What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont talk about that helicopter dude. It is 90% foreign made. Only thing Indian made is outer body. India only integerated foreign stuff and called it indegeneous dhruv. The only helicopter that can be called Indian is Lch or now LUh in which the rotors blades, gearbox, landing structure, and many avionics are Indian designed but they are not operational yet.

Nice,so dhruv components are foreign but lch are indian. Good job!

Dont talk about that helicopter dude. It is 90% foreign made. Only thing Indian made is outer body. India only integerated foreign stuff and called it indegeneous dhruv. The only helicopter that can be called Indian is Lch or now LUh in which the rotors blades, gearbox, landing structure, and many avionics are Indian designed but they are not operational yet.

Why not talk about ALH? Today if India is capable of making LCH, LUH and planning about heavy helicopters is because of the technical expertise gained in Dhruv project. It started with designing and manufacturing the frame and integrating foreign equipment. Now today, we are manufacturing our own equipment that will go into LUH (90% indigenous). Similar will be the tale for fighter planes starting from LCA.

I am not here to collect thanks. Then you tell me which country took 25 yrs to develop such a tiny 4th gen fighter. Its soo small that even if it does get inducted, I don't find anything to be proud off. Do you??? Will you proudly say in 30 yrs we built a 5 tonne single engined fighter that still cant fire missiles.

I don't agree with you, but it's a nice and honest post! In 50 years from now I hope to say that LCA served our forces as a good fighter and that it sets the base for an aero industry that today (2062) is more than able to compete with the counterparts from any top nation. That's enough for me, because I don't want to be proud of the fighter, I just put my hope on it as a good low end fighter, that hopefully is more reliable than the Migs it will replace and in the fact that our aero industry needs to start somewhere.
It was clear that it wouldn't be easy and we did a lot of mistakes (making LCA A2G capable before the radar and missiles are inducted is another one, but speakes volume about the mismanagement of the development), but the fact that we made mistakes on the way, doesn't make the whole project a bad one!
Similarly, only because the engine and radar developments failed, it doesn't mean that the whole fighter development has, because that are only sidenotes, that should have been de-linked earlier. We hopefully will learn from these mistakes and won't do it in the next development and if that is the case (although I'm not sure about it), it will be worth it at the end.

Blame it on the bloody bucking system...

I say blame it on our mentality! We want to be "proud" and show off what we achieved with it, although it's "just" a light class fighter. That's why the companies that build it, wanted to do anything alone, although it was clear that they couldn't do it. That's also why IN want it as a carrier fighter, because like any Indian, we want what our neighbor has as well...
With this kind of a mentality, you have to loose sight of what is important and what is not, of what should be the aim and what is the fastest way to achieve it. You simply want more and more, aim higher and higher, while you still are not able to do the basics.

Bottom line is, it was right to develop it, it is important to stick with it until it is in operational service, but even more important is to analyse the mistakes that was done and to learn from them. Because besides providing our forces a low cost, but reliable fighter with good potential (not a super duper high end best in the world...fighter like many believe), learning and increasing knowledge was the main aim behind the development!

Indigenous? Dhruv advanced light helicopters are '90% foreign' - Times Of India

Here you go man. Hal has only integerated most of foreign stuff and called it Indian dhruv.

Integrating foreign parts doesn't make it not indigenous, because the development as a whole is indigenous. Why would you limit your fighter to low quality or capability Indian parts, when you can make it way more deadlier with the available foreign arms and techs?
Or to bring it back to the topic of the thread, why not use a proven foreign engine or radar as a stopgap solution in the early versions and replace them with Indian techs (if as capable) later? That's what we have done with Dhruv and what we sadly didn't with LCA. That's why Chinese fighters with Russian engines are already inducted into operational service, while LCA is not, that's why even the French used GE engines for Rafale first, before they integrated their new M88 and soooo on.

Indigenous is not = 100% from 1 country!

Here you go man. Hal has only integerated most of foreign stuff and called it Indian dhruv.

Guys I do not know where did we get the idea that indigenous= Every thing made in country. If we go by that definition non will be called indigenous, even a simple mobile phone cannot be indigenous.

If Saab Grippen is called Swedish, AHS-2. CH2 called South African, T129 called Turkish why do we raise question when ever we talk about Indian development?

This is the age of decentralization supply chain to let the expert do what there are good at and focus on core skill and final product.

Very True, Even f-22 use Foreign made components but world love to call them US plane, Grippen use US engine, Boing use UK engine , Indian made door.

Even FC-1 uses , Russian engine , they call it own, in today;s world , no one make 100% in its own country.

Tejas is a technology demonstrator and will remain as one. A limited number may be produced just like Arjuns and probably that may be all.
And that limited number production of Tejas will be around 200-240 for IAF and IN Air Arm if not more...Not only that i am dam sure we will be able to get an export order of around 100 to150 Tejas Mk2....So at the end HAL will be able to sell 300+ Tejas Mk2...

Here is your Economic 101 lesson -
90 percent of Components for HAL Advanced Light Helicopter Dhruv Sourced Internally

2010-12-08 Around 69 percent of the material used in manufacture of Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) is procured from foreign sources. In terms of number of components involved, around 90 percent of the components are made in India.

The development and production of ALH has benefited the country immensely by providing a versatile domestic helicopter and enhancing our knowledge base in designing, developing and manufacturing a rotary wing aircraft of this category.

This information was given by Minister of State for Defence Shri MM Pallam Raju in a written reply to Shri T M Selvaganapathi in Rajya Sabha today.
90 percent of Components for HAL Advanced Light Helicopter Dhruv Sourced Internally | India Defence

If something we can procure Cheap and at better quality then welcome to 21st century ,the world of globalization.

Effort to make Tejas more ‘Indian’ | idrw.org

In a concerted effort to reduce the percentage of foreign components in the Indian LCA Tejas fighter, the Aeronautical Development Agency has drawn up a comprehensive list of 111 aircraft line-replacable units (LRUs) that will be indigenised and built by Indian companies within the country. The ambitious list includes 21 avionics components (including gyro reference unit, tactical navigation antenna and GPS antenna), 27 environmental control components, 14 electrical components (including under-carriage display unit, integral drive generator and ground power receptacle), ejection seat, nine components in the flight control area (left and right air data sensors, angle of attack sensor, sensor assembly rate).

The list also includes several key LRUs in hydraulics, landing gear, propulsion and fuel, and the aircraft’s health and utility management system. In a statement announcing it’s interest, the ADA has said, “There are 358 LRUs (components) in the Tejas aircraft, out of which 53 per cent of total LRUs are indigenously developed within India. In view to reduce the remaining 47 per cent of the import LRUs, ADA has initiated the indigenous development programme for indigenisation of the import LRUs.”

And that limited number production of Tejas will be around 200-240 for IAF and IN Air Arm if not more...Not only that i am dam sure we will be able to get an export order of around 100 to150 Tejas Mk2....So at the end HAL will be able to sell 300+ Tejas Mk2...

Why not drop the project and buy more Rafael.

Why not drop the project and buy more Rafael.

Use bro use, Rafael is not Point defense fighter. What is the use of using costly MMRCA as point defense fighter???

LCA can be replace by Grippen or F16 (May be) or MiG29(May be) or JF17 (Which China can't sell)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom