Happy New Year Iranis

Popeye Turbo

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Israel
HNY tomorrow.

:D

President Shimon Peres relayed a message of well-wishes on Thursday to the Iranian people ahead of Nowruz, the Persian New Year, which falls on Friday.

"Dear Iranian citizens, in every place where you are found, Happy Nowruz," the venerated Israeli president said in the official language of Iran during a special video interview with Israel Radio Farsi.

Peres's holiday wishes were transmitted to various radio stations and Internet outlets in the Islamic Republic.

Nowruz is celebrated on the Spring Equinox, and marks the beginning of the solar, Islamic calendar.

The secular holiday is celebrated across Iran by an array of faiths and is not exclusive to religious groups. It has been commemorated for thousands of years.

"Let's have a year of silence and peace, and forget war and threatening - we can do it and we have to do it," he urged to Iran's citizens in the broadcast.

Thanks for these kind words, and let us have a year of peace indeed.
Flag-Pins-Israel-Iran.jpg

Iranians are a very friendly and generous people. If talked with respect and understanding you will find us very friendly and accomodating. :)
Even if difference of opinion on other political issues (like status of the Palestinians) will still be there. :P
"You don't make peace with your friends, you make peace with your enemies" :)

We actually have a bit of a fake dispute. By that I mean we don't have a border issue or anything between the two nations. We have a dispute about a 3rd party which has been hyped up by religion.

We have peace with some of our Arab neighbours, so we should have peace with Iran.

Anyway, hopefully it' just a matter of time. :tup:

I'm sure I saw another post by Resurgent. He must have deleted it :D

rmi5 - nice of Obama, although I don't think it's good to wish HNY then go straight into a whole political spiel. If you're going to wish someone a HNY, just do it and leave the political stuff for another occasion.

Even though Peres touched on politics, he didn't talk about nuclear blah blah.

I'm sure I saw another post by Resurgent. He must have deleted it :D

rmi5 - nice of Obama, although I don't think it's good to wish HNY then go straight into a whole political spiel. If you're going to wish someone a HNY, just do it and leave the political stuff for another occasion.

Even though Peres touched on politics, he didn't talk about nuclear blah blah.

Yes I wrote another post, but I decided to delete it because things are moving too fast. lol :rofl:
Small baby steps. :D

Anyway I wrote that a peace settlement would be in the interest of everyone. Israel as an innovator of technology and science.
Iran as a large state with big industrial potential, resources and also becoming more advanced in science.
If there is some kind of peace then bilateral investment can start to flow and everyone would benefit.

I agree with you about the Obama thing. You should avoid politics as much as possible when making a greeting. A new year greeting should not be a platform for politics or propaganda, because that devalues the greeting and makes it not so genuine.

Yes I wrote another post, but I decided to delete it because things are moving too fast. lol :rofl:
Small baby steps. :D

Anyway I wrote that a peace settlement would be in the interest of everyone. Israel as an innovator of technology and science.
Iran as a large state with big industrial potential, resources and also becoming more advanced in science.
If there is some kind of peace then bilateral investment can start to flow and everyone would benefit.

I agree with you about the Obama thing. You should avoid politics as much as possible when making a greeting. A new year greeting should not be a platform for politics or propaganda, because that devalues the greeting and makes it not so genuine.
Now I'm going to turn this political after criticising Obama for the same thing :lol:. I think he's useless at foreign affairs.

I believe Iran's leaders want regional power and having a dominant role. This is evident with their presence in Syria, Lebanon, Gaza and attempted presence in Egypt when Morsi was briefly in power.

The irony is that Iran can have much more influence by opening itself up to the rest of the world and the likes of Israel.

As you said, the relationship is ripe to exploit in terms of tech/science. Iran has always strived in science, but has perhaps been held back because of sanctions and isolation. Of course natural resources is what Iran is known for, but it has a lot more to offer which is going to waste.

I also think a friendship with Iran would solve our problem with Lebanon and have peace there too.

Anyway, I guess you'll be stuffing your faces with Sabzi and Gundi :D I read in an Israeli paper that this is your traditional meals.

HNY tomorrow.

:D

Thanks but new Year was just 10min ago not tomorrow ,and its on Thursday not Friday .
here new year is not an Artificially accepted date like midnight so it happens on Friday ,It's up to Earth and Sun and Mathematics to decide when it's new year .and this year they decided it's will be 3:33 before 1st day of the year 1393

Back
Top Bottom