What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
TO SUMMARISE

lca rcs will be equal to 1/3rd of a current early to mid 4th gen fighter ie mirage2000/F16
true .
thanks to it's increased composite concentration, Y duct air intake , smallest delta wing design plane , Ram coating
will carry USA engine
yes for the time being as who knows india would codevelop kaveri engine with france scenema & can replace those american
engines in future
ISRAELI indian radar
yes india may develop it's own aesa radar or ELTA 2052 radar is also a very powerful aesa radar

INDIAN & ISRAELI weapons
yes ASTRA bvraam is for sure
& isreali derby & worlds most advanced IR guided missile python 5
well we can hope russian & french missiles can be installed on it

but mate u forgot one more thing avionics & Electronic warfare system

india had joined hands with israel to codevelop mayawi EW suite which the isreali would install it in their 5th gen F35 jet which
they would acquire from US . SO u can guess how advanced that EW suite should be as the isreali gonna use it in their 5th gen
jet replacing the cutting edge US EW suite

Resemble a cross between a gripen & mirage 2000
and a cross or hybrid is usually superior than it's parents simple genetics fact:D
& LCA mark2 would gone be defintely superior to these platforms

TO SUMMARISE

lca rcs will be equal to 1/3rd of a current early to mid 4th gen fighter ie mirage2000/F16

IMHO rcs of lca tejas will be approx 1 to 1.5 sqm(clean) and about 3 sqm fully loaded.

I say this because mig 21 has an rcs of 3 sqm(clean).
The wing area of lca > mig 21.
the paylons on tejas is quiet big and they add to rcs considerably.

Although lca uses composites,there isn't a lot of scientific data available about the amount of radar waves composites can absorb or reflect.

Does composites really absorb radiation???

It's not an advantage to ' carry US engine'...It is the best to carry 'Indian engine'.
Believe me, you want to desgin and use ur own engine even it performs worse. You can gradually develop ur own engines to satisfy 5 gen need. Otherwise you may end up like China, which has almost everything but engine for 5 gen.
If you account on purchasing 5 gen engine from US, well, ...

IMHO rcs of lca tejas will be approx 1 to 1.5 sqm(clean) and about 3 sqm fully loaded.

I say this because mig 21 has an rcs of 3 sqm(clean).
The wing area of lca > mig 21.
the paylons on tejas is quiet big and they add to rcs considerably.
LLLOLLZ U should see the frontal radome region of MIG 21 it's a big contributer of frontal RCS so based upon wing size u cant
compare LCA RCS with MIG 21

1429481.jpg

Although lca uses composites,there isn't a lot of scientific data available about the amount of radar waves composites can absorb or reflect.

i think u need to educate urselves before posting such naive post :lol:
dielectriccomposites.jpg

Stealth technology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's not an advantage to ' carry US engine'...It is the best to carry 'Indian engine'.
Believe me, you want to desgin and use ur own engine even it performs worse. You can gradually develop ur own engines to satisfy 5 gen need. Otherwise you may end up like China, which has almost everything but engine for 5 gen.
well we know it but problem we have to use it until we dont develop a powerful engine of our own & we would develop it for sure
But plz avoiding adding CHINA into this thread orelze it would do as a flame baiting for it's trollls

No, it does not reflect as much like normal metall materials and that's it's advantage in this field. The coatings and paintings above these composites will be absorbent, both these features combined with the general small size of LCA adds to a low RCS.

It depends on how you see it, from an industrial point of view it is of course better to develop own engines, that's why the last batch of LCA MK2s might get Kaveri / Snecma engines, just like the US engines in MK1 might be replaced by it.
On the other side you can look at it with a technical point of view as well and then it looks pretty different! The GE engines are highly proven and reliable, offers very good thrust and low costs to operate them, especially compared to Russian engines.

So yes, the long term goal must be getting Kaveri ready somehow, even if that requires French assistance, but for the short term, choosing the GE engines was the right decision and I wish they would choose the same way for AESA as well.

LLLOLLZ U should see the frontal radome region of MIG 21 it's a big contributer of frontal RCS so based upon wing size u cant
compare LCA RCS with MIG 21

sir,
Please read my post once again.
I said increase in wing area and large paylons can be a contributing factor as far as rcs is concerned.
I never said lca rcs > mig 21.

No, it does not reflect as much like normal metall materials and that's it's advantage in this field. The coatings and paintings above these composites will be absorbent, both these features combined with the general small size of LCA adds to a low RCS.
sir,
:tup:

Contracts and Key Events

March 21: Costs.
Defence minister Antony answers a Parliamentary question, and provides cost and schedule slips for the LCA Tejas, LCA Naval, and Kaveri engine. Those are reproduced above along with other information. Antony also discusses what’s being done about these slips, which amounts to more oversight and monitoring. That won’t cure a system whose main problem is a lack of accountability or consequences for the state-run development agencies, and whose secondary problem is the system’s own red tape. On the other hand, the answer makes it sound like the government is doing something. Antony adds that:

“Tacit knowledge acquired by the DRDO scientists during this project will also be applied for further aerospace technology. Kaveri spin-off engine can be used as propulsion system for Indian Unmanned Strike Air Vehicle (USAV).”
Readers may note that he is not referring to the LCA Tejas program as a destination for Kaveri, despite DRDO’s wishes in the matter.

March 14/12: 6 squadrons.
Indian minister of state for defence M M Pallam Raju tels the Rajya Sabha upper chamber that the IAF plans to induct 6 LCA squadrons over the next decade or so, including 4 squadrons of Tejas Mk.II fighters. Given current schedules, past performance, and the extent of the redesign and testing involved, India may be lucky to induct any Mk.II fighters by 2022. Deccan Herald.

LCA Tejas: An Indian Fighter - With Foreign Help

Contracts and Key Events

March 21: Costs.
Defence minister Antony answers a Parliamentary question, and provides cost and schedule slips for the LCA Tejas, LCA Naval, and Kaveri engine. Those are reproduced above along with other information. Antony also discusses what’s being done about these slips, which amounts to more oversight and monitoring. That won’t cure a system whose main problem is a lack of accountability or consequences for the state-run development agencies, and whose secondary problem is the system’s own red tape. On the other hand, the answer makes it sound like the government is doing something. Antony adds that:

“Tacit knowledge acquired by the DRDO scientists during this project will also be applied for further aerospace technology. Kaveri spin-off engine can be used as propulsion system for Indian Unmanned Strike Air Vehicle (USAV).”
Readers may note that he is not referring to the LCA Tejas program as a destination for Kaveri, despite DRDO’s wishes in the matter.

March 14/12: 6 squadrons.
Indian minister of state for defence M M Pallam Raju tels the Rajya Sabha upper chamber that the IAF plans to induct 6 LCA squadrons over the next decade or so, including 4 squadrons of Tejas Mk.II fighters. Given current schedules, past performance, and the extent of the redesign and testing involved, India may be lucky to induct any Mk.II fighters by 2022. Deccan Herald.

LCA Tejas: An Indian Fighter - With Foreign Help

I am quite amazed with the link. Instead of Kaveri Engine the link has a photo of the actress named Kaveri... Very much of a credible site.

Here is info on the cost escallation of the project:

datalcatejasprograms.gif

I am quite amazed with the link. Instead of Kaveri Engine the link has a photo of the actress named Kaveri... Very much of a credible site.

The link is working fine. May be you have some issues at your end.

Here is info on the cost escallation of the project:

datalcatejasprograms.gif

the cost escalation is overrated. The rate of one scent land in my village in 1983 was Rs-350/400. But in 2004 it was Rs-40,000/- and in 2010 it is Rs-65,000 to 80,000/-

You have to take the value of the Rupees into consideration and should discount it in order to get the real view.

the cost escalation is overrated. The rate of one scent land in my village in 1983 was Rs-350/400. But in 2004 it was Rs-40,000/- and in 2010 it is Rs-65,000 to 80,000/-

You have to take the value of the Rupees into consideration and should discount it in order to get the real view.

Tell this to your defense minister who presented these figures in Indian parliament. These are not my or someone elses figures. These are official Indian government figures.

Tell this to your defense minister who presented these figures in Indian parliament. These are not my or someone elses figures. These are official Indian government figures.

Give it a chill man, these kind of projects usually go for cost over-run. Statistics is game of numbers. You need to learn how to read it in your favor.. :) . With the same data you can make an argument and counter argument.

But inflation is not taken into account still holds true even if it is presented in parliament...but then this is typically the norm...costs are given in absolute terms...Just to give you an example - Initially MRCA was costing us around $11 Billion...However now cost has increased a lot...but people failed to notice new adjusted PPP b/w US Dollar and Indian rupee due to high inflation in India...

But inflation is not taken into account still holds true even if it is presented in parliament...but then this is typically the norm...costs are given in absolute terms...Just to give you an example - Initially MRCA was costing us around $11 Billion...However now cost has increased a lot...but people failed to notice new adjusted PPP b/w US Dollar and Indian rupee due to high inflation in India...

Exactly, What is presented here is a raw data. Every one is free to understand it according to there wisdom. :)

For accounting purpose, we take the historical data off course. That is the procedure followed all over the world. But to take a decision on the basis of those data is not feasible as there are other financial techniques to help with. It is the end user who decides or understands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom