What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do you mean by thrust of N-LCA , non of the F404IN going for it , they all will be on the first bach of IAF..
N-LCA will be on F414 , where is the question of thrust came for N-LCA ?

The first 6 will hose only F404IN.. we have signed a deal only couple of months back after negotiation for 414 though we choose on sep last year .. and the aircraft will fly in july or august .. while the first 414 will come in early 2014 ... so no way these 6 will have 414..

so there is the question of thrust.. if you dont believe me see the news

GE Aviation to Deliver 20 GE F414 Engines for HAL Tejas Mark II; Deliveries Begin in 2014 | India Defence

DRDO Chief Dr. Prahlada's comments:
"PRICE NEGOTIATIONS AND CONTRACT FINALIZATION WILL BE WORKED IN THE NEXT TWO MONTHS...GE AVIATION WILL DELIVER 20 GE-414 ENGINES FROM 2014 AND THE REST WILL BE MANUFACTURED IN INDIA UNDER TRANSFER OF TECHNOLOGY TO OUR DEFENCE ESTABLISHMENTS

The first 6 will hose only F404IN.. we have signed a deal only couple of months back after negotiation for 414 though we choose on sep last year .. and the aircraft will fly in july or august .. while the first 414 will come in early 2014 ... so no way these 6 will have 414..

P S Subramaniam, the Director of the Aeronautical Development Agency " We will fly the Naval LCA with the current GE-404 engine to test its flight characteristics, and whether its structural strength is sufficient for aircraft carrier operations. After the LCA is fitted with a new, more powerful engine we will take the next step of operating from an aircraft carrier.”
And only with the new engine will the LCA have the power to get airborne from an aircraft carrier.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/34708-indian-navy-backs-n-lca-tejas-rs-900-crore.html

GE Aviation to Deliver 20 GE F414 Engines for HAL Tejas Mark II; Deliveries Begin in 2014 | India Defence

GoI has refused to fund a separate fighter project for NAVY. So they IN has no choice but to compromise. Change of engine is part of that compromise.

P S Subramaniam, the Director of the Aeronautical Development Agency " We will fly the Naval LCA with the current GE-404 engine to test its flight characteristics, and whether its structural strength is sufficient for aircraft carrier operations. After the LCA is fitted with a new, more powerful engine we will take the next step of operating from an aircraft carrier.”
And only with the new engine will the LCA have the power to get airborne from an aircraft carrier.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/34708-indian-navy-backs-n-lca-tejas-rs-900-crore.html

Exactly the first 6 will be tested with 404 .. while the induction will be done with 414 which is MK-2...

These first 6 will never be used for operations from Viraat or vikramaditya... all the 6 will work from Shore based test facility

Exactly the first 6 will be tested with 404 .. while the induction will be done with 414 which is MK-2...

These first 6 will never be used for operations from Viraat or vikramaditya... all the 6 will work from Shore based test facility

do viraat has arrested wire tech to test these fighter ?
when vikramaditya going to join IN , not before 2013 !!and then it will go into a phase of commisioning for one year , that's the time 2014 when F414 will be delivered to put on N-LCA ..

what make you think ADA will be needeing 6 planes to test flight characteristics and structural strength ...

do viraat has arrested wire tech to test these fighter ?
when vikramaditya going to join IN , not before 2013 !!and then it will go into a phase of commisioning for one year , that's the time 2014 when F414 will be delivered to put on N-LCA ..

what make you think ADA will be needeing 6 planes to test flight characteristics and structural strength ...

I guess there are changes done for putting on arrested wires.. on both the Aircraft carrier ... secondly i may be wrong all the 6 may be done SBTF.. may be 4 of them will go there.. while the other 2 with new engine may be tested on the Aircraft carrier as there is no data on how tests are going to happen.. but yes.. those test fighters coming after 2014 will definitely be of MK-2 config.. with more fuel...

since 414 and 404 are both are of same width and diameter... except for the weight and thrust

Problem is not with GE engines, as you are making it to be by saying 404 is useless and 414 is the only flight-worthy engine. It doesn't work that way.

Even an aircaft with 60Kn engine can take off from Vikramaditya. But question is, what capabilities will it have? And are you ready to settle with that?

Problem is not with GE engines, as you are making it to be by saying 404 is useless and 414 is the only flight-worthy engine. It doesn't work that way.

Even an aircaft with 60Kn engine can take off from Vikramaditya. But question is, what capabilities will it have? And are you ready to settle with that?

I have explained the same in post #5202... 404 is not helpful.. because it doesnt help in carrying any fuel or useful payload.. owing to the requirement on LCA-Navy

I guess there are changes done for putting on arrested wires.. on both the Aircraft carrier ... secondly i may be wrong all the 6 may be done SBTF.. may be 4 of them will go there.. while the other 2 with new engine may be tested on the Aircraft carrier as there is no data on how tests are going to happen.. but yes.. those test fighters coming after 2014 will definitely be of MK-2 config.. with more fuel...

since 414 and 404 are both are of same width and diameter... except for the weight and thrust

Are you serious? We can't debate on self-made assumptions and claims. Atleast provide some logic or links. :lol:

AMCA has no commonality to LCA in design. :lol: :lol:

And that's what I said:

AMCA will be even based heavily on the techs of LCA MK2

So how am I'm wrong when you talk about something totally different? Twisting words aren't we? :azn:

That's exactly what kingdurgaking said from the start and he is completely right about it. N-LCA with the GE 404 engine will only be used for testing and training at the shorebased testing facility at INS Hansa. And you might want to count how many prototypes of LCA exists now for the air force version, just to have a comparison and to see that 6 for N-LCA isn't that much. The final N-LCA will get the higher thrust engine and will be available only around 2015 and still will be just a modest platform as the IN pilot said.

Are you serious? We can't debate on self-made assumptions and claims. Atleast provide some logic or links. :lol:

Thats why i said i am not sure on that.. as there is no information on public domain how the test will happen.. and as i said earlier dont pick words from the sentence but try to read the whole line.. this had been a problem with lot of people around.... instead of pointing out on me where i have admitted the testing and arrested wires on assumption.. why dont you try to post the authentic source than mocking at me...

Thats why i said i am not sure on that.. as there is no information on public domain how the test will happen.. and as i said earlier dont pick words from the sentence but try to read the whole line.. this had been a problem with lot of people around.... instead of pointing out on me where i have admitted the testing and arrested wires on assumption.. why dont you try to post the authentic source than mocking at me...

True. You are propogatin your assumptions as facts here. And when someone shows you mirror, you feel bad. :lol:

So as I said, find authentic links to support your claims. Maybe we will talk then. ;)

True. You are propogatin your assumptions as facts here. And when someone shows you mirror, you feel bad. :lol:

So as I said, find authentic links to support your claims. Maybe we will talk then. ;)

Hoo yeah.. you dont need to point the mirrors to say that is my assumption... because i very well accept that it is my assumption which you can understand if you read the line properly....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom