What's new

Haryana metro - Badarpur-Faridabad

Totally off topic, happy for Faridabad and all, but am totally pissed that we do not have the Metro in Pune yet.
Pune Metro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pune Metro to have both underground, elevated corridors:Devendra Fadnavis - The Economic Times
600px-Pune_metro_route_map.png

its coming :bounce:

do you know sam bhai that there are more than 3lakh people that commute daily between faridabad/balabhgarh to delhi every day and EMO trains starting as eareli as 7 in the morning come jamm packed from that section delhi metro will need at least 12 coach trains with frequency of every 3 mintues to cater to that looks like this section gonna be a major cash cow for delhi metro in coming years i hope some day this line is extended till mathura/vrindawan too :D

No i didn't but i know that much after travelling from Delhi metro it's a life saver for lower middle class people.Before i had to pay 150 Rs+ to taxi to get once place to another and sometime it took 2-3 hour due to delhi traffic and after metro 1 end to another end is max 30 min and cost was 5 Rs so i would say it's gift to India from the government.

well the biggest problem must he high western ghats all around pune otherwise pune is more important to indian industry than a few metros i guess

Not to derail the thread, but Pune is no longer a pensioner's paradise.

It is a IT and industrial (esp. auto) hub. And the 40 lakhs I told you about does not include the neighboring cities of Chakan and Pimpri-Chinchwad.

More than anything, Pune is a military base. Both operational and training. Large sections of the city are controlled by the military, and I guess that too in many ways makes quick decision making (and land) difficult.

It is a IT and industrial (esp. auto) hub. And the 40 lakhs I told you about does not include the neighboring cities of Chakan and Pimpri-Chinchwad.

More than anything, Pune is a military base. Both operational and training. Large sections of the city are controlled by the military, and I guess that too in many ways makes quick decision making (and land) difficult.
Did you just deliberately forgot about all those NGO's ? :O

No i didn't but i know that much after travelling from Delhi metro it's a life saver for lower middle class people.Before i had to pay 150 Rs+ to taxi to get once place to another and sometime it took 2-3 hour due to delhi traffic and after metro 1 end to another end is max 30 min and cost was 5 Rs so i would say it's gift to India from the government.
you should have tried EMU it takes onli 8rs from shivaji bridge to old faridabad :D

sir i was not making fun imy family has buisness interets with pune (akraudi) dew to bajaj auto bieng there + a;l those enginearing and medical and management schools there and of course kayani bakerri :)

Bhai I don't know how old you are, but I have been hearing "its coming" from my college days in the early 90s.

And still they cannot decide what form of Metro to have, under, over, mono, etc. etc.
so was delhi.........but only come up in 2001

congratulations to DMRC and Haryana government.
Dr. E Shreedharan once while sharing experience of stage 1 said how Japanese financial institutes had put up a condition asking DMRC to show its technical capability to execute project on time before releasing any more loans.
to this DMRC took up construction of Yamuna bridge within 24 months using path breaking incremental launching method. Japanese agencies were pleasantly stunned to see an Indian agency complete work in promised tome and budget. rest as they say is, history.
whenever news of sucess of DMRC, my thoughts go to the great railway engineer Dr. Shreedharan whose vision not only provided Delhi and nearby cities with a world class, profitable and efficient mode of mass transport but also set a template of project execution followed successfully in many other cities.

only after current congress govt is booted out !
Bangalore metro project has come to a stand still....if these idiots can't finish this project they can at least maintain the roads and plan to broaden them.

Bangalore metro project has come to a stand still....if these idiots can't finish this project they can at least maintain the roads and plan to broaden them.
Current government is there since 1.5 year but people dont bother about lost 5-6 years of Yeddy regime

Bhai...Bangaloreans busted congress azz big time in local body elections...they know they will be voted out of power in next state elections... this Staling of projects and other civil works is their payback to Bangalore wallahs...

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom