What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO in the end it would be a hybrid similar what we have in MK1 ( i.e. 2032 + Ind stuff). As developing Aesa in the stipulated time is not possible ( Looking at our past record). Or may be Desi Aesa is tagetted for MLU of Mk2

IMHO in the end it would be a hybrid similar what we have in MK1 ( i.e. 2032 + Ind stuff). As developing Aesa in the stipulated time is not possible ( Looking at our past record). Or may be Desi Aesa is tagetted for MLU of Mk2
there is nothing hybrid about 2032 except that israelis will provide the source codes for weapon integration

"Defence Aviation has learnt that the radar was a Hybrid version of Israel’s Elta EL/M-2032 which is currently in service with Indian Navy on its Sea Harrier fleet. The radar is mechanically steered and most components are of Indian origin. The processor of the radar is of Israeli origin similar to that found on the EL/M-2032. There was some confusion regarding the type of radar but it has now been confirmed that it is Doppler pulse radar.
The achievement is significant as this bring the LCA-Tejas closer to receiving the Initial Operation Clearance (IOC). All the necessary tests to receive the IOC are done and now only tests related to the radar remain. It’s expected that these will be completed in 6 months and after that the LCA will enter service with the Indian Air Force (IAF) which has ordered 40 units of LCA’s in IOC configuration. The first aircraft is expected to enter service during the second quarter of 2011."
LCA Tejas finally gets Radar! | Defence Aviation

Its hybrid as I understand, the Processor is elta's.

"Defence Aviation has learnt that the radar was a Hybrid version of Israel’s Elta EL/M-2032 which is currently in service with Indian Navy on its Sea Harrier fleet. The radar is mechanically steered and most components are of Indian origin. The processor of the radar is of Israeli origin similar to that found on the EL/M-2032. There was some confusion regarding the type of radar but it has now been confirmed that it is Doppler pulse radar.
The achievement is significant as this bring the LCA-Tejas closer to receiving the Initial Operation Clearance (IOC). All the necessary tests to receive the IOC are done and now only tests related to the radar remain. It’s expected that these will be completed in 6 months and after that the LCA will enter service with the Indian Air Force (IAF) which has ordered 40 units of LCA’s in IOC configuration. The first aircraft is expected to enter service during the second quarter of 2011."
LCA Tejas finally gets Radar! | Defence Aviation

nonsense

most components could be made in india on the basis of tot,,,,,,,,,,this dosen't mean its hybrid

You mean its completely TOT i.e. there is nothing which was indigenously made is being used?
Well then someone exp like Sancho, Sandy can throw some light

You mean its completely TOT i.e. there is nothing which was indigenously made is being used?
Well then someone exp like Sancho, Sandy can throw some light

yes i am saying so

drdo was developing a mmr radar indigenously but it was deemed useless,thats why we went for 2032
had it been indigenous we would have surely named it so

LCA tejas will qualify for Python IV, derby, RVV AE-M1, RVV MD, R73, R27, and astra I/II and hopefully mica, making it's AAM quals almost equal to MKI

That would be a huge waste of money!

The aim was a hybrid, indigenous radar with some Israeli parts, but as it seems it's still the indigenous radar that is not ready, which is why it's likely that the MK1 will come with the EL 2032 and some minor Indian parts maybe, while indigenous MMR, either comes in later upgrade stages, or even in the MK2, if the indigenous AESA is not ready in time, which is likely too.
Anyway, both silly decisions again, which makes LCA the fighter development, dependent on other indigenous tech developments!

Reactions: Sri

The aim was a hybrid, indigenous radar with some Israeli parts, but as it seems it's still the indigenous radar that is not ready, which is why it's likely that the MK1 will come with the EL 2032 and some minor Indian parts maybe, while indigenous MMR, either comes in later upgrade stages, or even in the MK2, if the indigenous AESA is not ready in time, which is likely too.
Anyway, both silly decisions again, which makes LCA the fighter development, dependent on other indigenous tech developments!

can't we partner with russians like niip institute or phazotron niir??
whats taking so long?/

Not at all, it will be able to consolidate python 4 and derby inventory of the Harriers (mki might already have dibbs on them), it will be also able to consolidate vympel series missiles along with practice munitions, this also allows procurement of R27 stockpiles from ukraine for intermediate use until Astra family matures...Along with it I see no harm in qualifying KH series for N-LCA development.

can't we partner with russians like niip institute or phazotron niir??
whats taking so long?/

We can, but we don't want to. Russian techs and involvement was rejected as much as possible from LCA development in various areas, which was silly imo, but it is as it is. They offered to RD 33 varient, help for Kaveri, joint radar developments and would have been the most logical choice to navalise the fighter, considering we will use Russian Migs and a Russian carrier too, but we thought either we can do it better, or that anything that we can get from the west is more useful, another point where LCA program went the wrong way.

We can, but we don't want to. Russian techs and involvement was rejected as much as possible from LCA development in various areas, which was silly imo, but it is as it is. They offered to RD 33 varient, help for Kaveri, joint radar developments and would have been the most logical choice to navalise the fighter, considering we will use Russian Migs and a Russian carrier too, but we thought either we can do it better, or that anything that we can get from the west is more useful, another point where LCA program went the wrong way.

this is nonsense by indian govt

why didn't we use rd 33 when we have complete tot??

bullshit of highest order..................are the russians so bad??

Not at all, it will be able to consolidate python 4 and derby inventory of the Harriers (mki might already have dibbs on them), it will be also able to consolidate vympel series missiles along with practice munitions, this also allows procurement of R27 stockpiles from ukraine for intermediate use until Astra family matures...Along with it I see no harm in qualifying KH series for N-LCA development.

Of course it is, since any integration of a new weapon means additional funding of tests too and that for weapons that would never be used by LCA. R27s will only be used at Mig 29 and Su 30 bases and were procured only as an intermediate addition to not buy more R77 an till Astra is available. LCA on the other side will not be placed at MKI or Mig 29 bases and IAF just like IN already decided to take Derby as the stop gap missile, till Astra is ready, which means integrating R27, R77 or even MICA is a total waste money, unless we want to offer LCA with these weapons for exports.
Kh35 will be integrated by IN for sure and most likely will be added to LCA MK1 for IAF as well, to offer anti ship role in the south too. However, that doesn't mean you have to integrate any weapon to LCA that is available in the IAF and the IN. Python V is still only a proposal from the Israelis, but it seems IAF and IN will stick to R73. R27, Kh29 or 59 have no use for LCA in Indian forces (not even Mig 29K carriers Kh59).

Of course it is, since any integration of a new weapon means additional funding of tests too and that for weapons that would never be used by LCA. R27s will only be used at Mig 29 and Su 30 bases and were procured only as an intermediate addition to not buy more R77 an till Astra is available. LCA on the other side will not be placed at MKI or Mig 29 bases and IAF just like IN already decided to take Derby as the stop gap missile, till Astra is ready, which means integrating R27, R77 or even MICA is a total waste money, unless we want to offer LCA with these weapons for exports.
Kh35 will be integrated by IN for sure and most likely will be added to LCA MK1 for IAF as well, to offer anti ship role in the south too. However, that doesn't mean you have to integrate any weapon to LCA that is available in the IAF and the IN. Python V is still only a proposal from the Israelis, but it seems IAF and IN will stick to R73. R27, Kh29 or 59 have no use for LCA in Indian forces (not even Mig 29K carriers Kh59).
I cannot comment in detail, but take this that every aircraft qualifies for for Kh31 is also qualifies for Kh59, Kh29 and a idl 90 variant, Same goes for R77 R27 and R73, if the com bus is compatible with r73, it has to be compatible to read device address for r77 (all but two variants) and r27's.

Now as far as the munitions itself is concerned, the potential to operate Rvv-Sd/PD/MD/AE is extremely valuable for an aircraft like LCA, as far as python 4 is concerned, as of today it stands as the most advanced all aspect aam and will remain a force to reckon with for this decade. Astra when develops will be compatable with LCA, so I see no harm in qualifying LCA for R series, KH series, as a matter of fact, there will be a stock pile of sea hawks in IN which post harrier will be available to N-LCA. So I am highly impressed with cross platform capabilities of LCA....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom