani Leader Ever Received Warm Washington Welcome Like Modi?

There is not much evidence against it either. Remember what the "claim" was/is.

Past performance indicates that a country that has failed to meet the challenges of the previous century is likely not going to suddenly meet the challenges of this century, no matter what the claims.

yes

you answered the question.
the lack of following is stopping Pakistan
unity of command, clarity about foreign relations and strategic vision. when our leadership meets your leadership it does't discuss the economic prospects or transfer of technology and sharing professionals etc.... it begs for assurances and safety from the khakis and promise of compliance to whatever it will be told to do.

And what do the khakis promise in their meetings at the Pentagon?

true that. and for this reason we depend on all the "well wishers" like yourself to keep reminding us of our folly.

Mere wishes, good or bad, will never create true substance.

And what do the khakis promise in their meetings at the Pentagon?
like I mind reader I am.. I was expecting this question from you

the question is invalid. I will reply when Khakis are ruling the country.

by the way. if you want the answer then look up your own commentators and members of the former and current administration. they excuse their better relations with Khakis because they Deliver. there is no ambiguity

like I mind reader I am.. I was expecting this question from you

the question is invalid. I will reply when Khakis are ruling the country.

by the way. if you want the answer then look up your own commentators and members of the former and current administration. they excuse their better relations with Khakis because they Deliver. there is no ambiguity

Of course USA will work with those who have the power to deliver what serves US interests. If they have better relations with the khakis, it is for that reason. So what does that make the khakis?

US gives such warm welcomes when it's trapping you into its "alliance" and to use you for its strateigc goals. It will appear everything perfect and win for you but it isn't. Modi has not got anything close the warm welcome President Ayub Khan received by the most popular US President J. F. Kennedy but the former later authored the book "Friends Not Masters" a goodread and recommended for anyone who is interested in understanding the Pak-US relation dynamics and infer consequences for Indo-US relations.

Some people question the morality of the US policy on Modi, the butcher of Gujarat who was banned from entering the US for a decade, now getting a warm reception in Washington. Well, they need to be reminded of how warmly President Reagan received the Taliban to the White House and what he said about them in 1980s: "These gentlemen are the moral equivalents of America's founding fathers".

Reagan+with+Taliban.jpg

http://www.riazhaq.com/2011/09/who-are-haqqanis.html

Some people question the morality of the US policy on Modi, the butcher of Gujarat who was banned from entering the US for a decade, now getting a warm reception in Washington. Well, they need to be reminded of how warmly President Reagan received the Taliban to the White House and what he said about them in 1980s: "These gentlemen are the moral equivalents of America's founding fathers".

Reagan+with+Taliban.jpg

http://www.riazhaq.com/2011/09/who-are-haqqanis.html
Salaam Chachha

there is no morality or justice in international politics and its only permamnet national interests that define your policy towards other nations

and to achive those goals you have to trade with what you can offer and weather what you are offering to those you want do do buiness with find your offer beneficial for them

as for the thread sure USA did call the taliban leadership to white house cause at that time it was in there intersts now same taliban is working against US intersts .... see there are no permamnent friends or enemies :azn:

india thinks usa is their friend once we thought this too but the truth is usa only uses u they did it with us now with india
zarra khud ke girabaan mein bhi jhaak ke dekho, Has US treated it's rest of it's ally's like it treats Pakistan? How about Australia, or South Korea, or Japan, or Saudi's or Israel. A little introspection would help to understand why Pakistan - US relations have been transactional.

Nice quote in the pic...of course he never said it about the Taliban. That quote was taken from something he said about the Nicaraguans during the Iran-Contra mess. But if people repeat it over and over people will believe it.

Read the first paragraph here:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/general-article/reagan-iran/

Last edited:
Nice quote in the pic...of course he never said it about the Taliban. That quote was taken from something he said about the Nicaraguans. But if people repeat it over and over people will believe it.

It's okay. The founding fathers were slave owners who did not want to pay taxes to the Crown, so it is not a very high standard to meet or beat. :D

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom