What's new

Happy Independence Day Pakistan | 14 August 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Talon let me prove you why we were better off as a british colony then as a pakistani

I understand your frustrations and anger, I feel the same emotions.

However, change doesn't come until people actively do something. My biggest problem with Pakistanis is that they are too indifferent to the problems that occur. We can't expect things to miraculously change without the citizens demanding a change.

In America they had segregation between white and black people and slavery, a stain on American history. The American people decided they weren't going to put up with that anymore and they ended segregation through the civil rights movement. A positive change came out of that movement.

Even Pakistan, people in Pakistan wanted democracy and they started a movement to finish dictatorship and push for democracy. They succeeded and we have a democracy today (its very flawed, corrupt, bad, unstable, etc) but its not a dictatorship. People in Quetta rallied against Raisani, and he was removed after the massacre in Quetta.

What needs to happen is a mass and active movement against terrorism, feudalism (Shahzeb Khan case was an example of a success), intolerance. Start holding people accountable. Only when the majority push for a positive change is when you'll see a positive Pakistan.

Last edited by a moderator:
where have you seen me bringing politics here?

can you quote me one example i brought politics?

I think what he means is that you are not celebrating failures - and that's not Pakistani, is it?

@darkinsky

i can understand you emotions. but when home is on fire. no one runs away from his house for better place. He always try to overcome the fire and then refurbish the house.

Pakistan is our home. its not a bravery to run away. trust me you will not get such independence and happiness you get with your family and friends in pakistan. May ALLAH bless u.

@Talon let me prove you why we were better off as a british colony then as a pakistani

1) in british colonialism, we had the same commission system we had in the old days the all the powers belonged to the governor appointed by the brits and it never was by the people, it was by the brits
How is this better? Ghulami ki adat par gi? Woh bhi firangi master?! :unsure: I for one can never be handled by some pompous gora! Esp 1 who knows not MY CULTURE and values! and tries to teach the endless names of his kings/ queens and their affairs... :blink:

2) even though we got freed, but we were ruled by same colonail rules, but we instead got the corrupt lootera feudal to rule us as compared to an honest britsh colony master
How honest were they? Seriously! Maybe you need to re read History...They were the 1st to run off crying if they were attacked! And not to forget the endless increase in taxation everytime they were in gambling debts!

3) the things were advancing in colonial era for example we still depend on colonial rules, we still have those bridges, structures, industry made by brits functioning and we still have steam engines running, did we moved ahead not? we are stuck in 1947 as i said
Do you know the ONLY places which "advanced" were the cities where they roamed...For THEIR benefits so they can make sell and so THEY can get > 50% of the profit or tax the remainder 50% in the name of the crown?

4) did we eliminate feudalism? no we didnt, we were stuck in colonial system
We did not I agree...But can I ask you what have you done about it and how by being disappointed will your next generation be living in a better condition?

5) in colonial british we never had sindhi, punjabi, pathan, baloch divide
Did they not? They had a governor general for each district...and many a times they rarely communicated and since each was EXCLUSIVELY in charge could do any means of corruption and just say it is in the name of the crown....Reporting back to UK took time soo...Many a times they ACTUALLY got away with it...and how they looted each district...have we forgotten khoinoor? They claimed it theirs and even have a story to back it by saying some raja gave it to them as a gift :blink: Just like some Raja leased some lands of Borneo to the Brookes and it ended up breaking into pieces of districts and states..they left a conflict in EACH land they left...Kashmir for India and Pakistan, Labuan for Brunei and Malayisa...some islands for Singapore and Malaysia, Sabah between Sulu, Philippines and Malaysia and so on... some other pieces for some countries elsewhere....

6) we didnt have target killings on the basis of ethnicity
THAT is new...what makes you say for installing fear and obedience they would not have turned to that?

7) we never had sunni shia divide, we never had ****** bigot kharjis claiming to bring the perfect system by beheading innocents and making uicide bombs to seeks virigns in heaven
Sunni and Shia existed long before British empire...But they were not radical...How sure are you they are not funded by your gora mastrs to make people like you prefer them and want them back?!

8) we had an upto date modern system
Nope we didnt...as far as we know, UK never let the colonies have anything up to date for fear of uprising...they only developed it enough to benefit their trades, extracted the resources, called it trading but tapped into every single field...how is that beneficial to us I dont know...

Oh lets not forget how they used/ treated the locals...

so i say in the transition from colonial to democractic freedom, we actually lost the freedom
I am not sure what sort of freedom you see in their black boots?! :unsure:

9) if you look at singapore and hong kong, these nations were also so called enslaved by british and only recently freed, but hong kong even progressed better than china, india and all others
Want to know why? They ACTUALLY implement the laws and people ACTUALLY want to change..they dont just sit down with a negative mind and whine!

