What's new

Half a million illegal Indians staying and working in Bangladesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. That's like an American moving to Guatemala to find work. Those people must be real desperate. My sympathies.

What is that sentence for??? Seems like you found a new home in USA and boosting about it... !!!!

5 lakh Indians work illegally

Dhaka to raise the issue at home secretary-level meet in New Delhi

Staff Correspondent
About half a million Indian nationals, who enter Bangladesh with tourist visas, are illegally working in various sectors and remitting millions of takas to India through hundi, revealed an intelligence agency report.
They overstay, work without permission and evade income tax, depriving the government of a huge amount of revenue, said the report recently submitted to the Ministry of Home Affairs.
‘Most of them come with tourist visas for a week or two but stay for months or years,’ said an official of the intelligence agency.
Officials at the home ministry said the issue would be raised at the home secretary-level meeting of the two neighbouring nations beginning in New Delhi on Thursday.
‘The issue will be one of the top agenda of the two-day meeting,’ a senior official of the ministry told New Age on Tuesday.
According to the report, thousands of Indian nationals come to Bangladesh on tourist visas and get employed in various jobs in the export processing zones, garment factories, information technology companies, English medium schools and textiles and fisheries industries.
‘They do not bother to seek permission for work or extend their visas,’ said the official of the intelligence agency that prepared the report after months of investigation.
Thousands of nationals from other countries also stay and work in Bangladesh the same way, but the home ministry officials time and again have failed to ascertain their number.
The home ministry official said Bangladesh would take up the issue strongly in the New Delhi meeting.
‘The Indians coming with tourist visas will have to seek permission from the Bangladesh government for working here, and pay income tax,’ he said. ‘As they work illegally, they send their earned money illegally to India.’
A 12-meeber delegation led by the home secretary, Md Abdul Karim, will leave Dhaka today to attend the meeting which will also discuss a number of contentious issues.
Fencing on the border by Indian, cross-border smuggling, the bid to push in Bangla-speaking Indian nationals, unprovoked firing and killing of innocent Bangladeshis by jawans of the Indian Border Security Force are the issues expected to dominate the discussion.
Implementing the 1974 Land Border Agreement signed by the two neighbours to exchange enclaves and hand over Bangladeshi criminals staying in India will also come up in the meeting.
Sources in the home ministry said the security aspect of the Dhaka-Kolkata express train service would be given due importance in the meeting since the issue is yet to be resolved.
The director-general of the Bangladesh Rifles, director-general of the foreign ministry, senior officials of the home ministry and Joint River Commission and additional inspector-general of police will accompany the home secretary to the eight meeting. Such a meeting is supposed to be held every year.
The last home secretary-level meeting was held in Dhaka in April 2006.

http://www.newagebd.com/2007/aug/01/front.html#4

Do you really think Indians would migrate to Bangladesh? Wow.

Anyway, if you really trust your news, do you wanna exchage the illegals? India take all its illegals in Bangla & Bangla take all its illegals in India - 20+ million.

I even saw an Indian selling MLM in Dhaka... hahahahah
I was surprised seeing his courage to cross a border only to sell MLM. :enjoy:
I am not talking about rickshaw puller who cross border from either side but an educated english speaking smart person.

It is very easy to get a work permit in BD. The company just need to send a letter to the home ministry and get that stamped. But they have to pay the taxes though.

May be we should take some snap and video. Last time I visited home few years back seen few taxi drivers from India working in Dhaka. They were driving Anudip taxi.

hey,but this list is based on immigration legally which is not with which we are concerned..........this immigrations may sometime occur due to placements by the company......thnx

Ok.. but why you guys even denied any indian migration in the first place.
Its not only Indians but a whole bunch of different nationals taking advantage of the lack of sincereness of the government and working illegally here. BD is very soft when it comes to foreigners, which is not bad but those people need to get legal status as it is very easy in BD and no hassle at all.

GOB dont issue work permit for salesman, taxi drivers, office workers or garments workers etc. According to law work permit should issued only specialized skilled workers. But most indians come abusing tourist visa or simply crossing border illegally. And those that come using work permit do not renew them to avoid paying any taxes.

GOB dont issue work permit for salesman, taxi drivers, office workers or garments workers etc. According to law work permit should issued only specialized skilled workers. But most indians come abusing tourist visa or simply crossing border illegally. And those that come using work permit do not renew them to avoid paying any taxes.

Well they can still get some legal cover, through their sponsor, if any. I also saw companies who themselves bring employee and send them outside country after every 3 mos to renew their tourist visa.

I dont know you ever gone to CHT EPZ area you will find a whole bunch of Thai, Chineses workers. They are easily visible than Indians/Pakis as they look different. :cheesy:

Its no big deal in BD brother. Its better to have them legally than illegaly.

I do agree in case of EPZ (export processing zone). But as far as the workers are concern, I think EPZ operates under different rules than rest of the country. For EPZ they can obtain work permit for FDI from EPB/BOI.

As far tourist visa cover up you described, I have seen that. Infect I have seen it in couple of places.

The Indians seems to have disappeared from this thread. Understandable now that they can't talk about illegal immigration from Bangladesh. I wonder whether these illegal Indian immigrants pose a security threat to Bangladesh. Should we have a program to drive these illegal Indians out of Bangladesh. They are probably a strain on our resources and taking money out of the country. If India continues to provoke us on illegal immigration we now have something to hit back with. We will start pushing their illegal immigrants back into India and if the BSF protest we will shoot at them like they do to us.

The Indians seems to have disappeared from this thread. Understandable now that they can't talk about illegal immigration from Bangladesh. I wonder whether these illegal Indian immigrants pose a security threat to Bangladesh. Should we have a program to drive these illegal Indians out of Bangladesh. They are probably a strain on our resources and taking money out of the country. If India continues to provoke us on illegal immigration we now have something to hit back with. We will start pushing their illegal immigrants back into India and if the BSF protest we will shoot at them like they do to us.

You seem to be a whimsical person always expect response to your or your countrymen s non-nonsensical posts.
There are millions of Bangladeshi's in India. Now Bangladesh should work out a plan to get Indians out of Bangladesh and vice-versa. Illegal Bangladeshis are real suckers.

These indians are not only threat but a national threat. Read the following nes how indians illegally came from NE state and even infiltrated.

PM’s Laksam visit called off on security grounds
9 Indians arrested

UNITED NEWS OF BANGLADESH, Dhaka

A visit of the prime minister, Khaleda Zia, to Laksam in Comilla scheduled for today was postponed on security grounds, after the arrest of nine Indian citizens from the venue on Friday.
Official sources said the postponement was done after security men had arrested the Indians who came from across the border and were engaged in helping build the podium for the prime minister’s public meeting.

The Comilla police super, Aurangzeb Mahbub, told the news agency that ‘the incident appears grave and a cause of concern. Their arrest is a success of our intelligence and security network.’
The prime minister was scheduled to inaugurate an auditorium-cum-community-centre and speak at a public meeting at Laksam, 93km south-east of Dhaka.
According to preliminary investigations, the Indians led by Goutam Bhoumik came to Laksam from Agartala without passport on March 9 and stayed in a local hotel.
A week ago, Goutam also came to Laksam and conducted a recce on the meeting venue. During the investigation, it was also gathered that Goutam came to Laksam along with five others in November 2004 as well.
The arrested Indians claimed that they had ‘close contact’ with Swapan Saha, vice-president of the Laksam Upazila BNP. Swapan, however, denied such communication, the police said.
The arrested were identified as Goutam Bhoumik, 35, of Pratapgar, Dulal Sutradhar, 25, and Hari Charan Devnath, 22, from Sadhutila village, Dilip Das, 40, of Town Pratapgar, Anudev, 20, of Subashnagar, Dipan Dey, 22, Mahadev Ghosh, 31, and Khokon Das, 40, of Town Pratapgar of Agartala.

The Indians were brought to the Comilla Kotwali police from Laksam. Later, they were produced before a court and taken on a four-day remand for further interrogation.

http://www.newagebd.com/2005/mar/13/front.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom