What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
EW+Suite+for+Tejas+Mk1+MRCA.jpg

Finally some more infos on the EWS and it shows that we doing well in the EW field, beeing able to develop latest digital RWR with geolocation capability is great.

Prasun K. Sengupta said...
To MRIDUL BARUAH: Firstly, kindly note that Tejas Mk1’s LSP-7 is being subjected to right now are still airworthiness certification flight-tests (after which the aircraft’s technical & maintenance manuals will be drafted), all of which is CEMILAC's & not the IAF's responsibility. Once the CofA is awarded by CEMILAC, the LSP-7 & in future the LSP-8 will be heading to Gwalior where the IAF’s Tactics & Combat Development Establishment (TACDE) will use these two aircraft as well as the first 20 SP-series aircraft (to be delivered by late 2015) for drafting the aircraft’s operational usage manuals for air combat & precision ground-strike. ONLY AFTER this is completed by 2017 will the IOC phase begin. IOC can’t even commence unless all the four manuals I’ve mentioned above are ready for dessimination. IOC & FOC are all about an aircraft's aircrew & ground crew & related ground-based squadron-level MRO facilities acquiring a degree of proficiency that will enable the aircraft to be employed in wartime on a sustained basis. Therefore, all talk of IOC-1/2/3/4 etc & FOC is highly premature to even talk about at this stage, something which the 'desi' journalists & the 'desi' Defence Minister of the MoD as well as the IAF’s CAS ought to understand & stop taking the gullible public for a ride to nowhere. As for CofA-related flight-tests in Leh, even the MiG-21 Bison could not pass them, only the MiG-29B & Su-30MKI could due to their higher-thrust turbofans. The Tejas Mk2 powered by GE-built F414 turbofan will be able to succeed in taking off from & landing in Leh for sure.

:offtopic:

To ARJUN: The maximum range of BrahMos-2 will be 300km as of now. Since is being developed as a JV with Russia, the question of bypassing Russia for the sake of increasing the missile’s range envelope doesn’t arise. For GPS-based navigation there are two types of accuracy-based codes that are available: the civilian C-code where high-level accuracy is not required, while the Py-code is encrypted & offers the highest level of accuracy. GAGAN will be fully operational by 2014. The LCH will be vulnerable to MANPADS if the missile is launched from higher altitudes, as was done by the Stingers in both Afghanistan & Kargil.

I haven't seen LCA doing any advanced maneuvers. Do they plan to show any thing better than loops or inverted fly pass with Tejas?

What do you expect? Its a light fighter, don't compare with sukhoi or rafale. Also, currently there is no dedicated LCA plane for aerobatics. LSPs maneuvers are restricted by in built care free hadling features in the FBW FCS. World over, Aerobatics maneuvers are performed by dedicated planes with their FBWs tweaked that allows pilots to perform stunts that wont be normally allowed by FCS.

What do you expect? Its a light fighter, don't compare with sukhoi or rafale. Also, currently there is no dedicated LCA plane for aerobatics. LSPs maneuvers are restricted by in built care free hadling features in the FBW FCS. World over, Aerobatics maneuvers are performed by dedicated planes with their FBWs tweaked that allows pilots to perform stunts that wont be normally allowed by FCS.

I expect Tejas to perform maneuvers what other contemporary fighters at same weight category performs. If Mig-21 can do advance maneuvers then why not Tejas?

To MRIDUL BARUAH: Firstly, kindly note that Tejas Mk1’s LSP-7 is being subjected to right now are still airworthiness certification flight-tests (after which the aircraft’s technical & maintenance manuals will be drafted), all of which is CEMILAC's & not the IAF's responsibility. Once the CofA is awarded by CEMILAC, the LSP-7 & in future the LSP-8 will be heading to Gwalior where the IAF’s Tactics & Combat Development Establishment (TACDE) will use these two aircraft as well as the first 20 SP-series aircraft (to be delivered by late 2015) for drafting the aircraft’s operational usage manuals for air combat & precision ground-strike. ONLY AFTER this is completed by 2017 will the IOC phase begin. IOC can’t even commence unless all the four manuals I’ve mentioned above are ready for dessimination. IOC & FOC are all about an aircraft's aircrew & ground crew & related ground-based squadron-level MRO facilities acquiring a degree of proficiency that will enable the aircraft to be employed in wartime on a sustained basis. Therefore, all talk of IOC-1/2/3/4 etc & FOC is highly premature to even talk about at this stage, something which the 'desi' journalists & the 'desi' Defence Minister of the MoD as well as the IAF’s CAS ought to understand & stop taking the gullible public for a ride to nowhere. As for CofA-related flight-tests in Leh, even the MiG-21 Bison could not pass them, only the MiG-29B & Su-30MKI could due to their higher-thrust turbofans. The Tejas Mk2 powered by GE-built F414 turbofan will be able to succeed in taking off from & landing in Leh for sure.

:offtopic:

To ARJUN: The maximum range of BrahMos-2 will be 300km as of now. Since is being developed as a JV with Russia, the question of bypassing Russia for the sake of increasing the missile’s range envelope doesn’t arise. For GPS-based navigation there are two types of accuracy-based codes that are available: the civilian C-code where high-level accuracy is not required, while the Py-code is encrypted & offers the highest level of accuracy. GAGAN will be fully operational by 2014. The LCH will be vulnerable to MANPADS if the missile is launched from higher altitudes, as was done by the Stingers in both Afghanistan & Kargil.

Well well well....Mr.Czar...it was Prasun Sengupta answering my questions.

There is only one news which is saying LCA will get 2052 AESA, there is no other confirmations.

will someone please post me the video of lca recent performance?

hey hey hey its very small world ,i like prasun blog i am always their try to learn from him.

Well well well....Mr.Czar...it was Prasun Sengupta answering my questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom