What's new

Hamid Mir - Am I A Traitor?

She is neither respected nor progressive. I did not know that supporting Naxals constitutes progress.
well lot of Indians including myself feel it wrong to just brush aside naxals as some separatist fighters, there are very good reason why they exist. Infact you would have been one of them, had you the misfortune to be born in certain circumstances. Just killing lots of them will never solve the issue.
And yes, she is a respected author and her voice matters.

well lot of Indians including myself feel it wrong to just brush aside naxals as some separatist fighters, there are very good reason why they exist. Infact you would have been one of them, had you the misfortune to be born in certain circumstances. Just killing lots of them will never solve the issue.
And yes, she is a respected author and her voice matters.

Meh. India needs to shed half of its population. A lot of those people's lives are only marginally better than death anyway. You know what I'm saying?

Meh. India needs to shed half of its population. A lot of those people's lives are only marginally better than death anyway. You know what I'm saying?
go kill yourself then... do some good to your country.. :chilli:

There are many who have good intentions but who actions cause grievous harm to the State and her institution. In my opinion Hamid Mir is probably one of them.

Hamid Mir interviewed out and out traitors such as Braham Dagh Bugti and pursued Akbar Bugti’s case relentlessly. I heard him ask the question ‘What about Gov’t writ?’ before the assault on Lal Masjid and his vole-face after it began.

I have heard him bad mouth Pakistan my & ISI with disdain. There is little doubt that Geo group in general & Hamid Mir in particular have cause great harm to Pakistan State thru their deeds. Basically the fact is that journalism has gone ‘OTT’ in Pakistan. Vindictive and highly opinionated and arrogant journalists such as Ansar Abbasi & Hamid Mir consider themselves above the law and think they are ‘King makers’. Geo group’s constant anti Zardari policy throughout PPP’s 5 year term and Hamid Mir’s which hunt against Musharraf, his support of Akbar Bugti and Lal Masijd thugs who fought Pak Army with guns. Geo group’s highly pro PTI coverage during the election indicates that these people want to influence the general public and wanted to bring the government of their choice. Pray tell what right a non- elected group of people have to manipulate public opinion. Is Hamid Mir a king maker?

There is an urgent need for a red line which the press should not cross in the name of ‘Freedom of press’.

Is Hamid Mir a Traitor? In my humble opinion NO. Because it is quite likely that Hamid Mir thought that his actions were to safeguard Civilian Supremacy & rule of law in Pakistan. I would therefore give benefit of the doubt to Hamid Mir but not to the Jang group. The very fact that so many out & out pro-Taliban fundoos have been employed by the Jang group is clear indication that owners of this giant media group have some malaise intention. Jung Group and Hamid should be punished? Yes with heavy fines but not banned altogether. Primarily because we should not make martyrs out of very mediocre men.

536a4a05acbee.jpg
After so many previous Bingos, this one is a perfect BINGO. :D :D

Sums up all.

No Madam. Arundhati Roy is a true Intellectual who is fighting for the soul of India... :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Did U just talk bout Hamid Mir? :D :D :D :D :D

Last edited:
Good column.
Very much true. Yahyah khan jis ne Indian Army k khilaaf hathyar dalnay ka hukam dia wo tu ghaddar nahi tha but Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto jo 90,000 Pakistani Soldiers ko dialogues k zaryah negotiate kar k wapis Pakistan laya wo ghaddar kahlaya...

Good column.
Very much true. Yahyah khan jis ne Indian Army k khilaaf hathyar dalnay ka hukam dia wo tu ghaddar nahi tha but Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto jo 90,000 Pakistani Soldiers ko dialogues k zaryah negotiate kar k wapis Pakistan laya wo ghaddar kahlaya...

Nawaz Sharif had told traitor to ZAB ... I myself listened his speech during 1988 election campaign ...........

Back
Top Bottom