What's new

Half a million illegal Indians staying and working in Bangladesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have compiled the following figures which might be wrong but it should be verified in any case. It appears that the only Indian state that is doing better than Bangladesh is Maharashtra in terms of GDP -

Bangladesh $83.04 billion (2008 est.)

India $3.267 trillion (2008 est.)

GDP figures for 2006 - 2007

Maharashtra $86.48 billion

Uttar Pradesh $62.56 billion

Andhra Pradesh $53.83 billion

Tamil Nadu $49.25 billion

West Bengal $47.20 billion

Gujarat $43.33 billion

Karnataka $34.14 billion

Rajasthan $28.40 billion

Madhya Pradesh $25.64 billion

Kerala $26.54 billion

Punjab $24.67 billion

Delhi Territory $21.07 billion

Haryana $25.29 billion

Bihar $18.85 billion

Orissa $18.23 billion

Jharkhand $13.95 billion

Assam $13.00 billion

Chattisgarh $10.38 billion

Jammu and Kashmir $4.85 billion

Uttarakhand $5.15 billion

Himachal Pradesh $5.65 billion

Goa $2.48 billion

Chandigarh Territory $1.97 billion

Meghalaya $1.41 billion

Tripura $1.82 billion

Pondicherry Territory $1.25 billion

Manipur $1.28 billion

Nagaland $1.06 billion

Mizoram $597 million

Arunachal Pradesh $597 million

Sikkim $408 million

The original table that I devised is far more elaborate but I think you will get what I am trying to convey. The figures from the Indian states were very difficult to come by and I had to make some recalculations to get to these numbers but they seem accurate to me but please check them anyway.

Absolutely misleading stats.

GDP of a country is not a determinant of a prosperity of a nation. GDP/capita is. Anyways , the GDP of New Zealand (4 million people ) is approx 140 billion, compare this with 80 billion of Bangladesh shared by 170 million people !!

Bangladeshi GDP/c is approx $463. India is $941. India's GDP/c is more than double of Bangladesh. If Bangladesh was an Indian state, it would have been the most poor state of India. Below Bihar and Orissa .

Remember this next time, when you qoute misleading stats !!

Why are you citing 2008 figures for Bangladesh, and 2006 figures for Indian states? So you are comparing yourself to what India was 3 years ago and rejoicing?

Actually only a few minor states are of 2006 figures but the large ones are 2007 so it is only by a year that there is a difference with Bangladesh and there are no figures available for Indian states for 2008. The point is apart from Maharashtra none of the other states could catch up to Bangladesh in a matter of only one year.

Since these statistics were produced by the CIA and the Indian government there is nothing for me to manipulate. It is very easy to mislead by claiming the figures for an entire nation and comparing it to another but many Indian States are of equal or bigger size to Bangladesh in both geography and population but are doing massively worse off. That is the point of me releasing these statistics. All the Indian States surrounding Bangladesh have economies that are about 30% smaller or even less than ours which is absolutely shocking and shows the true poverty of India. If only the Indian population knew the true facts and how prosperous Bangladesh is compared to their states. In fact, many do know and that is why there are 5 lakh illegal Indian immigrants in BD.

GDP of a country is not a determinant of a prosperity of a nation. GDP/capita is. Anyways , the GDP of New Zealand (4 million people ) is approx 140 billion, compare this with 80 billion of Bangladesh shared by 170 million people !!

Bangladeshi GDP/c is approx $463. India is $941. India's GDP/c is more than double of Bangladesh. If Bangladesh was an Indian state, it would have been the most poor state of India. Below Bihar and Orissa .

Yet It's your so called wealthy government urge it's starving citizen to eat *** to fight hunger. Smell the reality coffee next time..........

http://www.defence.pk/forums/curren...als-ask-starving-indians-eat-rodents-bbc.html

Last edited:
Why do you say so? Indian economy still continues to grow at a phenomenal pace, second only to China.

You can say 'rate of growth may have lowered'. by no means things are 'worse' than mar 2008.

As of Today, It is BD that is second among the developing country after China according to World Bank and ADB after the financial fallout. Thanks

It is the FDI which was flowed in Indian/Pakistani Economy and capital market created this inflated GDP figure. See the phenomenal growth only within last 4/5 years which shoot the GDP/Capita so high. I call it a paper money. We received virtually no FDI and the growth you see in BD is real growth figure which reflects the overall economy.

Thanks

sir,the word is kamrupi, and i assume it is spoken in the northern parts of bd.......well sir,the 20million figure is a reality(try google)......sir,i think you are confusing between legal and illegal indians in bd..........btw,can you please provide me,the figures about the aids and previeledges which are given to BPLs in bangladesh.....thnx

Bangladesh and WB both have northern part and only a political border does not really devide a language or dialect.
One of your BJP minister once said it is 20 million and all the media and you guys started rephrasing it like a parrot. There was no scientific ground to that, and even if they did migrated from BD in anytime in History, they are still Indian Citizen.
Will you take back all your Bihari people who still live in BD and migrated from Bihar and other part of India after 1947, forget WB and Tripura people who already merged with the mainstream poplulation. I just came from a person's home who is originally from Calcutta and a very funny person (He still talks like some WB movie star, and he finds some dialog from movie in his every sentence). Very funny indeed.

Regardin aid and rationing. No we dont have 3Tk/Kilo rice in Bangladesh as that program was terminated long ago and no need for that here. Govt is trying to introduce a rationing mechanism only to control the market price like 18Tk/Kilo rice. Even for the last few weeks they are not finding people who can collect OMS rice which is sold in below market price as there is no buyer for that.
People dont die here for starvation. We have relief operation after major disastar like cyclone or flood.
Well we have pension scheme for every adult (60 years or above) and widow who get govt money every month. We have massive NGO's who creates jobs in rural areas. We also have guaranteed job scheme.

Last edited:
As of Today, It is BD that is second among the developing country after China according to World Bank and ADB after the financial fallout. Thanks

BS!
Wonder where you get all the crap from? Give us credible sources.
Bangladesh was growing at a rate of 6.5% in 2008 before the world economy went into recession, and we are having a growth rate of 7.3% during recession and China has a rate of 7.9%.

Originally posted by MBIMunshi:

Actually only a few minor states are of 2006 figures but the large ones are 2007 so it is only by a year that there is a difference with Bangladesh and there are no figures available for Indian states for 2008. The point is apart from Maharashtra none of the other states could catch up to Bangladesh in a matter of only one year.

Complete crap. I can say you know nothing about economy, without even going through the entire post. No financial institution comes up with figures which are half belong to one year and the other half belonging to another year. CIA doesnt compare Indian states, WB/IMF does. Considering India was growing at 9.1% in 2007-2008 even a month old figure makes enormous difference.

Just to mention how bogus your figures are, India doesnt release state revenue in form of GDP but in form of GDSP which cannot be put along with the GDP list as they are two completely different set of figures suggesting completely different things. Maharashtra has a GDSP of about $1.2 billiion and Mizoram has a GDSP of about $74 million. So if I go by your logic and put in Bangladesh, you would be ranked below 16 Indian states.

Originally posted by MBIMunshi: Since these statistics were produced by the CIA and the Indian government there is nothing for me to manipulate. It is very easy to mislead by claiming the figures for an entire nation and comparing it to another but many Indian States are of equal or bigger size to Bangladesh in both geography and population but are doing massively worse off. That is the point of me releasing these statistics. All the Indian States surrounding Bangladesh have economies that are about 30% smaller or even less than ours which is absolutely shocking and shows the true poverty of India. If only the Indian population knew the true facts and how prosperous Bangladesh is compared to their states.[/B] In fact, many do know and that is why there are 5 lakh illegal Indian immigrants in BD.

Bangladesh has 45% living below the poverty line. That is by your currency standards. India has 24.3% living below poverty line by our currency. If we choose INR as a measuring tool, Bangladesh would have 65% below the poverty line(INR is about 1.5 times Taka), and if we choose Taka as the measuring tool India would have 15% below the poverty line and Bangladesh would have 45 %.

So again, dont go over the top with bogus facts. Bangladesh has a long way to go, first try and match Pakistan in economy.

Last edited:
One of your BJP minister once said it is 20 million and all the media and you guys started rephrasing it like a parrot.

If i am not wrong that BJP Minister had said 30 Million....:whistle:

godsavetheworld

Brother iajdani & MBI Munshi are correct Bangladesh is doing much better than India.
May be RAW is Helping them here also. Not possible but after reading everything about RAW activities I am not sure.

arnt the pakistani economy way better then indians????

It might be true that there might be some illegal Indians taking refuge in BD. Have a look at this World bank emigration report (2005), you will see that Bangladesh to India emigration is second top migration corridor. 9% of BD GDP corresponds to remittances while it is peanuts when Indian remittances compared to Indian GDP.

http://siteresources.worldbank.org/INTPROSPECTS/Resources/334934-1199807908806/Top10.pdf

India has close to 5 million BD illegal immigrants, it is a lot compared to half a million Indian illegal immigrants. BDs illegals are indeed a security threat to India. Weed out them as soon as possible.

These indians are not only threat but a national threat. Read the following nes how indians illegally came from NE state and even infiltrated.

rephrase your stupid comment. they come through WB and NE states, some rikshaw pullers from Bihar. Not come from NE states. If it was not the NE states, those millions of bangladeshis living in NE states would have died of hunger .

Except some millitants from NE states, no one would even waste his time thinking about being in bangladesh.

Last edited:
BS!
Wonder where you get all the crap from? Give us credible sources.
Bangladesh was growing at a rate of 6.5% in 2008 before the world economy went into recession, and we are having a growth rate of 7.3% during recession and China has a rate of 7.9%.

Your current growth rate is 5.3%. Its cooling down bro...
FT.com / Asia-Pacific - India?s GDP growth slows sharply to 5.3%
On top of that, I dont count on those paper growth rate that you had 9% or so through capital market balooning which just burst now.

Bangladesh has 45% living below the poverty line. That is by your currency standards. India has 24.3% living below poverty line by our currency. If we choose INR as a measuring tool, Bangladesh would have 65% below the poverty line(INR is about 1.5 times Taka), and if we choose Taka as the measuring tool India would have 15% below the poverty line and Bangladesh would have 45 %.

So again, dont go over the top with bogus facts. Bangladesh has a long way to go, first try and match Pakistan in economy.

seems like you are inventing new ECONOMICS here. You just calculated the figure in the other way around when you compared BD currency with Indian currency. We got almost the same price index as of WB still our currency is 68.9 and india has around 48.9. So .. do the math.

Bangladesh has 35% (not 45%) below poverty line and its by our own standard not by Indian standard and its reducing 2% a year. I had been hearing about 25% indian poor for the last two decades and it remained unchanged for some very suspicious reason and beyond my knowledge.

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom