What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the problem in comparative and competitive trials between Tejas MK-I and Mirage-2K. It will bring the truth to the Public weather ADA/DRDO or IAF which is on the fault. ADA/DRDO with inferior quality product or IAF for its LOVE FOR "PHORANE MAAL".

If a Journalist does not tag your thought line he is loosing creditability??? Good Logic!!!!

Apart from Weapons load Tejas MK-I beats Mirage-2000 on all accounts. Weather in air to air config or ground attack. Keep in mind Tejas demonstrated Multi Roll capabilities - PGM attack, Dispensation of Flare Chaffs and firing of Air to Air Missiles all in 100 seconds.

It will be definitely be comparable to Gripen C/D just match the spacs of Tejas MK-I & Gripen C/D you will know the answer.

The comparison is very much Important because "IAF is spending $40 Million per plane on upgradation of Mirages to latest Standard". If IAF thinks it is that much important to Upgrade Mirages then Mirages must be superior to Tejas-MK-I.

It is not going to surpass the new upgraded M2k in any area (except in RCS or some CAS duties).

But If it is able to deliver the performance of 70 to 80% of what M2k provides, then it is a success. That is what a light fighter is gonna give you. Do not put M2k or F-16 as a light fighter

My prediction is
1 We will see orders for LCA increased by March, probably by that time it will be very close to FOC and demonstrated lot of capabilities.
2 Rafale deal will be signed up after March after next budget.

Trials between M2K and Tejas are meaningless. GOI PR dept. can always say Tejas came out on top to secure a PR victory.

Ever since they said Arjun MBT beat T-90 trials just shows their mindset that they are willing to compromise on capability and national security in exchange for a PR victory and of course propaganda purposes.

When M2K is BVR capable and Tejas is not BVR capable what will the trial involve?

Top speed? Meaningless in actual combat.

Range? M2K hands down.

Endurance? M2K hands down.

But in the end who knows what the PR machine will say.

That's right. Indian govt. act like the CPP in China. It lies all the time. :coffee: ........ we should all listen to BBC to know the "truth"...that and "Al Jazeera". Right ?

That's right. Indian govt. act like the CPP in China. It lies all the time. :coffee: ........ we should all listen to BBC to know the "truth"...that and "Al Jazeera". Right ?

I don't know why you would believe anything from a Qatar terror funded news channel but i certainly would not.

However if anyone genuinely believes that the Arjun can beat the T-90 is either engaged in willfull propaganda himself or is completely gullible.

1. Dassault Mirage 2000 Jet fighter
  2. The Dassault Mirage 2000 is a French multirole, single-engine fourth-generation jet fighter manufactured by Dassault Aviation. It was designed in the late 1970s as a lightweight fighter based on the Mirage III for the French Air Force. Wikipedia
  3. Range: 1,550 km with drop tanks
  4. Wingspan: 8.80 m
  5. Introduced: June 1984
  6. Unit cost: 23,000,000–23,000,000 USD
  7. Engine type: Snecma M53
  8. Manufacturer: Dassault Aviation
  9. Thomson-CSF RDM multi-mode radar or Dassault Electronique/Thomson-CSF RDI pulse-Doppler radar for the Mirage 2000C/D, each with an operating range of 54 nm (100 km / 62 miles). This unit was an evolution of Cyrano radars, with more modern processing units and look-down/shoot-down capabilities. The effective range is around 60–70 km with modest capabilities against low-level targets. (Note: International Standard for radar is 5Sq.m. RCS and Indian Standard is 2Sq.m RCS).
Now Tejas: TWR:
Tejas.jpg

Compare TWR of Both GRIPEN-C and MIRAGE (and even with Rafale now think where MK-II will be sitting with F-414 engine) with TEJAS-MK-I

Tejas : Range:
AeroIndia2013_0311.JPG

Endurance of 2.5 Hours. And as per IOC-2 specs it declares it with "Combat Radius" of 500Km. From where we can roughly assume range to be 3 times of Combat Radius which will defines Range as 1500Km. This is without Central Line Fuel Tank which is not certified in IOC-2.

Hope this clears basic spacs of both the air craft.

We are not comparing here the Avionics of both the Aircrafts.

Last edited:
I don't know why you would believe anything from a Qatar terror funded news channel but i certainly would not.

However if anyone genuinely believes that the Arjun can beat the T-90 is either engaged in willfull propaganda himself or is completely gullible.

I get it, we should not believe the Govt. of India OR the media, we should all believe you. :coffee:

Any other suggestions ?

I believe LCA was grounded in the past because of ejection seat problems and should have been rectified..
Why do you hate LCA so much ?

Yes a ejection mechanism was modified. Timing of breaking of cockpit glass was reduced to almost half for safe ejection of pilot.

1. Dassault Mirage 2000 Jet fighter
  2. The Dassault Mirage 2000 is a French multirole, single-engine fourth-generation jet fighter manufactured by Dassault Aviation. It was designed in the late 1970s as a lightweight fighter based on the Mirage III for the French Air Force. Wikipedia
  3. Range: 1,550 km with drop tanks
  4. Wingspan: 8.80 m
  5. Introduced: June 1984
  6. Unit cost: 23,000,000–23,000,000 USD
  7. Engine type: Snecma M53
  8. Manufacturer: Dassault Aviation
  9. Thomson-CSF RDM multi-mode radar or Dassault Electronique/Thomson-CSF RDI pulse-Doppler radar for the Mirage 2000C/D, each with an operating range of 54 nm (100 km / 62 miles). This unit was an evolution of Cyrano radars, with more modern processing units and look-down/shoot-down capabilities. The effective range is around 60–70 km with modest capabilities against low-level targets. (Note: International Standard for radar is 5Sq.m. RCS and Indian Standard is 2Sq.m RCS).
Now Tejas: TWR:
View attachment 146540
Compare TWR of Both GRIPEN-C and MIRAGE (and even with Rafale now think where MK-II will be sitting with F-414 engine) with TEJAS-MK-I

Tejas : Range:
View attachment 146544

Endurance of 2.5 Hours. And as per IOC-2 specs it declares it with "Combat Radius" of 500Km. From where we can roughly assume range to be 3 times of Combat Radius which will defines Range as 1500Km. This is without Central Line Fuel Tank which is not certified in IOC-2.

Hope this clears basic spacs of both the air craft.

We are not comparing here the Avionics of both the Aircrafts.

Ferry range over 1700 KM. Fuel 2468 KG i.e 3000 Liter of internal fuel. 2 1200 Liter and one 800 Literl tanks can be attached. WIKI states the range of 3000 KM.

Yes a ejection mechanism was modified. Timing of breaking of cockpit glass was reduced to almost half for safe ejection of pilot.

Ferry range over 1700 KM. Fuel 2468 KG i.e 3000 Liter of internal fuel. 2 1200 Liter and one 800 Literl tanks can be attached. WIKI states the range of 3000 KM.

Thanks for mentioning it I was modifying my post as your suggestions arrived.

I will support this, in many conditions...both M2k and LCA Mk1 may have similar performance specially A2A.

No they won't, the M2K has the better flight performance, missiles and load config. Both will be technically in the same generation of course and will have similar systems, but the performance still will be different. The biggest difference in fact will be the strike config, where LCA will be able to carry more bombs to a similar range, because of more wingstations, while the M2K will have better self protection capability with up to 6 x AAM missiles in any role, compared to LCA with 6 in A2A and just 2 in A2G roles.
However, the point of comparisons at this point is silly, because LCA doesn't even fulfill it's own development goals so far, so focusing on getting it into FOC and achieving all the goals must have priority, not distracting the focus by looking at other things.

If a Journalist does not tag your thought line he is loosing creditability??? Good Logic!!!!

You don't understand the logic of the statement, if you don't read the statement properly!

He is loosing his credibility as a journalist, since he should be unbiased and aim on facts not only hearsay

So it's not about opinions on LCA, but about how journalists should work compared to defence bloggers.

Last edited:
You don't understand the logic of the statement, if you don't read the statement properly!

So it's not about opinions on LCA, but about how journalists should work compared to defence bloggers.

Almost ALL facts for a journalist are based on hearsay :cheesy:

Its only VERY rarely they get documents or video or audio evidence. ........ if the journalists follow your advice, 90% of news channels in India will shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom