What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've verified the thrust from various sources ...The based on different websites Afterburner Thrust thrust with afterburners for GE-F404=IN20 is 20200 pounds ( 89.9KN).

F404-GE-IN20

Military Turbojet/Turbofan Specifications

India's Tejas light combat aircraft conducts first flight powered by General Electric F404-IN20 engine

About JF17 I'll check info pool again and correct something if required. Also I'll add Griffin for better comparison.

I've verified the thrust from various sources ...The based on different websites Afterburner Thrust thrust with afterburners for GE-F404=IN20 is 20200 pounds ( 89.9KN).

F404-GE-IN20

Military Turbojet/Turbofan Specifications

India's Tejas light combat aircraft conducts first flight powered by General Electric F404-IN20 engine

About JF17 I'll check info pool again and correct something if required. Also I'll add Griffin for better comparison.

Fair enough, but that's the thrust range of the engine in various varients of that engine, the quote that I posted is from GE itself and for the IN20 in LCA MK1.

Fair enough, but that's the thrust range of the engine in various varients of that engine, the quote that I posted is from GE itself and for the IN20 in LCA MK1.

Forget to quote ADA website ..
Tejas - Specifications - Powerplant

It's confirmed that after burner thrust is 89.9KN

I've also updated table, added JAS39 C Gripen to the table and corrected some JF17 spec based on info available on PAC Karma website.

Where do you see any trolling from Indian members? SMS might not have used correct data in his comparison (he corrected some of them later), but didn't made any dismissive statement against JF 17. If that is trolling, how do you rate laman12345s posts on the last page, which was the reason for this discussion.

Don't look at it so one sided please!

Sancho, kindly don't tell me my job. I spend more time on the forum then you and especially on the PAF related thread which includes JF-17's Thread. I know how much trolling happens there and by whom and what kind of trolling. your comment may be based on patriotism for your countrymen, but my comment is based on the experience of having dealt with trolls from across the border on the JF-17.

And another thing, trolling does not means you answer with a troll post. Whatever layman or whatever said in the last page, should have been reported instead of replied with trollish posts.

anyway, continue on the the discussion on the topic, which is LCA.

why is teajas has lesser service sealing than jf17,mki etc , when it has a low wing loading design which is naturally good for high altitude performance ? or is the the low wing loading not good for high altitude ?

why is teajas has lesser service sealing than jf17,mki etc , when it has a low wing loading design which is naturally good for high altitude performance ? or is the the low wing loading not good for high altitude ?

Tejas can operate in Ladakh and if required over tibet. That should be enough.

Livefist: First Combat Drill With Tejas In 3 Months

India's indigenous Light Combat Aircraft Tejas will be put to play in its first ever combat exercise in February 2013. The IAF's Iron Fist exercise over Rajasthan's Pokhran range will see a pair of Tejas limited series production fighters fly, drop bombs and perhaps fire weapons alongside IAF Su-30s, Mirage-2000s and MiG-21s. The type is scheduled to achieve the second phase of its troubled initial operational clearance (IOC-2) by September 2013.

In separate information made available today by the IAF chief, the air force's four MiG-27 squadrons will be retired by 2016-17, while two MiG-21 Type 96 squadrons currently committed to fast jet training will revert to full operational duties next year as the BAE Hawk fleet fully integrates with the IAF lead-in training syllabus. By 2020, the upgraded MiG-29 Fulcrum will be the only MiG series aircraft left in IAF service (the Indian Navy will operate its MiG-29Ks well beyond 2020).

Sancho, kindly don't tell me my job. I spend more time on the forum then you and especially on the PAF related thread which includes JF-17's Thread. I know how much trolling happens there and by whom and what kind of trolling. your comment may be based on patriotism for your countrymen, but my comment is based on the experience of having dealt with trolls from across the border on the JF-17.

I didn't commented on your job as a Mod, but on the personal statement that you have posted, which was factually wrong (because there was no dismissive statement about JF17). I know very well how much trolling is on the forum and that was exactly the reason for my post, because it is not wise to fuel the trolling by such an unnecessary and generalised statement.

And another thing, trolling does not means you answer with a troll post. Whatever layman or whatever said in the last page, should have been reported instead of replied with trollish posts.

That's why I didn't replied to him, but to ajtr! The next mistake of yours, based on a general assumption, that's why I am requesting again, don't look at the things so one sided and generalise things. Yes, there are Indian trolls, just like there are Pakistani or Chinese trolls, but that doesn't mean all Indians, all Pakistanis or all Chinese are trolls isn't it? So not any statement an Indian makes on JF 17 must be negative.

Anyways, back to topic.

Today i missed discovery channel's "World's Top Five" they were showing a documentry on Tejas.

Today i missed discovery channel's "World's Top Five" they were showing a documentry on Tejas.

If some one can put the recorded video on YouTube.. pls post a link.

Anyway, I searched on google. but didn't find anything related to this !!!!

I would like to watch this re-telecast...any info?

I watched it. It is about first test flight of Tejas and composites developed to make it light.
Interesting thing is that just before the first test flight our defense minister george Fernandes received a report which said LCA will crash in its flight but it turned out to be a sucess :yahoo:.

Tejas is referred as multi role light weight fighter jet in that telecast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom