What's new

Haryana India: French national assaulted in train, dies

Gentle Typhoon

Reaction score
Tragic news, India should first spend huge money on law enforcement instead of Incredible India and AtithiDevoBhava marketting. We are simply not ready to be tourist hub, sorry to say that I'm myself from North India but thugs have simply no fear here whatsoever. We dont even spare our own Eastern nationals, they face daily racism and slangs like chinki etc. Check video showing sufferings of poor guy who died, culprits should be hanged in public but our Police is so inept that they banned Enfield Bullet motorcycles when terrorism was at its peak in Punjab in 80s and now Supreme Court has banned car tints to save women from rapes. Funny country!

Karnal: In a shocking incident in Karnal in Haryana, a French national, who was allegedly beaten up by fellow passengers on board the Amritsar-bound Sachkhand Express, succumbed to his injuries on Monday. The incident had occurred on board the train on Sunday.

French national Frank Wilfred, 23, was found lying unconscious and bleeding at the Karnal Station. The Government Railway Police called an ambulance. However, some people who had come to see off their relatives on observing that the ambulance did not arrive for a long time and Wilfred was lying breathing heavily decided to take him to hospital in their own car.

"Some people came and told us about the man at the station so we called an ambulance. We are conducting an investigation," said V Kamaraj, Inspector General, Railway Police.

Frank was administered glucose bottles and other medical care. Considering his serious condition he was referred to the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research at Chandigarh where he stayed in coma for three days before his death on Wednesday night.

The police at Karnal initially registered a case against unknown persons. However, subsequent investigation revealed that the train TTE Manoj Kumar had a role to play in the incident. As a government servant, he failed to report the assault on a foreign national and more suspiciously was found to be in possession of Frank’s documents which he did not report for two days.

The TTE has now been arrested and has been sent to two-day police remand. The police are expected to interrogate him on details of how and why the incident happened and who all were involved.

The TTE has however said he is innocent, claiming that he did not even see Frank Wilfred on the train. The remark appears to be suspicious as all documents missing from Frank Wilfred were found to be in his possession.

While incidents of attacks on foreigners trickle in from across the country, this is perhaps the first time that a foreigner has been thrown out of a moving train leading to serious head injuries. The Sachkhand Express originates from Nanded in Maharashtra and goes to Amritsar in Punjab.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also disappointed by this bit of news.
I don't know why there is so much ruckus about one french man's death.
There are law and order problems even in so called developed countries too.
Citizens of our subcontinent get killed in those countries too!!At least this was not targeted attack against one's particular country or region.
OP is just going extra mile to add racial angle to the story.
IN original story there is nowhere US Vs THEM.
So my humble request to op is not to denounce India on the basis of facts coocked up in his own mind.

Its bad and condemnable that foreigner was beaten badly or thrown out of train.

But we should also show similar anger and knee jerk reactions when an Indian dies in India.

May his soul rest in peace! Culprits should be brought to book!

India may be developing to high standards,but the peoples mentality in rural India is sick and low on standard.

Shame ??? People like these present every where ..... just spread you BS some where else

How many times you see tourists being attacked in Pakistan?

If you mention terrorist attacks, then I will know you have lost the argument.

How many tourist came to your super safe country compare to India ??????

Why you want to hide terrorist attack ??? Feeling shame ???

Tourist are kidnapped for ransom in your country which is a very frequent practice.

How many tourist came to your super safe country compare to India ??????

Why you want to hide terrorist attack ??? Feeling shame ???

Because terrorist attacks don't reflect the every day citizens.

And whenever tourists come to Pakistan they are never attacked by common every day people.

Incredible India is obviously not safe for tourists.

Because terrorist attacks don't reflect the every day citizens.

And whenever tourists come to Pakistan they are never attacked by common every day people.

Incredible India is obviously not safe for tourists.

Some 6.7 million those who visit India last year were more smart ...... And not believe on these idiotic comments

Back
Top Bottom