What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking that 58% of the parts of the plane are being produced at one plant is completely irrational and illogical. I do don't think anything is being produced in Pakistan for this plane.
I am sure the Project Managers and PAC aren't lying - these are official reports , kiddo :D Your opinion doesn't matter then , at all specially knowing that you usually troll around in threads .

I am sure the Project Managers and PAC aren't lying - these are official reports , kiddo :D Your opinion doesn't matter then , at all specially knowing that you usually troll around in threads .

58% by number of parts or value??

I read some scientist saying that 28* AOA is the useful exploitable limit for any fighter. LCA can increase AOA beyond 28* or upto 35* or even more with rudder control. TVC aircraft like Su 30 can have much batter AOA with TVC but pushing plane to such high AOA will bleed kinetic energy and not very useful. Chinese Planes have very poor AOA. SAAB gripen has it 28* and rafale has 26*. Russian planes have very high AOA and hence very maneuverable.

28* AOA will give Tejas a freedom to operate in some extreme condition and care free maneuvering.

58% by number of parts or value??

Parts of course - 58 % , avionics - 70 % . Anyways , discuss the topic , this info is easily accessible in the information pool .

Last edited:

Thanks man.

Let us discuss the the capability visible in these videos.

Steep climbing visible in Video is a clear indication of very high thrust to weight ratio. It points towards so many other potencies of plane also.

I have seen LCA virtually doing everything except horizantal turn in standard 20 Second time. It is bit slow. I read some where that STR issue is resolved. I am waiting for that Video.

Last edited:
That's wrong, DSI is a feature to improve the airflow to the engine and therefor to improve the engine performance. It is just a common misconception that it would hide the engine from radar waves and has something to do with RCS reduction, but it hasn't. JF17 has a Y-duct to do so, but that or the limited use of composites in Block 2 can't compensate the lack of RAM or coatings, which is the key feature to achive a lower RCS for any 4th gen fighter, be it for a newly developed, or an upgraded like the F16s, or Mig 29s.
That's where LCA has an advantage, since it was developed with a low RCS as a major aim and no matter what went wrong during the development, this field actually was pretty successful. The knowledge ADA, NAL, HAL and co. gathered wrt to designs, materials and coatings will be highly valuable for any future aircraft projects!
Thanks for the correction , mate and I know knowledge and experience gained from these projects is invaluable , let there be no doubt . There were reports of RAM coatings usage on Thunder , dont know their credibility though .

Answer me this . Is RCS reduction of much use and worth the money and maintenance intensive components for these 4th Gen Aircraft ?

Last edited:
Thanks man.

Let us discuss the the capability visible in these videos.

Steep climbing visible in Video is a clear indication of very high thrust to weight ratio. It points towards so many other potencies of plane also.

I have seen LCA virtually doing everything except horizantal turn in standard 20 Second time. It is bit slow. I read some where that STR issue is resolved. I am waiting for that Video.

The plane may be potent and will be the best solution for India . But let them first complete the basic requirements like 28* AOA .

The plane may be potent and will be the best solution for India . But let them first complete the basic requirements like 28* AOA .

It is on the way of doing that. Scientist said that all technical challenge are now been overcome. Do 28* by FOC and Enhance it further subsequently. They increased it to 24* from 17* in 3 years.

It is on the way of doing that. Scientist said that all technical challenge are now been overcome. Do 28* by FOC and Enhance it further subsequently. They increased it to 24* from 17* in 3 years.

Many steps have to be completed before achieving FOC and looks like somehow they have woke up this year completing record number of test flights .

Also have you got picture of LCA flying with load on the center pylon under the body ??

Because I have not found a single one .

Many steps have to be completed before achieving FOC and looks like somehow they have woke up this year completing record number of test flights .

Also have you got picture of LCA flying with load on the center pylon under the body ??

Because I have not found a single one .

I will post it if I find.

Please watch the video from 1:43 - 2:03 where it shows the steep vertical climb of Tejas with full battle load. This maneuverability is something new and never seen before.

Riaz Hussain

Pl see above Video. You had opened a thread but video is available now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom