What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of information on whats in store.

Major RCS reduction initiatives, interal weapons bay,plasma field.. etc..

LOL ... Stealthier thing become possible at Tejas side where as JF-17 won't take much .... :lol:
Typically Childish

LOL ... Stealthier thing become possible at Tejas side where as JF-17 won't take much .... :lol:
Typically Childish

RCS reduction is possible in any aircraft.. But Tejas can not be made stealth without changing airframe. I think We all agree with it. May be you read it wrong.

Ah..
you created the confusion..
Its EW and not AEW..
AEW stands for Airborne Early Warning.
EW stands for Electronic warfare.

Still.. The EA-6 had a lot of room for packaging in the equipment and electronics(along with cooling) needed for an EW aircraft.
The EA-18G is also a larger aircraft than the Tejas..
The MKI is much more suited to this role..
A MKI(J) version.. with the ability to carry Large numbers of electronic pods would be an invaluable addition to India's arsenal.
Ill show you a concept of it soon.

Thanks for correcting me.. Agree with you. Are you agree that Tejas can be used to test some components of next generation fighter planes??? This is all I meant to say..

Are you agree that Tejas can be used to test some components of next generation fighter planes??? This is all I meant to say..

For the development of certain techs yes (AESA, engine, avionics), but that has nothing to do with Tejas, but with the generation of techs used in it.

Reactions: SQ8
Thanks for correcting me.. Agree with you. Are you agree that Tejas can be used to test some components of next generation fighter planes??? This is all I meant to say..

What the Tejas may eventually be good at.. is acting as a testbed for new FLCS systems, new composite construction techniques.
new control surfaces etc.
since in the worst case scenario any of these items fail and result in a crash of the Testbed.. it will still be a smaller loss as compared to say.. an MKI testbed or the like.

What the Tejas may eventually be good at.. is acting as a testbed for new FLCS systems, new composite construction techniques.
new control surfaces etc.
since in the worst case scenario any of these items fail and result in a crash of the Testbed.. it will still be a smaller loss as compared to say.. an MKI testbed or the like.
Actually MKI would be easier to replace. Current facilities seem to allow the production of only about 1 Tejas every 6-7 months. OTOH we could easily purchase flankers from Roos. Plus Tejas being the light fighter would restrict it's capabilities to carry heavier avionics such as say the BARS type radar.[BARS mk-2 used to weigh a good{or bad} 650kgs:cheesy:]. But flankers are not ours anyway so maybe you are right.

LCA-Tejas has completed 1874 Test Flights successfully. (05-June-2012).
(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-222,PV3-347,LSP1-74,LSP2-211,PV5-36,LSP3-53,LSP4-56,LSP5-89,LSP7-3,NP1-3)

from

LCA-Tejas has completed 1870 Test Flights successfully. (04-June-2012).
(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-222,PV3-347,LSP1-74,LSP2-210,PV5-36,LSP3-53,LSP4-56,LSP5-87,LSP7-3,NP1-2)

NP-1 taking the 3rd flight ..... wasn't there a restiction on the flight certification it got .. a limited amount of flight time or something.. no?

And is it still flying in Bangalore... & even if in Bangalore, can they test the landing gear and arrested recovery in Bangalore?
(I know the ski-jumps can happen only in Goa, but possibly they could test the recovery part)...

I am at total loss at what is going with LCA. How far we are from FOC? Are we progressing at decent rate, what are next steps?

And is it still flying in Bangalore... & even if in Bangalore, can they test the landing gear and arrested recovery in Bangalore?

To test arrested recovery, you need such a system on an airfield and most importanty a hook at the fighter. Both are not available yet and I'm not sure if they want to do such test in Bangalore.

I am at total loss at what is going with LCA. How far we are from FOC? Are we progressing at decent rate, what are next steps?

FCS will be upgraded to achieve the AoA goals and LSP 6 wasn meant to do the related tests. Some weight and drag issues will be dealt (possibly one reason for the re-designed APU at LSP 7), further weapon and avionics will be tested too.

Any news about weapon trail in Goa at last month is it over. ????????

Sadly not, I was hoping for you to find some infos about it. :)

To test arrested recovery, you need such a system on an airfield and most importanty a hook at the fighter. Both are not available yet and I'm not sure if they want to do such test in Bangalore.

Well, why not in Bangalore?

We don't need a ski-jump to test the recovery .... that can be on any airfield:

- they could test that the landing gear can withstand the stress due to controlled crash on the ground, and

- second, that Tejas comes to a halt in the required distance (with help from arrestor wires).

So, Bangalore airfield is as good as anywhere else.

And if not, then the 3 flights of NP-1 achieve very little: just that Tejas can take-off and land with the heavy landing gear... that's it.

It tests nothing much... Is it?

im so bored from waiting for LCA man
when it will be fully capable and FOC.................no one knows
atleast get naval LCA correctly on time.............:hitwall:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom