What's new

Happy Raksha Bandhan

@danger007: Sorry to hear about your sis. My sincere condolences. Did doctor found out in the end what triggered her illness.

First of all you are an exception , not a norm:D.

There was an interesting debate in our local TV channel in which a guest said that majority of the unmarried girls (atleast in our state) fancy a big fat wedding with good amount of gold given as dowry. One nice thing about now girls out working is that they can fund themselves their gold ornaments needed during the wedding and many jewllery shops have exclusive schemes for working women.
you yourself has mentioned the norm and thereby discrediting ur previous statement as i being exception not norm.Btw every person has different individuality but norm on whole scale remains same.

Lets see about that.
Sure India will.....

Majority of Indians are not so rich and the girl moves to herhusband's family. I think you should work towards eliminating this archaic tradition which is causing mental agony to women.
If girl moving to husband's house is a norm then sure there is a norm of husband moving to girls house..otherwise ghar-jamai term could not have been plucked out of thin air.

That doesn't mean that there was no women there.
And that also doesnt mean that women need men as protector.

Good for you.
ya good for me that i can tell the sort myself.

And ajtr have come and spoiled this wonderfull thread !!!
celebration of ghulami and slavery should always be opposed and despised.

AJTR if you don't like raksha bandhan stay out off thread.... please........ I don't know about your brother.... but we are not like your brother.... don't bring male-female domination here.....
I'm not bring any thing here im just highlighting the bad intentions which already been there since centuries.

And except for the exceptions like you women in India are too happy to celebrate this festival of male chauvinism.
Stockholm syndrome of centuries old traditions imposed on girls as i said before.

@danger007: Sorry to hear about your sis. My sincere condolences. Did doctor found out in the end what triggered her illness.

no bro... actually those doc's treatment cause more damage to her health.... they didn't diagnosed properly... but tried all kinda medicines by assuming disease.... they tried to grab money as much as possible... they said she will be ok within week (she is conscious in that time).... later when her health go worse like brain dead, poisoned blood due to medication ( i guess)... they told us to take some other hospital... but we can do nothing in that situation...

@ajtr: stop bringing male and female domination here.... when my sister alive we fight with each other.... immediate day, every thing is normal...I got beautiful memories of her.... sister and brother, mother and son relation is purely exceptional to any thing.... don't drag it into any mud-slid competition....

@other members: guys please take care of your sister well....i know the pain loosing sister...

its immaterial if its a thread or a band etc .its all about the intention for which it is tied i to impose male domination as protector of woman which i despise.
Rakhi reminds me as equal to celebrating the male chauvinism.

Behan what are your views about the following verse from the Quran :

“Men are the protectors and maintainers of women because of what Allah has preferred one with over the other and because of what they spend to support them from their wealth.” - [Sûrah an-Nisâ’: 34]

you yourself has mentioned the norm and thereby discrediting ur previous statement as i being exception not norm.Btw every person has different individuality but norm on whole scale remains same.

You mean working girls saving for their gold is the norm? Are you living in this world. Its a tiny % of the total girls in India who does that.

Sure India will.....

I am waiting...

If girl moving to husband's house is a norm then sure there is a norm of husband moving to girls house..otherwise ghar-jamai term could not have been plucked out of thin air.

You and me sure know that its a term invented to ridicule men living out of his wife's property and salary. Its not the norm anywher in India..but I count on you to make this tradition acceptable.

And that also doesnt mean that women need men as protector.

Of course not...but where was this women at the time of this incident.

Stockholm syndrome of centuries old traditions imposed on girls as i said before.

Thats entirely the choice of the women in this country.

“Men are the protectors and maintainers of women because of what Allah has preferred one with over the other and because of what they spend to support them from their wealth.” - [Sûrah an-Nisâ’: 34]

You have offended ajtr...according to her women needs no protectors to which I agree completely.

You have offended ajtr...according to her women needs no protectors to which I agree completely.

I don't think that women need protectors (in that sense !) either but companions just as men need them too and each is indeed a protector and a sustainer of the other.

no bro... actually those doc's treatment cause more damage to her health.... they didn't diagnosed properly... but tried all kinda medicines by assuming disease.... they tried to grab money as much as possible... they said she will be ok within week (she is conscious in that time).... later when her health go worse like brain dead, poisoned blood due to medication ( i guess)... they told us to take some other hospital... but we can do nothing in that situation...

Taking a wild guess I suspect food poisoning bcs a similar incident happened in my city a few days back . A lot of people fell sick after eating Shawarma from a local hotel and 2 of those died. The symptoms that you described happened to the injured ones including loss of memory and fits. Anyways I think you should sue the hospital if you suspect negligence from their part.

Taking a wild guess I suspect food poisoning bcs a similar incident happened in my city a few days back . A lot of people fell sick after eating Shawarma from a local hotel and 2 of those died. The symptoms that you described happened to the injured ones including loss of memory and fits. Anyways I think you should sue the hospital if you suspect negligence from their part.

no friend.... she gave birth to a kid just two months before..... So mom went to take care of them... she didn't took outside food... she fought 21 days bro...

It happen 3 years ago still i won't get sleep properly...

Bhaijan,
how you want me to comment on that as a muslim or as a kafir.
As for info surah-al-nisa which is mainly about women is what i read only 3-4 days back for the first time.My knowledge of quran at this stage is that of a 5 yrs old.if there is surah Al-Nisa in islam then there is also accounts of Hz Aisha [ra] battling against Imam Ali in the battle of Jamal.

I'm quite confused about these two contradicting each other.But as for hindu festivals traditions i can comment with authority coz i was hindu.

Bhaijan,
how you want me to comment on that as a muslim or as a kafir.
As for info surah-al-nisa which is mainly about women is what i read only 3-4 days back for the first time.My knowledge of quran at this stage is that of a 5 yrs old.if there is surah Al-Nisa in islam then there is also accounts of Hz Aisha [ra] battling against Imam Ali in the battle of Jamal.

I'm quite confused about these two contradicting each other.But as for hindu festivals traditions i can comment with authority coz i was hindu.

Aaap mujhe 'Bhai Jaa' na kahin...at 22 I'm young enough to be your baby brother, aunty jeee ! :bunny:

All I was implying was that if one seems 'Male Chauvinistic' then so should the other; whereas I myself contend that neither is 'chauvinistic' per se but simply an expression of our love for you guys i.e we're responsible to God for you...not the other way around ! You don't have to break a leg for us...we on the other hand are obliged to do that for you ! Naturally if some people take this to mean 'superiority' then there might be some who take the 'Rakshabandhan' to be something else..but do the vast majority of brothers out there think like that when their sisters are tying a piece of string on their wrists ? I think you know the answer.

P.S Saying Hazrat Ayesha (Raziallah Tallah Anho) and calling Ali ibn Abi Talib (RA) as Imam in the same sentence - ye kiya story hai ?

no friend.... she gave birth to a kid just two months before..... So mom went to take care of them... she didn't took outside food... she fought 21 days bro...

It happen 3 years ago still i won't get sleep properly...

Just thought its an angle worth probing..Again sorry for your loss

Aaap mujhe 'Bhai Jaa' na kahin...at 22 I'm young enough to be your baby brother, aunty jeee ! :bunny:

All I was implying was that if one seems 'Male Chauvinistic' then so should the other; whereas I myself contend that neither is 'chauvinistic' per se but simply an expression of our love for you guys i.e we're responsible to God for you...not the other way around ! You don't have to break a leg for us...we on the other hand are obliged to do that for you ! Naturally if some people take this to mean 'superiority' then there might be some who take the 'Rakshabandhan' to be something else..but do the vast majority of brothers out there think like that when their sisters are tying a piece of string on their wrists ? I think you know the answer.
Lets the then rename it to like brothers day or sisters day like mother and father day.and tie the band.if concept is love and affection so lets rename it and change the stories connected with it of being protection to some affecton.

P.S Saying Hazrat Ayesha (Raziallah Tallah Anho) and calling Ali ibn Abi Talib (RA) as Imam in the same sentence - ye kiya story hai ?
something to do with Shia sect ,maulana who comes teaches me quran these days mentioned it once based him same context i questioned him regarding women in islam then he told me there are accounts of Hz.Ayesha going on war.i'll clear up with him.i'm as i said just a beginner.And finding an authoritative and knowledgeable teacher is difficult .most of time i get 10 different views on a single topics which leaves me in disarray which one to go with so i try to trust my instincts on it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom