What's new

Happy Independence Day Bangladeshis!

Why this silence from the ummah brigade, the Bangla Bhais and the BNP loyalists?

---------- Post added at 02:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 AM ----------

Ref. the underlined---- did'nt Kazi Nazrul name his sons; Kazi Sabyasachi and Kazi Aniruddha respectively?
Now, maybe Zakira can spend some time now researching the Arabic/Islamic antecedents of those names.

Yes.

And he did not want to go to BD.

Why this silence from the ummah brigade, the Bangla Bhais and the BNP loyalists?

---------- Post added at 02:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 AM ----------

Yes.

And he did not want to go to BD.

Do you mean Zakira; for that he must be eligible for a visa in the first place. ;)

India has a jolly good anthem.

It was for the BDs who are confused as to who they are.

Pakistanis? Jolly thumping fundoos? Or just Bengalis?

“jolly good anthem” how very quaint, confused as to who they are? Well since I know that I am a patriotic BANGLADESHI, then the above excludes me.

Bangladesh is secular
It's not a question of religion
Both Kazi Nazrul & QA Jinnah weren't exemplary Muslims

The problem is BD anthem is written by Indian national poet who also wrote the Indian national anthem
This fact irks many Bangladeshis
When I hear that Tagore is the only person in history to Penn national anthems of two nations( BD & IND)
It doesn't make us proud. It makes us look like lackeys of India

The wording and timing of the song is also pan Bengali not just Bangladeshi
Which also conflicts with Bangladeshi nationalism

Mr Tiki i still say you are a fake, a bounder and a liar: prove you fought in the liberation war else hide your head in shame. I AM STILL WAITING!

Why don't you find out from those who visited us during our celebrations of Vijay Diwas at Fort William?

I have no shame in participating in doing what I think I should have done for the land of my ancestors, Proud to have done so.

Never realised that there would be such traitors being born thereafter to make me sad that my land could breed such sums who prefer rape and devastating as their birthright!

Please forgive me that I did not realise that rape and devastation is the birthright of the generations that followed the East Pakistanis who were ravaged and raped!

I apologise for Indians for the so called Liberation when rape was what one wanted!

Why don't you find out from those who visited us during our celebrations of Vijay Diwas at Fort William?

I have no shame in participating in doing what I think I should have done for the land of my ancestors, Proud to have done so.

Never realised that there would be such traitors being born thereafter to make me sad that my land could breed such sums who prefer rape and devastating as their birthright!

Please forgive me that I did not realise that rape and devastation is the birthright of East Pakistanis.

I apolise for Indians for the so called Liberation when rape was what one wanted!

Come on provide SOME proof that you fought on our side or are you one those that take the credit for others valor?

Bangladesh is secular

The problem is BD anthem is written by Indian national poet who also wrote the Indian national anthem
When I hear that Tagore is the only person in history to Penn national anthems of two nations( BD & IND)
It makes us anything but proud. It makes us look like lackeys of India

He was a Bangladeshi.

Nazrul a West Bengali.

Do you have anything in between?

Come on provide SOME proof that you fought on our side or are you one those that take the credit for others valor?

I don't have to prove to you.

Ask Aqim Aquil who is one of the head honchos at PDF.

And anyway, who cares?

BD is independent and damn all it was because of my two penny ha'penny effort.

The effort is that of the IA and the Mukti Bahini and the rest is history!

I am but a part of many cogs that made history.'

I take pride that you are no longer an appendage!

It is not material if you are with us or against us.

You have your own tryst with destiny!

Bangladesh is secular

It doesn't make us proud. It makes us look like lackeys of India

All you say is true, but thats inspired by both religion and politics/nationalism. What i am asking is the anthem inspiring, somrthing that can really arouse the people? make people proud to be Bangladeshi on hearing it?

Bangladesh is secular

It makes us anything but proud it makes us look like lackeys of India

Just the fact that Rabindranath Tagore happens to have authored the national anthems of India and Bangladesh, does not (and most importantly CANNOT) lead to the conclusion that Bangladesh is a lackey of India. The fact of the authorship is just a pure coincidence!

About the wording and timing of the song that is also a coincidence, only because Rabindranath was born when he did. But if one disregards the historical context of the composition, just the words (as they are) depict a great love of one's country.
Of course, personally I am of the opinion that the tune could have been a little different; a little more "rousing' perhaps.
But then it is'nt a "Dhano-dhaner pushpe bhora". Nor was he D.L. Roy.

All you say is true, but thats inspired by both religion and politics/nationalism. What i am asking is the anthem inspiring, somrthing that can really arouse the people? make people proud to be Bangladeshi on hearing it?

The Pakistani anthem is quite stirring!

It is good enough for you!

Back
Top Bottom