10) india, bangladesh, srilanka have all moved ahead from colonialism, why its only pakistan which is stuck in colonial era, its because of feudalism
WHY? because we have a narrow view...we never looked far from 5 years...we never decided to stay in Pakistan hell MQM still calls themselves Muhajirs...as in they are not settled? Aur kithay jana hai?

And then we have not had a stable govt like India, Sri Lanka or Bangladesh...we have been at war forever....its either civil war or some itchy neighbour...

we support more migrants, we have few RICH idiots who have no hearts, dual nationality and are juicing both countries...they have land in Pakistan but live abroad.. which could easily be used for those actually living in Pakistan...I am not talking about 1 or 2 houses but VAST EMPTY land ....we have people who keep exporting their talents abroad...we have corrupt sh1t on every level...we have alot of crap...But we are still alive that itself is to celebrate...

Instead of seeing the crap around you, try thinking of ways to help get out of the crap....Instead of looking at 200 problems, take 1 and focus on it...gather resources and combat it...dont cry the govt didnt do...the govt aint gonna do nothing!

Let me give you an example of sahiwal...the businessmen there gathered their own money and invested in the infrastructure and now they benefit from it...koi 1 project utha lo...plan it..promote it, get funds and SEE IT HAPPENS...dont leave it half way like our govt!

Do something...IF THEN NOTHING HAPPENS...then we will visit you in the depressed ward...hospital ka naam bata day na!! ;)

However, change doesn't come until people actively do something. My biggest problem with Pakistanis is that they are too indifferent to the problems that occur. We can't expect things to miraculously change without the citizens demanding a change.

In America they had segregation between white and black people and slavery, a stain on American history. The American people decided they weren't going to put up with that anymore and they ended segregation through the civil rights movement. A positive change came out of that movement.

Even Pakistan, people in Pakistan wanted democracy and they started a movement to finish dictatorship and push for democracy. They succeeded and we have a democracy today (its very flawed, corrupt, bad, unstable, etc) but its not a dictatorship. People in Quetta rallied against Raisani, and he was removed after the massacre in Quetta.

What needs to happen is a mass and active movement against terrorism, feudalism (Shahzeb Khan case was an example of a success), intolerance. Start holding people accountable. Only when the majority push for a positive change is when you'll see a positive Pakistan.

well the change happens with the evolving of the democratic system, but the change doesnt same to happen as you call in urdu (irteqa ke marahil), its a very naturl phenomenon but pakistan is the only country in the world which has been stuck since 1947

who doesnt change with time? everybody, everything changes, but pakistan is one unique country which has been frozen with time, no change nothing

musharraf did many changes, when feudals arrived they were supposed to move forward but we were back to square one

mushy was the only democratic dictator, but neither he nor other dictators changed the feudal system of pakistan

feudalism is the prime reason why bangladesh broke from pakistan you can see this article right here

http://www.defence.pk/forums/national-political-issues/270868-imperfect-democracy-ikram-sehgal.html

and you know what no body even bothered to reply

it was a very nice effort, but it was cruelly ignored

similar example is Muslims of India pushed for Pakistan...You see when you have a dream (i have a dream wali speech hi dekhlo) and MAKE IT HAPPEN....IT CAN HAPPEN!!

the land got independence? how can the land get independence if the people arnt free?

the pakistani land would happily move to UK like @Talon too if it had a free will

:rofl: though I was brought up outside and have been out for almost 3 decades now...My passport is still Pakistani coz my dad said jahan marzi ghumlo akhir mein Pakistan hi jana hai....

The ONLY problem with Pakistan is that the people ARE EXPECTING someone to clean up their crap....Dude grow up and clean it yourself!

In USA, UK people will work in KFC, MCD whatever just to earn and gain money why dont the youths do that in Pakistan...coz they are more afraid of hawwww neighbours kiya kahain gay....family kiya bolay gi...well how come family and neighbours dont do their hawww when the same child is working his *** of in USA or UK?

Bus galti say Pakistan mein naa koi tarki ya small scale job ker bhat na...EVERYONE sees themselves BIG...no one wants to start small be it a waiter or whatever...they rather sit on the road/ street side than get productive...and if at young age adat nai hai then baray ho kar bhi nai reh ti!

You see in the West people do odd jobs during summer from waiter, shopkeeper to whatever so when they reach adult they have experience, they know what they want, they have references they have a habit....but in the east they are suddenly thrown to do work and when they cant find a job they go all depressed when they cant do something from nothing they are upset...

You need to build it up consistently! Seriously dont expect things...DO IT YOURSELF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom