What's new

Happy independence day!

Salam..Gilgit Baltistan (Land of valors)
lalik jan.jpg

Independence day with in an Independent country. How many Independence days ? We have our independence day on 14th August. What is the point of celebrating GB independence on 1st Nov or Baluchistan independence on 11th Aug ?

Last edited:
Where are hindustaanis?

Happy Independence day btw.

Independence day with in an Independent country. How many Independence days ? We have our independence day on 14th August. What is the point of celebrating GB independence on 1st Nov or Baluchistan independence on 11th Aug ?
Stop being so skeptical. It is not celebrated it is remembered, only 14 August is celebrated. It is a historic day for us, try to understand, as today we got freedom and soon became a part of Pakistan. Only flags that fly high at Gilgit is that of Pakistan. It is a historic day, we must not forget our history, again it is only remembered.

Happy indepence day to G.B

Hist1.jpg

Hist2.jpg

Hist3.jpg

Hist4.jpg

Hist5.jpg

Hist10.jpg

Hist7.jpg

Hist9.jpg

Historic pictures of Gilgit scouts
@WAJsal @unleashed @Mr.Meap
Nice!

PAMIR TIMES | Voices of the Mountain Communities – Chinar Bagh is part of our national heritage, we will renovate and preserve it, says CM Hafeez on independence day
@unleashed

The day is significant because that was the day they declared themselves free from Dogra rule. And this was followed by accession to Pakistan. I remember not much was taught in old Pakistan about the history of the Northern Areas. Don't know now.

Happy Independence day to citizens of Gilgit Baltistan. :pakistan:

Salute to the lions of Northern Light Infantry and its parent, Gilgit Scouts.

The day is significant because that was the day they declared themselves free from Dogra rule. And this was followed by accession to Pakistan. I remember not much was taught in old Pakistan about the history of the Northern Areas. Don't know now.
It is given importance now, especially in Geography chapter, not much in history unfortunately. It should be...as it is a proud moment of our history.
regards
Salam..Gilgit Baltistan (Land of valors)
View attachment 268834
to share a fact with you guys Lalik jans is from the same place as i am from-Yasin. I have been to his Mizar a couple of times, really of our martyrs..
@Slav Defence ,@Color_Less_Sky ...

Forgot to tag you @Windjammer ..

@Side-Winder forgot to share a message on FB or Twitter, won't blame you as many are not aware of it. You can make a post on 15th of November-on 15th Gilgit acceded with Pakistan and became a part of Pakistan.

@Atanz , don't miss the thread...

It is given importance now, especially in Geography chapter, not much in history unfortunately. It should be...as it is a proud moment of our history.
regards

to share a fact with you guys Lalik jans is from the same place as i am from-Yasin. I have been to his Mizar a couple of times, really of our martyrs..
@Slav Defence ,@Color_Less_Sky ...

Forgot to tag you @Windjammer ..

@Side-Winder forgot to share a message on FB or Twitter, won't blame you as many are not aware of it. You can make a post on 15th of November-on 15th Gilgit acceded with Pakistan and became a part of Pakistan.

@Atanz , don't miss the thread...

That's a deficiency which could pose problem for Pakistan in future. I hope this is addressed for total integration of the wonderful people of this beautiful region which is strategic as well as potentially rich in natural resources.

It is part of the historical record that Gilgit & Baltistan people threw out Dogra Army on their own initiative and invited Pak forces to assume control of the region. As a Pakistani; no more & no less; I salute people of Giligit & Baltistan for their valour and love of Pakistan.

I have however been greatly disturbed by the rise of Takfiris in post Zia Pakistan and was worried that extremist forces led by TTP & Lashkar Jhangvi and their supporters in the form of JI leaders like Munawwar Hassan would continue punishing people of Gigli & Baltistan for the crime of being Shia until they are eliminated or migrate to some other place. Thankfully leadership of Gen Raheel Sharif has stemmed the tide to a great extent and Taliban Khan’s adoration of TTP also appears to be on the decline.

Another good tiding was virtual wash-out of the JI in the recent local bodies’ election. Hope that Jamaat Islami cadres realize the harm done to their popularity by their bigoted ex-Amir Munawwar Hassan.

Tourists killed at north Pakistan mountain camp - BBC News

Pakistan Shias killed in Gilgit sectarian attack - BBC News

Blast in passenger van kills three in Gilgit - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Back
Top Bottom