What's new

Happy Independence Day

Spring Onion

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
:flag: Happy Independenc Day to Pakistan tomorrow 14th August.

Kashmir, Sindh, Punjab, Sarhad (NWFP) and Balochistan we are United Pakistan.:flag: :flag:

Happy Birthday to my lovely dear country on August 14th.

{i might not be there tomorrow to great on forum so i thought to post it today.}

Gaye soap ki jaanib se dilli Eid Mubarik!

I mean Jashn-e-Azadi mubarik :D

National Day

59th Independence Day of Pakistan

published 2006-08-14

On 14 August 1947, Pakistan emerged as an independent sovereign state. On this momentous day, Muslim majority areas of Indian Sub-continent were blessed with double sense of freedom – the foreign rule came to an end and they became part of a new country where people without fear could practice their own beliefs in accordance with their faith, culture and social customs. An arduous struggle preceded the British decision to effect division of the Indian sub-Continent as per criteria mutually agreed by the major political parties – All India Muslim League and All India Congress. Due to All India Congress party’s failure to ensure proportionate representation in the government as embodied in India Act 1935.

Under the dynamic leadership of Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah, All India Muslim League on 23 March, 1940 therefore was forced to launch a campaign for a separate homeland for Muslims. The general elections of 1945-46 determined representatives character of the two contending political parties. The Muslim League swayed the election in Muslims majority areas where they saw full opportunity for leading their lives according to their cultural, moral, ethical and religious beliefs.

The new country started its journey under many handicaps but unswerving faith in Allah, discipline in ranks and unity in the face of diversity, helped the people and the fledgling state of Pakistan to survive all odds. Soon Pakistan was able to carve out a respectable status in the comity of nations and embarked upon a series of development programmes to better the lives of its people, with the help of the international community. Today, Pakistan enjoys a distinct position as an important progressive Muslim country in partnership with international community to ensure global peace and prosperity as well as elimination of global terrorism and proliferation of weapons of mass destruction. Pakistan is a vibrant democratic state with unprecedented press freedom and respect for human rights.

Despite its early age, Pakistan rightly boasts ancient history and culture with unique Islamic features. Through the centuries the land of Pakistan has been the cradle of some of the greatest civilizations the world has ever known. At the dim dawn of history, this land witnessed the flowering of the Neolithic, Kot Digian and the Indus Valley Civilization. Many more phases dominated by Hindu and Sikh philosophies enriched the cultural heritage. Finally Muslims established their rule on the land in the 10th century A.D and contributed to the development of cultural landscape which is a mosaic of ancient traditions and modernity.

Pakistan spreads out a vast landscape of 796,095 sq. km full of amazing contrasts and a great variety of people. The country offers a blend of centuries old civilizations, unspoiled valleys and the greatest mountains of the world such as the Karakorams, the Hindukush and the Hindu Raj etc. These mountains are known all over the world for their lofty peaks, vast deep and steep gores, crashing water-falls, gorgeous glaciers, grand granites, rushing rivers, singing streams, sparking snow-scrapers, and stunning slopes. Seeing is believing these spectacular natural beauty beckons everyone to come and enjoy the beauty, magnificence and splendours of Pakistan.

As it enters the 60th year of its history on 14 August, 2006, Pakistan is again launched on era of dynamic growth. Since 1999, under the statesmanship of President Pervez Musharraf and able leadership of Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz, who introduced much needed financial reforms, improved governance and bring about an all-round development of the economy. From 2000, there has been an improvement in the rate of growth, which exceeded 8 per cent in 2005, being the second highest in the world. The per capita income has reached USD 800. The macro economic indicators have shown a remarkable transformation, with foreign exchange reserves exceeding USD 13 billion, the fiscal deficit falling below 4 per cent and the Foreign Direct Investment touching record figure of over USD 3 billion. Like other parts of the world, Pakistan is facing the challenge of meeting rising demands of energy as well as water and taking appropriate measures to overcome these shortages.

Since 2000, the government’s economic strategy has been based on three pillars: liberalization, de-regulation and privatization. This strategy has paid off, in the shape of higher growth, greater competitiveness and increased employment.

Pakistan’s geo-strategic situation is highly favourable for it to provide an outlet to the sea to countries of West and landlocked Central Asia. Located at the junction of south, West and Central Asia, at the heart of a region containing the world’s largest and yet unexplored energy resources, it is in a position to provide energy corridors to Central Asia and China. It has joined a number of regional organizations, in order to participate fully in the development of the region containing about half the world’s population.

Pakistan and Romania have enjoyed cordial relations since establishment of diplomatic relations in 1964. The volume of trade between the two countries, which is in favour of Romania, falls short of the potential. Conscious of this, both countries are making serious efforts to expand business complementarities and use each other’s strategic locations for promotion of trade. Many sectors of industries have been identified in this context. Pakistan values Romania as a traditional friend and future partner in development. Pakistan is determined to increase the level of bilateral relations with Romania in political, cultural, educational and commercial areas and appreciates Romanian endeavours to achieve these mutually advantageous goals.

by Nine oClock

http://www.nineoclock.ro/index.php?page=detalii&categorie=worldnews&id=20060813-17086

Happy Independence Day to Pakistan & People of Pakistan.

ab041937 said:
Happy Independence Day to Pakistan & People of Pakistan.

Thank you,

Happy Independence day to India.... Aug 15...

Quaid-i-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah took oath as the first Governor-General of pakistan on 15 August 1947. The same day he Inaugurated the Pakistan Broadcasting Service by delivering the following address to the nation -- his first in the capacity of the Governor-General. Although the Last British Viceroy Lord Mounbatten had transfered power a day earlier, the Indian Independence Act 1947 recognized 15 August as the day of independence, and it was on this day that the nation celebrated its Independence (the celebration of 14 August as the Independence day wasn't introduced until a couple of years later).

Message to the Nation

On the occasion of the inauguration of the Pakistan Broadcasting Service: August 15, 1947

It is with feelings of greatest happiness and emotion that I send you my greetings. August 15 is the birthday of the independent and sovereign State of Pakistan. It marks the fulfillment of the destiny of the Muslim nation which made great sacrifices in the past few years to have its homeland.

At this supreme moment my thoughts are with those valiant fighters in our cause. Pakistan will remain grateful to them and cherish the memory of those who are no more.

The creation of the new State has placed a tremendous responsibility on the citizens of Pakistan. It gives them an opportunity to demonstrate to the world how can a nation, containing many elements, live in peace and amity and work for the betterment of all its citizens, irrespective of caste or creed.
Our object should be peace within and peace without. We want to live peacefully and maintain cordial and friendly relations with our immediate neighbors and with the world at large. We have no aggressive designs against any one. We stand by the United Nations Charter and will gladly make our full contribution to the peace and prosperity of the world.

Muslims of India have shown to the world that they are a united nation, their cause is just and righteous which cannot be denied. Let us, on this day, humbly thank God for His bounty and pray that we might be able to prove that we are worthy of it.
This day marks the end of a poignant phase in our national history and it should also be the beginning of a new and a noble era. Let us impress the minorities by word, deed and thought that as long as they fulfill their duties and obligations as loyal citizens of Pakistan, they have nothing to fear.

To the freedom loving tribes on our borders and the States beyond our borders, we send our greetings and assure that Pakistan will respect their status and will extend to them its most friendly co-operation in preserving peace. We have no ambition beyond the desire to live honorably and let others live honorably.
Today is Jummat-ul-Wida, last Friday of the holy month of Ramazan, a day of rejoicing for all of us wherever we may be in this vast sub-continent and for the matter of that throughout the world. Let the Muslim congregations in their thousands, in all the mosques, bow in all humility before the Almighty and thank Him for His eternal kindness and generosity, seeking His guidance and assistance in the task of making Pakistan into a great State and themselves into its worthy citizens.

Finally, let me tell you, fellow citizens, Pakistan is a land of great potential resources. But to build it up into a country worthy of the Muslim nation, we shall require every ounce of energy that we possess and I am confident that it will come from all whole-heartedly."

Pakistan Zindabad!

Soucre: Quaid-i-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah, Speeches and Statements as Governor General of Pakistan 1947 - 48. Published by Government of Pakistan, Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Directorate of Films & Publications, Islamabad

Hellooooo Everyone
Jashan-e-Azadi mubarak to all the forrum buddies and all the Pakistani nation from all the Pakistani comunity at Kabul/Afghanistan, Missing my beloved country, my city, family and everyone, But with the help of this forum i still believe i am in Pakistan with friends around :D Cheers

Warm Regards

mansoor_aq said:
Hellooooo Everyone
Jashan-e-Azadi mubarak to all the forrum buddies and all the Pakistani nation from all the Pakistani comunity at Kabul/Afghanistan, Missing my beloved country, my city, family and everyone, But with the help of this forum i still believe i am in Pakistan with friends around :D Cheers

Warm Regards

I understand how you feel. Make your self home brother! :smile:

********** 14 Agust *********

~*`Happy Independance Day`*~
*********59 years**********

---------ﺎﺑﻩﺪﻧﺯ ﻥﺎﺘﺴﻛﺎﭘ----------

@_______######################:
@_______########@#############:
@_______#######_##############:
@_______######__#####__#######:
@_______#####__######__#######:
@_______#####__######_########:
@_______#####__###############:
@_______#####__$##############:
@_______#####___##############:
@_______#####____#############:
@_______######____@###X_######:
@_______#######________#######:
@_______#########____#########:
@_______######################
##
##
##
##
##
##
##

Owais said:
********** 14 Agust *********

WOW Owais Great,
Dear bro, how can i change my name from mansoor_aq to something else like Mansoor A Qureshi

Waiting for the help

Regards

Asim Aquil said:
Gaye soap ki jaanib se dilli Eid Mubarik!

I mean Jashn-e-Azadi mubarik :D

Where is the gaye(Cow), or who is the gaye;)

Happy Independence day to all of you.

God bless Pakistan and the people living in it.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom