What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
LCA + AESA = Biggest joke in the world

so heavy and big Aesa rader, can LCA II fly?

Big Mouth India makes biggest joke in the world again :lol::rofl:

i second that.First time in 436 posts you said something useful....:china:

Not even this time there is something useful:

LCA MK1: 6560Kg @ 55kN dry
JF 17 B1: 6411Kg @ 49kN dry
Gripen C: 6800Kg @ 55kN dry

LCA turned out to be heavier than planned, but it's heavy only for Indian high standards, otherwise it's very competetive in it's class.

laman12345 said:
LCA + AESA = Biggest joke in the world

so heavy and big Aesa rader, can LCA II fly?

Big Mouth India makes biggest joke in the world again

Not even this time there is something useful:

LCA MK1: 6560Kg @ 55kN dry
JF 17 B1: 6411Kg @ 49kN dry
Gripen C: 6800Kg @ 55kN dry

LCA turned out to be heavier than planned, but it's heavy only for Indian high standards, otherwise it's very competetive in it's class.

Sancho, Ignorance is Bliss for many on PDF..

jfr2ihns.jpg

Data is based on Official ADA, PAC Karma, Saab

Unrealistically high, some pleople simply promise and some require too much from indigenous developments.

I think he was trolling and wasn't expecting this kinda answer :P

Isn't a low combat radius & low service ceiling a threat for tejas when compared to jf-17??
Buddy don't trust Wiki.....

Combat radius of Jf17 and Tejas is almost similar infact Tejas can carry more internal fuel then Jf17...

Secondly i think in high altitude Tejas will perform better then jf17....

Isn't a low combat radius & low service ceiling a threat for Tejas when compared to jf-17??

Not really, LCA was designed as a point defense plane with added Air to Ground capability. Also be reminded that 850 Km radius is good enough for Pakistan.

@ Sancho,
I cannot send you PM due to low post counts. I've verified and corrected T/W. Also verified that the afterburner Thrust for GE404 is correct. Please note We are using F404-GE-IN20. It has higher afterburner thrust compare to other F404 series engines

Buddy don't trust Wiki.....

Combat radius of Jf17 and Tejas is almost similar infact Tejas can carry more internal fuel then Jf17...

Secondly i think in high altitude Tejas will perform better then jf17....

Tejas is for point defence role & will hardly leave the nations boundries for attack.
the added air to ground capability is for air support to the advancing ground units.

so 850 km range is good enough for the fighter in the class of Tejas.

Sancho, Ignorance is Bliss for many on PDF..

z3pidnjg.jpg

Many jf-17 statistics in this chart are wrong such as empty weight, G limit etc. Refer to jf-17 info pool for correct data.

Thanks

Many jf-17 statistics in this chart are wrong such as empty weight, G limit etc. Refer to jf-17 info pool for correct data.

Thanks

had they been referring to info pool or the real informative parts, we would not have seen the trolling of Indian members with respect to JF-17.

Don't ask for the Impossible.

had they been referring to info pool or the real informative parts, we would not have seen the trolling of Indian members with respect to JF-17.

Don't ask for the Impossible.

Where do you see any trolling from Indian members? SMS might not have used correct data in his comparison (he corrected some of them later), but didn't made any dismissive statement against JF 17. If that is trolling, how do you rate laman12345s posts on the last page, which was the reason for this discussion.

Don't look at it so one sided please!

Please note We are using F404-GE-IN20. It has higher afterburner thrust compare to other F404 series engines

That's not correct:

F404-GE-IN20 Engines Ordered for India Light Combat Aircraft

...Earlier this year, the F404-GE-IN20 was trial-installed in Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) as part of final evaluations toward flight-testing, scheduled for mid-2007. The F404-IN-20 engine has generated more than 19,000 pounds (85 kN) uninstalled thrust and has completed 330 hours of Accelerated Mission testing, which is the equivalent of 1,000 hours of flight operation...

F404-GE-IN20 Engines Ordered for India Light Combat Aircraft | Press Release

Add the Gripen C to your comparision and always try to get the most reliable specs, to get a fair and equal point of view. I can send you some links if you want.

Isn't a low combat radius & low service ceiling a threat for tejas when compared to jf-17??

Range specs always have to be take with cautions, because it depends on how they were calculated, with how much fuel or weapon loads, altitude...

Tejas is for point defence role & will hardly leave the nations boundries for attack.
the added air to ground capability is for air support to the advancing ground units.

Tejas is as capable in A2G as the Jaguars not, while having a lower RCS, better avionics and self defence capabilities and CAS doesn't stop at borders. With fighters like Rafale, MKIs or others, they won't need to be used much in A2G, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be useful.
Again, only because IAF will have very capable hi end fighters, it doesn't mean LCA it couldn't be a good multi role fighter in other air forces!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom