What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
But will it be really deployed as it has to compete with Mig 29 and NMRCA si teh question. I think NLCA was a bad move to a waste of money and resources. In stead we would have diverted the resource to Mk2 and gotten it faster.
Don't worry about it. First we have to make wheels before making a bike. The mk2 version won't take long either.

post some more close LERX pictures of N-LCA if possible.
need more details on it ... do they work like PAK-FA LERX or just help take off and land only.

It's called "LEVCON" ( Leading Edge Vortex CONtroller ) for the N-LCA and the idea behind it is not increased maneuverability (only an additional benefit), but reduced aproach speed for carrier landings:

http://www.lca-tejas.org/navaltejas.html

HAL Tejas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Good progress...atleast we will have a 4th gen naval fighter jet by 2015 better than present fleet.

Don't get too excited about this, even IN considers this version only as a tech demonstrator, which should lead to the operational fighter version, based on the MK2. There is still a lot of work to do, with no experience and big risks of further delays, not to forget that the outcome in regard of performance is more than unclear.

^^^
You should feel lucky. Considering the track record of DRDO i think we are at a pretty good pace...And even mk1 version is better than our vintage harriers.

^^^
You should feel lucky. Considering the track record of DRDO i think we are at a pretty good pace...And even mk1 version is better than our vintage harriers.

MK1 will not be fielded in operational service on the carriers, it is just for training, tech and capability demonstrations, just the final N-LCAs based on the MK2s will be fielded on Gorshkov and IAC 2.

Which engine are they using ? Is the deal for GE engines finalized ?

On weapon trials of Light Combat Aircraft Tejas which is going on at a firing range in Pokhran, Mr. Saraswat said, “Yesterday LCA fired a laser guided bomb which had a direct hit on the target under heat conditions in Pokhran. It was the first such firing from the aircraft.”

^^^

Long way to go for N-LCA, and remember IN very much cares about state of the art systems. They knew that we can't make a Rafale-M for the first place, but wants own systems.

Long way to go for N-LCA, and remember IN very much cares about state of the art systems. They knew that we can't make a Navel Rafale for the first place, but wants own systems.

:cheesy::cheesy:

Long way to go for N-LCA, and remember IN very much cares about state of the art systems. They knew that we can't make a Navel Rafale for the first place, but wants own systems.

Agree ....

In three wings, navy is the one which is focusing much on local products. IAF has worst record in incorporating Local system.. Mark my words, LCA will enter IAF or not NLCA will definitely serve Indian Navy.

Look at the Navy's inventory, many ships are indian origin.

Agree ....

In three wings, navy is the one which is focusing much on local products. IAF has worst record in incorporating Local system.. Mark my words, LCA will enter IAF or not NLCA will definitely serve Indian Navy.

Look at the Navy's inventory, many ships are indian origin.

Actually Navy very well knows that such a huge requirement for future can not be fulfilled without indigenous products.. Hope someday IAF and IA will also understand this.

Which engine are they using ? Is the deal for GE engines finalized ?

This N-LCA prototype uses the GE 404 IN20 engine, while the final fighter versions will be based on the LCA MK2 with the GE 414 INS6

Actually Navy very well knows that such a huge requirement for future can not be fulfilled without indigenous products.. Hope someday IAF and IA will also understand this.

And still it is a mistake to limit the capability of our carriers on a low capable single engine fighter, only IN wants to improve indigenous developments. They could have build this N-LCA TD version for the same reason, but without developing an operational version for carrier service. Indigenous developments, yes, but for the right reasons ! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom