What's new

Happy Raksha Bandhan

Ajtr totally twisted the sanctity of rakshabandhan..... And comparisons with untouchability etc are totally ridiculous.
But I think she just wants to oppose blindly without having a clue of the sentiments involved.

Rakshabandhan is absolutely not seen as a male domination tool. Neither women nor men look at it that way. It is a day that we brothers and sisters wait for to be together, to indulge in a beautiful ritual of expression and celebaration of our relationship. In lot of families brothers keep fast on this day till the time their sister ties rakhi. Yes women do not need similar protection today as they might have needed earlier and yet I believe there is a natural instinct in men to protect their women whether it is wives or sisters and there is natural instinct in women to express love and care towards men in their life. There is no overt vow that is taken in rakshabandhan but it is just a day to mark togetherness and love between brothers and sisters. And yes if protection is needed a brother will provide it regardless of a vow... many times even now we women do need protection because we are more vulnerable than men especially in physical sense. I am sure many men on this forum would have given company to their sisters if they had to step out at night or offered to stand in queues while letting his sister be comfortable, or driven their sisters to a new place instead of her going alone.... Those are not dominations but chivalry and care for their women.

Back
Top Bottom