What's new

Haryana metro - Badarpur-Faridabad

It's essentially Delhi Metro only operated by DMRC - Delhi Metro is also the world's 13th largest metro system in terms of length spanning 208 km and 15th largest in terms of number of stations. Evolution of the Delhi Metro -

400px-Delhi_Metro_Evo.gif

Eagerly waiting for Phase III to be completed by 2016 - will have more than 241 stations after Phase III which will make it only the seventh city in the world to have more than 200 metro stations. In Asia, Delhi will have the highest number of metro stations after Shanghai, Tokyo, and Seoul. Most of the metro networks with more than 200 stations are operated by multiple operators, while in Delhi, apart from the six stations of the Airport link, all other lines are run by DMRC.

The DMRC network will be of about 330 kilometres and after the completion of 103-km-long section under phase IV, the Delhi Metro will surpass the 150-year-old London underground system. The Delhi Metro by 2016 will have 241 stations and the length of its network in the city will be a total of 330 kms. The London underground, which was built in the year 1863, is 402 km long and has 270 stations. The Seoul and Tokyo metro systems are 317 kms in length and have 293 and 274 stations respectively. The 424-km-long Shanghai Metro has 234 stations. Russia's Moscow metro is 305-km-long with 185 stations while Paris' 215-km-long subway has 301 stations. In China, 336-km-long Beijing metro system has a total of 172 stations while the Hong Kong metro is 211 km long with 155 stations.

Approximately, there are about 160 Metro stations in the world in about 54 countries across the world. Delhi Metro was recently ranked second among 18 international Metro systems in terms of overall customer satisfaction in an online customer survey. In the survey conducted among the commuters of those Metro systems by Global Metro Benchmarking Groups 'NOVA' and 'CoMET', Delhi Metro along with London DLR and Bangkok were the best three performers in the 'Net Promoters Score' (NPS) category.

Rolling stock for Phase III has already arrived - will feature DMRC's first driver-less trains.
sir with deu respect to delhi metro its indeed saved delhi but bi god itni bheer you cant walk inside or owtside a metro during 9AM-12AM or 4Pm to 8Pm you are just caried in and owt by the crowd :hitwall:

thats pindis metro bus ..........
ok but almost 30 million $$s per Km is very expensive .... ye aur baat hai even then its already running jamm packed ever since 8AM to 11 AM and 4PM to 8PM :hitwall:

this video showing it as open and spacius seem to be a saazish by metro guys to lure potential passengers

Last edited:
ok but almost 3million $$s per Km is very expensive .... ye aur baat hai even then its already running jamm packed ever since 8AM to 11 AM and 4PM to 8PM :hitwall:

this video showing it as open and spacius seem to be a saazish by metro guys to lure potential passengers
where you get that ?

2.7 crore $ is 27 million $

27 million $ /KM is quite cheap.........at time of rush hour it will always be jamm packed

point is if pakistan can make 1KM for less than 20million$$s how come we are spending almost 30Million on it :azn:
i travelled in it last night for a joyride and that was close to 9.30PM trust me its not jamm packed onli in "rush hour"

i travelled in it last night for a joyride and that was close to 9.30PM trust me its not jamm packed onli in "rush hour"
dounno .........may be more frequency is needed
check post #23 its edited

point is if pakistan can make 1KM for less than 20million$$s how come we are spending almost 30Million on it :azn:
because its metro bus ..not metro train

dounno .........may be more frequency is needed
check post #23 its edited

because its metro bus ..not metro train
but both are elevated and have elevated stations onli diffrence is rail tracks and thats it then where does 10 million $$s went :azn: :devil:

check out first 15 min of this dude ,how normal people easily talk to him.

I know he likes to mingle with the crowds, but is that safe though? In fact, I even read somewhere that people who were watching him ride Metro on live TV, had even taken positions on rooftops along the Metro line to 'greet' him!

It is not just this Metro ride, but he has been regularly violating his own security cordon to meet people even outside India (Bhutan and Nepal come to mind). I know it is a noble thought to mix with people but I think he has far more responsibilities to fulfill as a PM than to take completely avoidable chances like these.

Considering that he faces a particularly high level of threats and any attempt on his life could plunge the whole region into chaos or war.

@Abingdonboy

but both are elevated and have elevated stations onli diffrence is rail tracks and thats it then where does 10 million $$s went :azn: :devil:
metro shed +maintenance = extra cost
rail track +maintenance = extra cost
overhead wire + maintenance = extra cost
sub-station + maintenance = extra cost
world class station = extra cost
world class train rack = extra cost

Rs165bn Lahore metro train project approved - Pakistan - DAWN.COM here is lahore metro bus
Lahore Orange Line Metro Train project costing Rs165.20 billion, and referred it to Ecnec for final approval.
The project envisages construction of 27.1km long dedicated signal-free corridor for train mass transit system in Lahore

Rs165.20 billion = 1652 million $ (pkr=100/$)...........translate to 1652/27.1= 61 million/km (which goinng to increase)what you gonna say about it:what:

sir with deu respect to delhi metro its indeed saved delhi but bi god itni bheer you cant walk inside or owtside a metro during 9AM-12AM or 4Pm to 8Pm you are just caried in and owt by the crowd :hitwall:

DMRC is procuring some 17 new eight coach trains from Bombardier and converting 61 six coach trains into eight coach ones to tackle the rising traffic on its network. 162 new coaches are being procured which will be assembled at Bombardier's facility in Savli, Gujarat, and 96 new coaches will be procured from BEML's plant in Bengaluru. In total, 258 new coaches are being procured. The new coaches will start arriving in Delhi in the third quarter of 2016 and all the coaches will be delivered by early 2018.

The new trains will increase the number of DMRC's existing fleet of Bombardier's "Movia" coaches from 614 to 776 and make it one of the largest metro fleet in the world.

DMRC right now has 216 trains with 4/6/8 coaches.

Delhi Metro to procure more trains to check overcrowding - The Times of India

Phase III (103 km, 69 stations) and Phase IV (113.2 km) are planned to be completed by 2016 and 2021 respectively, with the network spanning 413 km (257 mi) by then. By the time Phase IV is completed, the city will need Phase V to cope with rising population and transport needs.

Sir mat bola kariye - aapke bete ki umar ka hun, aacha nahi lagta :D

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom