What's new

Happy thanksgiving day? You mean happy genocide day? Some Reality check by me

There was a 50% discount on coffee that I could not pass up. Clearly, I'm a big spender.

:lol: yeah, I also bought some clothing with such 50-60% discounts. although most retailers increase their price tags, and then announce discounts on their goods, but, it's not always the case, and nice true deals, and discounts can be found.

:lol: yeah, I also bought some clothing with such 50-60% discounts. although most retailers increase their price tags, and then announce discounts on their goods, but, it's not always the case, and nice true deals, and discounts can be found.

Not sure what it is, but after I entered middle age, the satisfaction I derived from consumption essentially disappeared. Which is good, because I can't say the same for the rest of my dear, dear family. Heavy is the head that wears the crown, eh?

I don't drink. But I played football. And now I'm sorted from 2 days ago.

Thanks giving is racist in my opinion. They should abolish it or at least change the date and change the name because it has a dark past.

Not excusing what happened, but modern America is not responsible for the annihilation of the native Americans.

http://www.econ.yale.edu/~nq3/NANCYS_Yale_Website/resources/papers/NunnQianJEP.pdf

The list of infectious diseases that spread from the Old World to the New is long; the major killers include smallpox, measles, whooping cough, chicken pox, bubonic plague, typhus, and malaria (Denevan, 1976, p. 5). Because native populations had no previous contact with Old World diseases, they were immunologically defenseless. Dobyns (1983, p. 34) writes that “before the invasion of peoples of the New World by pathogens that evolved among inhabitants of the Old World, Native Americans lived in a relatively disease-free environment. . . . Before Europeans initiated the Columbian Exchange of germs and viruses, the peoples of the Americas suffered no smallpox, no measles, no chickenpox, no influenza, no typhus, no typhoid or parathyroid fever, no diphtheria, no cholera, no bubonic plague, no scarlet fever, no whooping cough, and no malaria.”

Although we may never know the exact magnitudes of the depopulation, it is estimated that upwards of 80–95 percent of the Native American population was decimated within the first 100–150 years following 1492 (Newson, 2001). Within 50 years following contact with Columbus and his crew, the native Taino population of the island of Hispanola, which had an estimated population between 60,000 and 8 million, was virtually extinct (Cook, 1993). Central Mexico’s population fell from just under 15 million in 1519 to approximately 1.5 million a century later. Historian and demographer Nobel David Cook estimates that, in the end, the regions least affected lost 80 percent of their populations; those most affected lost their full populations; and a typical society lost 90 percent of its population (Cook, 1998, p. 5).

When the largely Anglo, French, and German ancestors of today's Americans arrived in the New World, it really was largely depopulated. You can blame the Spanish conquistadors for that. Were there further atrocities committed by the settlers? Yes. Were atrocities committed by the native Americans? Yes. Is the state of modern day native Americans deplorable? Yes. Is it due to racism on the part of the rest of American society? Debatable (I say no).

But Thanksgiving isn't a celebration of slaughter, it's a celebration of peace and prosperity. Let's not distract the issue.
If this is true how do you explain South America which was as isolated and then had as much foreign contact as the Native Americans?

I do believe the thanksgiving holiday is a hypocricy considering what happened to the natives, its like mocking them, i have to say that thanksgiving has some of the best food one gets to eat. When i was in USA one American family was kind enough to invite me over even though i didnt know them, again great food!

Got a Dell Inspiron 5000 laptop with Intel i5, 1 TB HDD and 8 GB RAM for 399 in Black friday sale.

That doesnt sound like a great deal honestly. Is Inspiron 5000 before or after Inspiron 5010? I got 5010 for $540 3 years ago, maybe 4.

If this is true how do you explain South America which was as isolated and then had as much foreign contact as the Native Americans?

The Spaniards and Portuguese were hauling gold and fornicating with the locals (one of two theories of syphilis is that it was brought to Europe by Columbus' sailors) from South America well before all the immigrant waves to North America.

Last edited:
I don't drink. But I played football. And now I'm sorted from 2 days ago.
if u really are as beautiful as your AVATAR i might consider giving u football lessons, reality check are u talking about soccer or egg ball because i dont know shit about egg ball

I came across this, I think maybe you would be interested.

American Thanksgiving: A Pure Glorification of Racist Barbarity | Global Research
By Glen Ford
Global Research, November 26, 2014
Black Agenda Report 27 November 2013
Region: USA
Theme: Crimes against Humanity, Culture, Society & History

“The Thanksgiving story is an absolution of the Pilgrims, whose brutal quest for absolute power in the New World is made to seem both religiously motivated and eminently human…. The Mayflower’s cultural heirs are programmed to find glory in their own depravity, and savagery in their most helpless victims, who can only redeem themselves by accepting the inherent goodness of white Americans.”

This article was originally published on November 27, 2003, when Glen Ford was co-publisher of The Black Commentator.

Nobody but Americans celebrates Thanksgiving. (Canadians have a holiday by the same name, but an entirely different history and political import.) It is reserved by history and the intent of “the founders” as the supremely white American holiday, the most ghoulish event on the national calendar. No Halloween of the imagination can rival the exterminationist reality that was the genesis, and remains the legacy, of the American Thanksgiving. It is the most loathsome, humanity-insulting day of the year – a pure glorification of racist barbarity.

We are thankful that the day grows nearer when the almost four centuries-old abomination will be deprived of its reason for being: white supremacy. Then we may all eat and drink in peace and gratitude for the blessings of humanity’s deliverance from the rule of evil men.

Thanksgiving is much more than a lie – if it were that simple, an historical correction of the record of events in 1600s Massachusetts would suffice to purge the “flaw” in the national mythology. But Thanksgiving is not just a twisted fable, and the mythology it nurtures is itself inherently evil. The real-life events – subsequently revised – were perfectly understood at the time as the first, definitive triumphs of the genocidal European project in New England. The near-erasure of Native Americans in Massachusetts and, soon thereafter, from most of the remainder of the northern English colonial seaboard was the true mission of the Pilgrim enterprise – Act One of the American Dream. African Slavery commenced contemporaneously – an overlapping and ultimately inseparable Act Two.

Rejoicing in a cemetery

The English settlers, their ostensibly religious venture backed by a trading company, were glad to discover that they had landed in a virtual cemetery in 1620. Corn still sprouted in the abandoned fields of the Wampanoags [2], but only a remnant of the local population remained around the fabled Rock. In a letter to England, Massachusetts Bay colony founder John Winthrop wrote, “But for the natives in these parts, God hath so pursued them, as for 300 miles space the greatest part of them are swept away by smallpox which still continues among them. So as God hath thereby cleared our title to this place, those who remain in these parts, being in all not 50, have put themselves under our protection.”

Ever diligent to claim their own advantages as God’s will, the Pilgrims thanked their deity for having “pursued” the Indians to mass death. However, it was not divine intervention that wiped out most of the natives around the village of Patuxet but, most likely, smallpox-embedded blankets planted during an English visit or slave raid. Six years before the Pilgrim landing, a ship sailed into Patuxet’s harbor, captained by none other than the famous seaman and mercenary soldier John Smith [3], former leader of the first successful English colony in the New World, at Jamestown, Virginia. Epidemic and slavery followed in his wake, as Debra Glidden described in IMDiversity.com [4]:

And also this,

The Straight Dope: Did whites ever give Native Americans blankets infected with smallpox?

Back
Top Bottom