What's new

Half a million illegal Indians staying and working in Bangladesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
godsavetheworld

Brother iajdani & MBI Munshi are correct Bangladesh is doing much better than India.
May be RAW is Helping them here also. Not possible but after reading everything about RAW activities I am not sure.

Yes we are doing better.. No complaint... Thanks

If i am not wrong that BJP Minister had said 30 Million....:whistle:

Within a span of hours it shooted up from 20 million to now 30 million. Guinese Record in illegal migration?? Good going ...:rofl::rofl:

http://www.unafei.or.jp/english/pdf/PDF_rms/no62/India(1).pdf
According to Migration News July 2001 Volume 8 Number 7, it was estimated in May 2001 that there were at least 12 million illegal Bangladesh migrants in India’s northeastern states.

Who wrote that paper?? Some indian ofcourse (may be some university thesis paper) as no Japanese have time to go and ponder on NE of India.
And people from outside collect data only from Indian source anyways.

rephrase your stupid comment. they come through WB and NE states, some rikshaw pullers from Bihar. Not come from NE states. If it was not the NE states, those millions of bangladeshis living in NE states would have died of hunger .

Except some millitants from NE states, no one would even waste his time thinking about being in bangladesh.

As you are from NE, I just need to point you some important aspect of Bangladesh regarding NE. First NE is culturally and languistically very close to BD and we in BD have a feeling for you guys in a good way. Your business representative just asked govt here to open BD consulate in Gowhati and BD is actively considering that. Your future and prosperity will largely depend on your central govt as well as BD. BD is actively considering to facilitate transit, trans asian highway and railway. Also a lot of investment is going in your way from BD recently. Also NE could be a hub for chinese to use ports through BD. So what you are doing by instigating communal violence in NE will not going to do any good to you rather will cause serious damage in the relationship with BD.

Bangladesh has 45% living below the poverty line. That is by your currency standards. India has 24.3% living below poverty line by our currency. If we choose INR as a measuring tool, Bangladesh would have 65% below the poverty line(INR is about 1.5 times Taka), and if we choose Taka as the measuring tool India would have 15% below the poverty line and Bangladesh would have 45 %.

So again, dont go over the top with bogus facts. Bangladesh has a long way to go, first try and match Pakistan in economy.

Again you are looking at India in aggregate but it is much more fruitful to see how the individual states of India are performing and the statistics show that they are much worse off than Bangladesh especially those that surround BD. BD should not feel threatened if India cuts off trade with BD because the Indian economy will collapse within months. The Indian economy is really that fragile.

Who wrote that paper?? Some indian ofcourse (may be some university thesis paper) as no Japanese have time to go and ponder on NE of India.
And people from outside collect data only from Indian source anyways.

It was written by a Bangladeshi. Take a look ...:cheers:

If only the Indian population knew the true facts and how prosperous Bangladesh is compared to their states. In fact, many do know and that is why there are 5 lakh illegal Indian immigrants in BD.
Interesting observation there.

Wonder if you are aware that from migration point of view, Bangladesh is placed at #162 with a Net Migration Rate of -0.65 per 1000 (for 2008). CIA however estimates that NMR for Bangladesh would be -2.53 in 2009. OUCH (thats gonna leave a mark)

For India the rank is #137 and NMR is -0.05/1000.

OOPS.

It seems, Bangladeshis are abandoning their "prosperous" "sonar" (golden) Bangla faster than the poor of this land of poor.

Ref:
nationmaster.com/red/graph/imm_net_mig_***-immigration-net-migration-rate&int=-1

cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/bg.html

PS: The "***" is r.a.t without the fullstops.

Last edited:
It was written by a Bangladeshi. Take a look ...:cheers:
If it is a Bangladeshi and if he/she shows India in good light then he/she is either RAW agent or AL sympathizer (in which case, he/she is automatically RAW).

Don't you know this simple fact of life?

First of all, data provided for Indian GDP earlier was in terms of PPP not in real term. But Bangladesh GDP was provided in real term which was $83 billion. Bangladesh GDP in PPP term:

2007 around $356 billion (GDP growth was over 6%)
2008 around $377 billion (GDP growth projected for 2008-2009 about 6%)
(Estimated as there is still 2 months before economic year end. Bangladesh economic year start in June)

Country Fast Facts:Bangladesh - CBS News

Besides, these correction, there are significant amount of non traditional (in terms of western calculation standard) economic output that does not get register in the GDP calculation. This oversight by western calculation has added benefit for us and I will just leave it at that without any elaboration.

But I will say this, every foreigner including indiians who set foot in Bangladesh concur that economic data and image does not reflect real Bangladesh. My indian teachers and friends from university who had gone from US to Bangladesh said the same.

(Note: CIA fact book, WB and few other sources for Bangladesh GDP is misleading. Because in 2007 comparison calculation that is used for PPP calculation by CIA, WB etc were changed for few countries and unfortunately Bangladesh GDP was made wholesale victim of the change without any relevancy and reason)

Last edited:
Your current growth rate is 5.3%. Its cooling down bro...
FT.com / Asia-Pacific - India?s GDP growth slows sharply to 5.3%
On top of that, I dont count on those paper growth rate that you had 9% or so through capital market balooning which just burst now.

You're being stupid. India is growing at 5.3% in the current fiscal, and Bangladesh is growing at 4.8%.

Bangladesh to have a growth of 4.8%: WB

All countries having high growth rate have a corresponding high capital market. Bangladesh's capital is nowhere close to India. You cannot have a high growth rate without having a high capital market.

Bangladesh has 35% (not 45%) below poverty line and its by our own standard not by Indian standard and its reducing 2% a year. I had been hearing about 25% indian poor for the last two decades and it remained unchanged for some very suspicious reason and beyond my knowledge.

Thanks

That is because you're knowledge is limited. % of people living below the poverty line has come down from 78% in 1947 to 24.3% in 2005.

I don understand why you have to compare India and Bangladesh, when there is no comparision anywhere. By the time you attain a state of the economy similar to ours, we'll be in the top 3 in the world. And its not I, who says so, its GoldmanSacchs. And Irish are extermely money-minded.

Last edited:
http://www.hcidhaka.org/pdf/Political%20and Economic relations.pdf
On the economic assistance side, India, as always, has stood by Bangladesh in its hour of need with aid worth over Taka 250 crore (over US $ 37 million) to help it cope with natural disasters and floods in the past one year (2007-08). India is working with Government of Bangladesh for rehabilitation of ten cyclone-affected villages in the southern part of Bangladesh.
-----------------------------------------------
RAW at work. (Above link - HIGH COMMISSION OF INDIA, DHAKA)

It really isn't.

Indian Eastern states are no better than Pakistan's tribal areas. Commies have taken over and the writ of the government is non-existent. By comparison, Bangladesh is civilization and these people have more in common with the Bangladeshi culture than they do with the rest of India.

How grossly wrong you are.

The people(natives) of Arunachal, Assam, Tripura, Mizoram have nothing in common with Bangladesh.

Also, do your tribal areas have 100% literacy rate? Because Mizoram does. Commies have not taken over? What does that mean anyway? These states have properly elected govt's. There are very very few areas where the writ of the govt is non existent.

You are confusing North East India with the forest areas in Central India. North East is completely different from what you have described.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom