What's new

Happy Raksha Bandhan

I bet majority of the Muslims wont know the true meaning behind fasting on Ramzan or even cutting bakras on Bakr-Eid.

Women do get rights in immovable property too.Implementation of law requires women knowing about their rights and education.

But now its the girls itself who are asking their parents for gold during their marriage.
Coming to my family 90% of gold that my family possessed was given to my sister at the time of her marriage.

whats better therapy than the do away with the tradition itself.

As a educated women yourself, you are free to move to court to ban this festival..but Iam sure even hard core feminists in India will not come to your help.

Speaking of tradition, do you think we have to do away with the tradition of women moving to husband's house after marriage.

were there any women???i didnt notice anyone except the girl.we dont expect man to protect us we ask for rights to kill groping men.like that rowdy sheeter was lynched to death by women moslesting and eveteasing.

You mean to say that a busy street in Guwahati was devoid of any women.

've 10% of the decent cultured indians who are already my friends.As for the rest 90% uncultured etholess indian men leave me not even any cultured person will be friends with them.

Be happy with your 10%

Happy raksha bandhan ajtr ji :devil:

No she is not happy :fie:.

I bet majority of the Muslims wont know the true meaning behind fasting on Ramzan or even cutting bakras on Bakr-Eid.
I'm sure majority dont even have any knoweledge of religion.and its with evey masses aof every religion.

Happy Raksha Bandhan to you all ! It sounds like a beautiful thing. :kiss3:
Rakhabandhan is like golden cage for sisters.

Rakhabandhan is like golden cage for sisters.

So you're not going to tie anything on my wrist ? :cry:

Waisee...briefly in 2-3 lines could you explain how its like a 'golden cage for sisters' ?

Oh ajtr again untouchability,if u refer veda then untouchability doesnt exist and thats what i beleive, its a disease like polio that need to b dealt with.. Nd what is devdasi? tumhe pata hai to mjhe bhi bta do.

But now its the girls itself who are asking their parents for gold during their marriage.
Coming to my family 90% of gold that my family possessed was given to my sister at the time of her marriage.
Thats selfisness of the girl who ask gold things to be given to her as dowry.I never asked nor i took any dowry to in-laws only thing my parents confirmed to was my mehar thats lying as it is in my account in gwalior rather than in pakistan.And on principle....
Bin Maange Moti Mile, Maange Mile Na Bheek(ie without asking you can get pearls but even on asking you wont get anythin.)
As a educated women yourself, you are free to move to court to ban this festival..but Iam sure even hard core feminists in India will not come to your help.
I wonder how many came with Ambedkar or ram mohan rai whe they took up fight against untouchability and sati and widow marriage respectively

Speaking of tradition, do you think we have to do away with the tradition of women moving to husband's house after marriage.
That tradition has already been done with.These days couples move to their house own rather than in-laws house.

You mean to say that a bust street in Guwahati was devoid of any women.
I mean to say i didnt see anyone on camera.

Be happy with your 10%
10% of civilized are better than 90% of uncivilized.

So you're not going to tie anything on my wrist ? :cry:
no i wont tie the rakhi.if you want i can tie friendshipband.or bhai-band but not rakhi.

Waisee...briefly in 2-3 lines could you explain how its like a 'golden cage for sisters' ?
plz check out my all posts in this thread i ve poured my thinking scattered over various posts.Why do you want to double my labour.I'm already under one labour.

Oh ajtr again untouchability,if u refer veda then untouchability doesnt exist and thats what i beleive, its a disease like polio that need to b dealt with.. Nd what is devdasi? tumhe pata hai to mjhe bhi bta do.
If you refer manu smriti/vedas etc untouchability sure does along with castes.

As for devdasi yu are educated enough to know the ills prevalied in hindu temples and societies.

no i wont tie the rakhi.if you want i can tie friendshipband.or bhai-band but not rakhi.

plz check out my all posts in this thread i ve poured my thinking scattered over various posts.Why do you want to double my labour.I'm already under one labour.

Behan...woh bhi tou eik 'Dhagei ka tukraa' hai; kiya plastic ya rubber ke 'friendship band' mein koi 'Magical Powers' hotei hain ? :wave:

Mein ne kahaa aap ke paas time hee time hai tou app merei liye eik summarized version dei dein geee....parrr pataa thaaa humein tou lift he kahaan ? :cry:

Thats selfisness of the girl who ask gold things to be given to her as dowry.I never asked nor i took any dowry to in-laws only thing my parents confirmed to was my mehar thats lying as it is in my account in gwalior rather than in pakistan.And on principle....
Bin Maange Moti Mile, Maange Mile Na Bheek(ie without asking you can get pearls but even on asking you wont get anythin.

First of all you are an exception , not a norm:D.

There was an interesting debate in our local TV channel in which a guest said that majority of the unmarried girls (atleast in our state) fancy a big fat wedding with good amount of gold given as dowry. One nice thing about now girls out working is that they can fund themselves their gold ornaments needed during the wedding and many jewllery shops have exclusive schemes for working women.

I wonder how many came with Ambedkar or ram mohan rai whe they took up fight against untouchability and sati and widow marriage respectively

Lets see about that.

That tradition has already been done with.These days couples move to their house own rather than in-laws house.

Majority of Indians are not so rich and the girl moves to herhusband's family. I think you should work towards eliminating this archaic tradition which is causing mental agony to women.

I mean to say i didnt see anyone on camera.

That doesn't mean that there was no women there.

10% of civilized are better than 90% of uncivilized

Good for you.

Behan...woh bhi tou eik 'Dhagei ka tukraa' hai; kiya plastic ya rubber ke 'friendship band' mein koi 'Magical Powers' hotei hain ? :wave:

Mein ne kahaa aap ke paas time hee time hai tou app merei liye eik summarized version dei dein geee....parrr pataa thaaa humein tou lift he kahaan ? :cry:
its immaterial if its a thread or a band etc .its all about the intention for which it is tied i to impose male domination as protector of woman which i despise.
Rakhi reminds me as equal to celebrating the male chauvinism.

AJTR if you don't like raksha bandhan stay out off thread.... please........ I don't know about your brother.... but we are not like your brother.... don't bring male-female domination here.....

its immaterial if its a thread or a band etc .its all about the intention for which it is tied i to impose male domination as protector of woman which i despise.
Rakhi reminds me as equal to celebrating the male chauvinism.

And except for the exceptions like you women in India are too happy to celebrate this festival of male chauvinism.

Back
Top Bottom