What's new

Half a million illegal Indians staying and working in Bangladesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
PM’s Laksam visit called off on security grounds
9 Indians arrested

UNITED NEWS OF BANGLADESH, Dhaka

A visit of the prime minister, Khaleda Zia, to Laksam in Comilla scheduled for today was postponed on security grounds, after the arrest of nine Indian citizens from the venue on Friday.
Official sources said the postponement was done after security men had arrested the Indians who came from across the border and were engaged in helping build the podium for the prime minister’s public meeting.

The Comilla police super, Aurangzeb Mahbub, told the news agency that ‘the incident appears grave and a cause of concern. Their arrest is a success of our intelligence and security network.’
The prime minister was scheduled to inaugurate an auditorium-cum-community-centre and speak at a public meeting at Laksam, 93km south-east of Dhaka.
According to preliminary investigations, the Indians led by Goutam Bhoumik came to Laksam from Agartala without passport on March 9 and stayed in a local hotel.
A week ago, Goutam also came to Laksam and conducted a recce on the meeting venue. During the investigation, it was also gathered that Goutam came to Laksam along with five others in November 2004 as well.
The arrested Indians claimed that they had ‘close contact’ with Swapan Saha, vice-president of the Laksam Upazila BNP. Swapan, however, denied such communication, the police said.
The arrested were identified as Goutam Bhoumik, 35, of Pratapgar, Dulal Sutradhar, 25, and Hari Charan Devnath, 22, from Sadhutila village, Dilip Das, 40, of Town Pratapgar, Anudev, 20, of Subashnagar, Dipan Dey, 22, Mahadev Ghosh, 31, and Khokon Das, 40, of Town Pratapgar of Agartala.

The Indians were brought to the Comilla Kotwali police from Laksam. Later, they were produced before a court and taken on a four-day remand for further interrogation.

http://www.newagebd.com/2005/mar/13/front.html

These damned illegal Indian migrant terrorists! The world should know about Indian terrorism and how it is spreading through their illegal migrants into Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Pakistan. We should have a UN finding on this issue and see whether India is a threat to regional peace and security. The Indian terrorist activities in Lahore should be an eye opener for Bangladesh. The same thing could happen here in Bangladesh with all the illegal Indian immigrants working here and doing knows what else.

These damned illegal Indian migrant terrorists! The world should know about Indian terrorism and how it is spreading through their illegal migrants into Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Pakistan. We should have a UN finding on this issue and see whether India is a threat to regional peace and security. The Indian terrorist activities in Lahore should be an eye opener for Bangladesh. The same thing could happen here in Bangladesh with all the illegal Indian immigrants working here and doing knows what else.

had u gone to a trip to mars or what??? Lahore and India??? Even if i take your words 20million vs .5 million,which is greater??? You are funny,sir.........always finding india in everything........oops,sorry raw-the terrorists........muahahahahah...

These illegal indians are threat for our national security. One other aspect of this news is that pattern how indians illegally enter into Bangladesh for work. This further expose Indian propaganda lie that Bangladeshis migrate to Indian NE. Infact because of better economic condition than indian NE, indians come illegally for work.

WHAT? Kaheda Zia is PM again? oh old jamati news!

phew, i thought Khaldea was back.

You continue your rubbish.

Illegal Indians in Bangladesh

Mohammad Zainal Abedin from Bangladesh

Though Indian government and its print media relentlessly try to prove that the Bangladeshis are intruding into India daily, and Indian BSF (Border Security Forces) personnel engage try to push the Indian Bengali speaking Muslims to Bangladesh, the reality is totally otherwise.

According to the available reports, lakhs of Indians hailing from Indian states of West Bengal, Meghalaya, Assame, Tripura, Mizoram are illegally staying in Bangladesh—from urban to the rural areas. These states are extremely poor and the Indians come to Bangladesh in search of job and better living.

Most of these Indians enter Bangladesh without passport or visa, take shelter in the houses of their relatives. In order to justify them as Bangladeshis they collect certificates and other documents from the respective authorities with the help of their relatives or the agents in exchange of money.

In course of time they start to claim that they are Bangladeshis. Some Hindus, those who do not have relatives in the urban areas introduce themselves as Muslims and provide fake permanent addresses to justify them as Bangladeshis. Due to identical language, physical appearance and structure, none doubts that they are Indian Hindus. So they can easily live in Bangladesh illegally.

In the urban areas these Indians outwardly work in buying houses, garment factories,fashion houses,freight and forwarding agencies, educational institutions, computer training centers,restaurants, advertising agencies, bars and hotels, beauty parlours , guest houses, private firms and business houses. Some of them work as car and taxi drivers and even rickshaw pullers. I personally came across more than one hundred rickshaw pullers in Dhaka City over the last couple of months.

It is learnt that some of these Indian are the agents and operatives of Indian intelligence agency—RAW (Research and Analysis Wing) and they are involved in carrying out subversive activities.They are involved in money laundering,’hoondy’ and smuggling creating devatating effects on the economy.

Besides their outwardjobs, they might have been planted in Bangladesh to carryout sabotage.

It is apprehended these RAW agents might be engaged to create anarchic situation in the
country before and after the forthcoming general elections. Abrupt increase of political killings in the country, particularly robbery in Dhaka in recent days, indicates presence of such people in Bangladesh. Arrest of nine Indian from the venue of Prime Minister’s scheduled meeting at Lakhsam proves the huge presence of RAW agents and operatives in Bangladesh.

It is difficult to ascertain the real figure of the Indians in Bangladesh who are scattered in the rural areas also. To justify the huge presence of the Indians in Bangladesh and the problems that are being surfaced let me quote a report of a Dhaka—based daily. The Choddogram Correspondent of the daily reported that about 1,100 hundred Indians illegally reside in Choddogram, a Bangladeshi Upazila that shares border with Indian state of Tripura. ]

Indians hailing from Tripura state illegally live in all the 14 unions of the Upazila. Tripura lags behind Bangladesh in every sector, having no infrastructure, particularly in the border areas. Indians daily labourers come to Bangladesh illegally to have work, sell and buy commodities in Bangladeshi bazars and meet their relatives living in Bangladesh.

Due to massive intrusion of the Indians local people of ‘Choddogram’ Upazill are becoming jobless, as the Indians work in exchange of lower remuneration than their Bangladeshi counterparts. Workers of almost 80 per cent saloons of Choddogram are Indians. These saloon workers live in Bangladesh illegally.

Many Indians are working in tea-stalls, hotels, groceries, clinics, garment factories, construction and agriculture farms. Many of them work as tailors, bus-conductors, cobblers, carpenters, masons, rickshaw pullers, etc. These Indians reside in Bangladesh enjoying the blessings of a number local influential people.

These Indians are involved in various crimes and anti-social activities. As the Indians do not have any permanent address, they commit various types of crimes, including murder, theft, robbery, rape and just sneak into Indian soil. These Indians bring narcotics like wine, ganja, opium, phensedyl, etc. from India while they smuggle ornaments, diesel, edible oil to India.

Most of these Indians are Hindus. Many of them married local girls belonging to poor families and live in Bangladesh. Some of them left their wives along with three to four children. These children deserted by their Indian fathers live subhuman lives and involve them in anti-social activities to earn their livelihood.

Choddogram is not the only Upazila, where illegal Indians reside permanently. They are available in almost all the villages of Bangladesh if there is at least one Hindu family. There prevails strong public opinion in Bangladesh in favour of arresting all the Indians who illegally enter Bangladesh and live here.

No Indian was ever killed by Bangladesh Rifles when they intruded into Bangladesh. But a survey confirms that 337 Bangladeshis were killed, 466 wounded, 491 kidnapped and 68 women raped during the last five years. BSF detained 467 Bangladeshis while they were either working in their fields or bathing or fishing in the common rivers during the same period.

Bangladeshis cannot go to plough their lands near the border with India. They even cannot fish or bathe in the common rivers. Indians plunder their houses, cattle, paddy fields, and other valuable belongings. India pushes her Bengali speaking Muslims branding them as Bangladeshis.

Under the situation, the government should immediately detect and nab the illegal Indians to avert disruptive activities in the country. It is apprehended that most these Indians will be enrolled in the voter’s list of the coming elections and they may play a vital role to elect the party of Indian choice. So these Indians should immediately be detected and deported to India. Otherwise it will be difficult to expel them in future.*

*Mohammad Zainal Abedin is a Bangladeshi researcher and journalist

http://www.bangladesh-web.com/view.php?hidType=OPT&hidRecord=0000000000000000046195

These illegal indians are threat for our national security. One other aspect of this news is that pattern how indians illegally enter into Bangladesh for work. This further expose Indian propaganda lie that Bangladeshis migrate to Indian NE. Infact because of better economic condition than indian NE, indians come illegally for work.

oh!! Now i have to believe bd has a better economy than india......dream on boys......,what you call lie is reality.........come to wb and see for yourself.........one way of distinguishing between indian and bd bengalis is their speaking of the language......we speak rar(d)i(regional derivative) and you kamrupi or bongalli......though the process is not always feasible.........and what they do is cheap labour works or work as homemaids(we have one,though she is very trusty,and has been here for a decade).....rickshaw pullers and so on...........sir,you talk rubbish.....damn, how do u come up with all this.......bd economy better than ne india(they get their part of pay for infrastructure and development from the govt)-joke of the day......hahahah

oh!! Now i have to believe bd has a better economy than india......dream on boys......,what you call lie is reality.........come to wb and see for yourself.........one way of distinguishing between indian and bd bengalis is their speaking of the language......we speak rar(d)i(regional derivative) and you kamrupi or bongalli......though the process is not always feasible.........and what they do is cheap labour works or work as homemaids(we have one,though she is very trusty,and has been here for a decade).....rickshaw pullers and so on...........sir,you talk rubbish.....damn, how do u come up with all this.......bd economy better than ne india(they get their part of pay for infrastructure and development from the govt)-joke of the day......hahahah

Well indian migration in BD is a reality as I met personally with them as well. I live in an house where 6 families are from Pakistani and we only 2 families are BD. The PK citizen did not come here by comparing whose economy is better but those particular people got better opportunity for them in BD than what they got in PK.
I dont want to compare BD economy with India as BD has its strength in some areas, and India had its own. Our unempoyment rate is 2.5% which is lowest in sub continent. Our textile industries face 25% labor shortage in day to day basis. So if somebody wants to work hard and have a job in BD then they have it. If some unskilled people find some work in India and I could not deny them, which should not be a big deal but claiming 20 million people crossed border is just another sarcastic remark only to demenize BD.

Regarding Bangla dialect, you have very little knowledge about Bangla. We dont have any definition of radri or kampuri in Bangladesh. The Kampuri you talked bout probably from North Bengal dialect adjacent to Dinajpur or something and radri is the dialect from Nadia with the mix of native Kalkatian dialect, not sure. But we have more than 20 different major dialect in Bangladesh. Like Sylehety, Chittagongian, Noakhailla, Dhakai Kutti... :cheesy:
So if you just saw Kampuri (I am not sure what the hell is that) that means you dont really saw real Bangaldeshi there as I am sure most bangladeshi speaks something which must be other than radri or Khampuri..

I have compiled the following figures which might be wrong but it should be verified in any case. It appears that the only Indian state that is doing better than Bangladesh is Maharashtra in terms of GDP -

Bangladesh $83.04 billion (2008 est.)

India $3.267 trillion (2008 est.)

GDP figures for 2006 - 2007

Maharashtra $86.48 billion

Uttar Pradesh $62.56 billion

Andhra Pradesh $53.83 billion

Tamil Nadu $49.25 billion

West Bengal $47.20 billion

Gujarat $43.33 billion

Karnataka $34.14 billion

Rajasthan $28.40 billion

Madhya Pradesh $25.64 billion

Kerala $26.54 billion

Punjab $24.67 billion

Delhi Territory $21.07 billion

Haryana $25.29 billion

Bihar $18.85 billion

Orissa $18.23 billion

Jharkhand $13.95 billion

Assam $13.00 billion

Chattisgarh $10.38 billion

Jammu and Kashmir $4.85 billion

Uttarakhand $5.15 billion

Himachal Pradesh $5.65 billion

Goa $2.48 billion

Chandigarh Territory $1.97 billion

Meghalaya $1.41 billion

Tripura $1.82 billion

Pondicherry Territory $1.25 billion

Manipur $1.28 billion

Nagaland $1.06 billion

Mizoram $597 million

Arunachal Pradesh $597 million

Sikkim $408 million

The original table that I devised is far more elaborate but I think you will get what I am trying to convey. The figures from the Indian states were very difficult to come by and I had to make some recalculations to get to these numbers but they seem accurate to me but please check them anyway.

Last edited:
I have compiled the following figures which might be wrong but it should be verified in any case. It appears that the only Indian state that is doing better than Bangladesh is Maharashtra in terms of GDP -

Gujarat $43.33 billion

Karnataka $34.14 billion

Rajasthan $28.40 billion

Kerala $26.54 billion

Punjab $24.67 billion

Haryana $25.29 billion

Bihar $18.85 billion

Orissa $18.23 billion

Jharkhand $13.95 billion

Assam $13.00 billion

Goa $2.48 billion

Meghalaya $1.41 billion

Tripura $1.82 billion

Manipur $1.28 billion

Nagaland $1.06 billion

Mizoram $597 million

Sikkim $408 million

The original table that I devised is far more elaborate but I think you will get what I am trying to convey. The figures from the Indian states were very difficult to come by and I had to make some recalculations to get to these numbers but they seem accurate to me but please check them anyway.

sir,it would have been great if you provided some links.......but,i think gujrat is placed higher than it is in the list you provided......you may also check the year of the list's compilation.......thnx.

Well indian migration in BD is a reality as I met personally with them as well. I live in an house where 6 families are from Pakistani and we only 2 families are BD. The PK citizen did not come here by comparing whose economy is better but those particular people got better opportunity for them in BD than what they got in PK.
I dont want to compare BD economy with India as BD has its strength in some areas, and India had its own. Our unempoyment rate is 2.5% which is lowest in sub continent. Our textile industries face 25% labor shortage in day to day basis. So if somebody wants to work hard and have a job in BD then they have it. If some unskilled people find some work in India and I could not deny them, which should not be a big deal but claiming 20 million people crossed border is just another sarcastic remark only to demenize BD.

Regarding Bangla dialect, you have very little knowledge about Bangla. We dont have any definition of radri or kampuri in Bangladesh. The Kampuri you talked bout probably from North Bengal dialect adjacent to Dinajpur or something and radri is the dialect from Nadia with the mix of native Kalkatian dialect, not sure. But we have more than 20 different major dialect in Bangladesh. Like Sylehety, Chittagongian, Noakhailla, Dhakai Kutti... :cheesy:
So if you just saw Kampuri (I am not sure what the hell is that) that means you dont really saw real Bangaldeshi there as I am sure most bangladeshi speaks something which must be other than radri or Khampuri..

sir,the word is kamrupi, and i assume it is spoken in the northern parts of bd.......well sir,the 20million figure is a reality(try google)......sir,i think you are confusing between legal and illegal indians in bd..........btw,can you please provide me,the figures about the aids and previeledges which are given to BPLs in bangladesh.....thnx

sir,it would have been great if you provided some links.......but,i think gujrat is placed higher than it is in the list you provided......you may also check the year of the list's compilation.......thnx.

The list was compiled in March 2008. Things would be economically much worse now in India.

But overall in the economic year,2008 the indian growth in percentage was way ahead of bd......thnx

The list was compiled in March 2008. Things would be economically much worse now in India.

Why do you say so? Indian economy still continues to grow at a phenomenal pace, second only to China.

You can say 'rate of growth may have lowered'. by no means things are 'worse' than mar 2008.

Gujarat $43.33 billion

Karnataka $34.14 billion

Rajasthan $28.40 billion

Kerala $26.54 billion

Punjab $24.67 billion

Haryana $25.29 billion

Bihar $18.85 billion

Orissa $18.23 billion

Jharkhand $13.95 billion

Assam $13.00 billion

Goa $2.48 billion

Meghalaya $1.41 billion

Tripura $1.82 billion

Manipur $1.28 billion

Nagaland $1.06 billion

Mizoram $597 million

Sikkim $408 million

Why are you citing 2008 figures for Bangladesh, and 2006 figures for Indian states? So you are comparing yourself to what India was 3 years ago and rejoicing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom