What's new

Has Any Pakistani Leader Ever Received Warm Washington Welcome Like Modi?

some serious memory loss there of course

back in the 50s... Pakistan prevented an all out US/ China Conflict at the scale of US Soviet cold war ..and actually brought them much closer .. that was some achievement.
if (big IF) there is a capable leadership then history can be repeated and Pakistan may once again bring down the US/ China hostilities and reduce the need for sparring.

there is no harm in recalling the history but its also ok to move on with time.
It is not just OK but it is IMPORTANT to move with time, surely it is. However as you mentioned, there is no harm is learning your lesson from history.

There is just one thing happening, it is a major shift is the geopolitical alliances in our region. All of the rest are merely the effects of that shift. Now one need to realize how this all have changed so quickly in 15-20 years (which is no time in life of a country or a nation), things will/can change again in similar amount of time, may be even quicker. We may be a bit down but we are surely not out right now. There is such huge potential, so much good that can be achieved only if we are given the right direction.

Also the world must realize that we are good at this game of diplomacy as well, we have surely been in a poor state for late but there is nothing that stops us from bouncing back and when it happens there still will be some many options, so may venues of interest and growth potential that things can and will change for good and do so at some pace. If India claims to be getting closer to nations that Pakistan was friend with for over 50 years, the last part of this sentence is equally important as the achievement itself, there is no telling when these alliances are formed or broken.

there is nothing that stops us from bouncing back and when it happens there still will be some many options

So what is Pakistan waiting for? Get going!

Or many factors do indeed stop Pakistan from adapting to the momentous geopolitical changes happening all around it?

Or many factors do indeed stop Pakistan from adapting to the momentous geopolitical changes happening all around it?
Well i did mentioned those factors but then again, those factors as we discuss are all changing ones. Time will hold the answers for us all but for now, we cannot deny the fact that there are major changes going around us, that for now we are being effected badly by those changes and that the same changes do have a potential of bringing in a lot of good. I don't see what in these points is wrong.

So India didn't accept muslim rights, that's why you carved out a country? Well fair enough. So after forming your own country, why didn't you gave minority rights to hindus? See the hypocrisy? Sorry I don't want to make this a religious bashing thread, but this is the reason muslims are hated all over the world. You think your rights matter only when you are a minority but the moment you become majority, you start killing minorities. Regarding India didn't gave rights to muslims.. well India would not ever, or for that matter to no other religion specifically. Everyone is equal. Muslims in India enjoy more rights than pakistan. We don't discriminate Shias or Sunnis or Ahmedias, all are equal and everyone has a right. Please tell us how many minority PM you had, or president, or actor or even for that matter any important person. Dont force me to quote what happens with Hindus in Pakistan. I have been to Rajasthan and have heard their stories myself. A country whose textbooks starts with hatred, can't ever develop. And btw go look at the human rights index we are still better than any other country in South east Asia.
If you want to post links or stories then i have more stories and links than you to prove my point. It is the known fact that since 1947 In india number of killings on the name of religion is way way more than in Pakistan.

Well i did mentioned those factors but then again, those factors as we discuss are all changing ones. Time will hold the answers for us all but for now, we cannot deny the fact that there are major changes going around us, that for now we are being effected badly by those changes and that the same changes do have a potential of bringing in a lot of good. I don't see what in these points is wrong.

The main issue is whether Pakistan, given its ways and means, is capable of responding to the changes in any coherent and effective manner?

india thinks usa is their friend once we thought this too but the truth is usa only uses u they did it with us now with india

What an Irony same Ayub Khan wrote Friends not the masters even after receiving such grand welcome :)

What an Irony same Ayub Khan wrote Friends not the masters even after receiving such grand welcome , we have to take every step with US with cautious as with an other nation. :)

The main issue is whether Pakistan, given its ways and means, is capable of responding to the changes in any coherent and effective manner?
The main point is that we have to and that we should, even if it means changing those means and ways!
We will have to change with these changing times, change our approach to different issues, change some policies or whatever it is required. There is nothing stopping us from doing so right, what matters here is the will to do so.

india thinks usa is their friend once we thought this too but the truth is usa only uses u they did it with us now with india
India wont be as stupid as some of our people proved to be. Harsh but truth.
However, what you say cannot be denied either.

More pertinent question should be, in the last few years has there been a pakistani leader who has been welcomed like Modi?
If not, then the OP is just a futile attempt to rest on the laurels of the past, lip-service if you will to sate the growing trepidation regarding Indian growth in all sectors.
A perfect reminder of how our stock incremented and Pakistan's decremented in the last 60 years.

The main point is that we have to and that we should, even if it means changing those means and ways!
We will have to change with these changing times, change our approach to different issues, change some policies or whatever it is required. There is nothing stopping us from doing so right, what matters here is the will to do so.

Are you suggesting that there is no will to do the needful despite having the ways and means to do so?

Are you suggesting that there is no will to do the needful despite having the ways and means to do so?
No, i am saying that there is nothing that stops from changing the ways and means to achieve the goals of 21st century and a will to do so or a recognition of need to do so will surely change the ways and means to take on the problems of today and tomorrow.

no you are wrong we indians have no friends we are all alone and all those so called friends are "friends" till they are getting good buisness with us and we know it and also havent forgotten USA sending there 7th fleet to bay of bengal in 1971

but having said that we cant remain locked in past we have to move on by learning and rectifying past mistakes and achieve much much more and for that we need active and passive support of all the super powers in the world and we are getting it aswell and continue to get more if we keep doing what we are doing now

No, i am saying that there is nothing that stops from changing the ways and means to achieve the goals of 21st century and a will to do so or a recognition of need to do so will surely change the ways and means to take on the problems of today and tomorrow.

That is a good claim to make, but one that does not have any evidence to back it up.

yes

you answered the question.
the lack of following is stopping Pakistan
unity of command, clarity about foreign relations and strategic vision. when our leadership meets your leadership it does't discuss the economic prospects or transfer of technology and sharing professionals etc.... it begs for assurances and safety from the khakis and promise of compliance to whatever it will be told to do.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom