What's new

Happy Raksha Bandhan

^ Thanks nair saab for clarification but i mean what are the roles of pita and pati in this scenario if its only the duty of brother to take the responsibility of all sort of protection for their sisters for their entire life..

I thought when a girl is single then its her dad who take all sort of responsibilities as her brothers can be as little as 10 year old who might need protection for themselves and after marriage husband take this responsibility

^^^^Even after your sister is married......she is still your sister.....you can't deny her assistance if she needs on the ground that she is married.....this is what is meant by 'life long' protection....

^^^^Even after your sister is married......she is still your sister.....you can't deny her assistance if she needs on the ground that she is married.....this is what is meant by 'life long' protection....

off course you are right no matter where she live but still she will be your sister and i don't deny it but i mean most of the times if your sister is living in another city or country then its her husband who is more close to her than you or any other family member and he need to provide her all sort of protection/ security and financial responsibilities etc :)

Raksha Bandhan is pretty cool, I like it. Is it as filmy and emotional in reality as it's protrayed in Indian movies? I mean do you say all those dramatized lines in dramatized scanarios? lol I think not.

off course you are right no matter where she live but still she will be your sister and i don't deny it but i mean most of the times if your sister is living in another city or country then its her husband who is more close to her than you or any other family member and he need to provide her all sort of protection/ security and financial responsibilities etc :)

You are getting confused a bit...

The Rakshabandhan ceremony is to celebrate the sacred relationship between a brother and a sister...
It doesn't imply that only the brother has the sole responsibility to protect his sister throughout her life.....BUT as a brother you should not forget about your responsibilities towards your sister and viceversa...
Its like......you too have the responsibility NOT only you have the responsibility....understood...

^ Thanks nair saab for clarification but i mean what are the roles of pita and pati in this scenario if its only the duty of brother to take the responsibility of all sort of protection for their sisters for their entire life..

I thought when a girl is single then its her dad who take all sort of responsibilities as her brothers can be as little as 10 year old who might need protection for themselves and after marriage husband take this responsibility
According to Hindu Culture a Brothers responsibility is First Towards his Sisters Family even Before his own Family... So in a Hindu family even if the Brother is Elder most , he marries only after his Sisters marriage...

In, Olden Days according to Nair's (Suryavanshi Kshtriya ) Traditions of My State Kerala ...a Child is more associated with his Uncles Family rather then his Fathers... He/she gets the Surname as well as Equal share of Property from his Maternal Uncles Family...

The responsibility of the Maternal Uncles towards his Nephew is Considered Equal or sometimes even more then the responsibility of a Father...

The Dad and the Maternal Uncle has the First responsibility towards the girl child... & After her marriage His Brother is Considered to have equal responsibility towards her Family like her Husband...

The Main reason for this is the Girl should not get alienated from the Family after she is Married off... & The Love among the Sibling should remain thought there life...

You are getting confused...

The Rakshabandhan ceremony is to celebrate the sacred relationship between a brother and a sister...
It doesn't imply that only the brother has the sole responsibility to protect his sister throughout her life.....BUT as a brother you should not forget about your responsibilities towards your sister and viceversa...
Its like......you too have the responsibility NOT only you have the responsibility....understood...

Ok no problem

better i dont comment any more otherwise it will derail the threads..

enjoy rakhsha bandan :)

sorry to hear about your loss. what happened to her

her name is tejaswi..... she is University topper in electrical engineering... she get married in 2008, gave birth to kid in 2009 January... she came back home march 26th, next day she took her lunch.. asked me she is not feeling well so bring some juice.... after that she got convulsion or fits.... immediately we took her hospital... doc gave some medication for 2days in that hospital.... but they are unable to control convulsions.... first day she got 4 times(fits).. next day she got 10 times... so they suggested to take some other super specialty hospital... we did, but they are unable to diagnose what happen..... her health status becoming worse day by day.... doc's said don't worry we will take care of her..... but we asked, we are ready to take her any where in this world... they said you don't worry... we will take care... we spent approximately 1,00,000 each day but no use.... she asked my dad don't leave her, i am scared... within hour in 9th day she gone into unconscious stage... in 10 th day she got 30 times fits within one day..... I don't know how to tell, in 11th day she got fits each and every second.... she suffered like this for 21 days..... after 2nd week she suffered with brain dead, jaundice, blood poisoned, low BP, Low heart beat, and doc's told us her lungs with 70 % water so she is unable to breath... they controlled BP and heart beat with medicines.... finally after 20days... her heart became very low...so they removed oxygen mask infront of me... i begged them don't... but they did... she fight for 30 min's in bed.... finally at 9 am she died.... doc's unable to diagnose what exactly she suffered with.... after her health status became worse 18th day, they told us to shift another hospital, but how can we shift her in that stage..... before she going to unconscious stage she forget that she get married and her own kid.... she asked who is that kid..... i am witnessed all these.... because of her loss... my dad stopped taking food in afternoon, and whateva she likes.....

simple answer ek se bhala do aur do se bhale char:cool:

i miss my sister...... 3 years ago she died infront of my eyes....
since when telugus started celebrating rakshabandhan?

According to Hindu Culture a Brothers responsibility is First Towards his Sisters Family even Before his own Family... So in a Hindu family even if the Brother is Elder most , he marries only after his Sisters marriage...

In, Olden Days according to Nair's (Suryavanshi Kshtriya ) Traditions of My State Kerala ...a Child is more associated with his Uncles Family rather then his Fathers... He/she gets the Surname as well as Equal share of Property from his Maternal Uncles Family...

The responsibility of the Maternal Uncles towards his Nephew is Considered Equal or sometimes even more then the responsibility of a Father...

The Dad and the Maternal Uncle has the First responsibility towards the girl child... & After her marriage His Brother is Considered to have equal responsibility towards her Family like her Husband...

The Main reason for this is the Girl should not get alienated from the Family after she is Married off... & The Love among the Sibling should remain thought there life...

Don't confuse him further.....

He is saying that, after marriage, the brother should not have any responsibility as everything will now be in the Husband's hand...

And I was trying to correct him by explaining that.....after marriage, even though the Husband assumes a greater role in a woman's life......still, as a brother you should always be ready to help your sister whenever she needs YOUR help........as simple as that....

i think u talk about muslim family in india hum 2 humare 4 aur unke 16.(that is vary common in indian muslim family):angel:
poor hindus always try to look through their muslim prism and then blame pakistanis for looking from islamic prism.:no:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom